News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Avengers page updates

Started by SickAlice, May 12, 2015, 05:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

This is where I will put updates for the Avengers which houses characters related to the Avengers franchise as well the MCU and book families like Iron Man, Captain America, Thunderbolts and S.H.I.E.L.D.

Superior Iron Man is on male by Gren and JP. I brought in the armor bits from the game Contest Of Champions as well the texture and sculpted them to fit, then sculpted the male as well to fit the armor. Use Gren's Iron Man keyframes.

Tony Stark was made by deforming Gren and JP's male and adding a couple new costume parts.

Iron Patriot Norman Osborn is on Iron-Man Mark 32 by Gren and JP. I sculpted the armor using the original boots and a Pepakura cosplay file by EyeOfSauron until I felt they matched Iron Patriot. I then deformed the male basic mesh to match and brought in Norman head parts I made for a previous mesh.

Pepper Potts aka Rescue is on Iron-Man Mark 32 by Gren. I removed everything and weighted a Gren/JP female to male. I then made the costume. The skirt was sculpted using the dress from Gren's Isis as a base, some of the armor parts either using parts from the original mesh as bases or bits from a Marvel Heroes game model. For the Mark 1 helmet I used the Lego version as a base though I had to mangle it as it matched a Lego body. I added new values to the keyframes for a second jet set. Pepper Potts includes the following skins: Pepper Potts as the standard, Telepresence Pepper from The Order, Movie Pepper, Iron Man 3 Extremis Pepper, Rescue Mark 1 and Rescue Mark 2.

Ultron (Avengers 2) is just the model from Contest Of Champions swapped onto male basic. As usually there's some clavicle drag. Also the arms look a little odd during certain animations as this was a weird fit for male basic. Else most of that's only noticeable in CTool and doesn't stick out in game.
* amend: Ultron has been replaced with a V.2. Detourne_me gave it much better keyframes using animations by Renegade, Valandar and BeardedInLair as a base as well added jets to the feet. I also added the original models bumpmap to it to improve the look. This can just be copied over the old file and used as is.

Ultron Classic COC is the same as the above and on the same build compiled by detourne_me but instead with the Classic model from COC swapped in. I left the height but this can be changed by the handle of course.

Ultron Sentry is the same as the above but using the Minion model and set to basic size.

Avengers 2 Age of Ultron Scarlet Witch is just a mash-up of INK's Marvel Girl Rachel 2 and a model from Marvel Heroes. I removed everything from INK's mesh except the body and conformed the game models costume and texture to it. The female teen model is probably useless without the boots as I also cut off the feet so the boots would look right.

Contest Of Champions Red Skull is a straight up swap of the model for COC to Gren's male. I put in Grens Iron Man keys. This is the first time I've used a bumpmap and found it makes a world of difference. There's a little vert drag but it's not bad in game. I got pretty lucky with how this turned out.

Ant-Man NOW! is on Ant-Man by tommyboy and Podmark. I removed all the extras except the ant and swapped in cosTume parts from Marvels Future Fight as well as textures from the same. It includes two Lang skins, NOW! as the standard and a bonus MCU one.

Sin is a Future Fight model weighted to Gren's Nikki.

These can be downloaded here:
http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/pages/avengers.html

SickAlice

Added Avengers 2 Age of Ultron Scarlet Witch.

windblown

AoU Wanda looks great, I really like her.

Btw, the link at the end of the post leads you to the Marvel page instead of the Avengers one.

El1jahSnowFan

Amazing -- personal note: I have never really felt any kind of connection toward the Scarlet Witch over the years because I just never felt anything toward her costume. Yes, a simpler era, but it just seemed implausible for me, even as a child, that that costume "made sense."

Just my thoughts: While I understand -- and appreciate -- almost every classic look around, to me, this is a better look, and I am glad you were able to do this!

mac402

I concur that the Scarlet Witch is sweet.

SickAlice

Thanks for catching my error windblown. I got to try and pay more attention, I'm fumbling a lot lately.
This seemed like a quick one and I need a break from a bigger project to think on it for a bit. I figure Avengers 2 stuff is pretty wanted right now so I'll try and catch it if I think I can. It makes sense El1jahSnowFan. I wasn't a fan either. I grew a fan of it though but I think only because as time passed it became of symbol of nostalgia to me. These days though and be this blasphemy but my truth I could leave most traditional costumes. They were what they need to be for their time I'm sure but to me are outmoded, fashionably and artistically and hence why I tend to try and mod the new costumes. Like or leave the new or new versions of the characters it's the depth and eye appeal that makes me want to recreate them.

ghazkul

Hey I got to ask, is it possible to skin the Superior Iron Man mesh so the glow changes from blue to red in certain animations, like some of the modern Emma Frost meshes?

SickAlice

Never seen it. To my best animated texture assignment was locked to the base texture? I'm assuming since it's in the animations though two different meshes were in play and the person who made that scripted the key frames so only one mesh or the other was visible during certain animations (sounds like a wb trick really)? Possible yes, I won't do it though sorry. I'm terrible with keyframes and am still working on some from last fall even now. Doing such a thing would take me a very long time and I would have to stop every request anyone else has for my onsite until that was done. Also while that sounds neat it's overkill and not necessary to get the characters look down imo, not for the amount of work it take me. If anyone else a little more comfortable with that process wants to take it on though be my guest. Probably best to ask whomever made the Emma, that wasn't one of mine is all I know about it. It would be simple though to just make an alt skin directory with red hues? I mean you wouldn't have the animation alternation but the visual would be accessible, maybe chain it to the blue ones hero file using the Shapeshift attribute and give them slightly different properties. I dunno I've seen the red variation myself in the comics but never used as an indication Tony was using certain powers/attacks. It seemed to be more like a " mood ring ".

daglob

Kenn X's Flame On Action Human Torches changes from Johnny to Torch for different animations. I did a skin for the Valiant Solar using it.

I have no idea how it's done. A lot of the stuff you people do looks like magic to me.

detourne_me

I'm not sure how KennX's Johnny Storm works, but the one I skoped a while back was based on Renegade's Ray. It had two different male_basic bodies that would switch during different animations. It was a matter of scaling down one body and scaling up the other, then vice versa. I then added fire FX to the flying/ranged animation body.
This could be done with the superior iron man mesh, each mesh having different refl or glow files.
It isn't particularly difficult to do, just incredibly time consuming.

SickAlice

That's as much as I thought. The time consuming part is where I'm hitched. My schedule is full right now in art and life, the next few weeks are spoken for by the hour. Like I said if anyone else wants it though be my guest. If I'm right though it would VERY time consuming because all of the armor parts are separate models in their own nodes. Pretty sure two instances would need to be accounted for of each like Syn's Morph (not two here but every attachment has keyframe info for the shapeshift animations). Or is there a quicker way around that?

detourne_me

oh man, i never imagined every part of iron man would be broken up. i guess that makes sense though.  best way for you to rig it to a freedom force skeleton.  you are right in saying that every piece would have to be called upon in the keyframes... unless all the mesh pieces were 'children' of a bigger NiNode (I think thats the terminology). Sometimes you get lucky and the original keyframes call on something that gets scaled where you could skope all of the pieces under that 'parent' branch. other times you have extra pieces that just don't scale unless they are called on specifically in the keyframes.  My vision and Doc Astounding skopes are examples of this, the bodies and capes scale well, but extras like spit curls or forehead gems just don't scale at all.

SickAlice

Oh I'm not curious how to do it. I was trying to point out that the process was a long one.
I'm explaining why I won't do it but if anyone else wants to feel free. I'll try and make easier:
1.) I don't have the time. I have surgeries, two house to renovate, a que of requests for this game in progress, another two programs to write outside of this, three paying art jobs to finish before, several animals to take care of, my actual job, so forth. It's a matter of logistics and I already put a lot of time into the one I already made.
2.) He didn't turn red anyways. Search " Superior Iron Man Vs. Daredevil " online if you don't own any of the comics. See? Blue. The red hue was added occasional by certain artists to establish mood and dramatic effect. It isn't an actual feature of the armor.
Sorry. If it weren't a major undertaking and I wasn't doing anything I'd think about even though I don't understand the function here. But my hands are tied right now.

ghazkul

Let the guy be and do what he has to do.

SickAlice

It's cool. I think something may have gotten lost in composition there. I tend to type way more information then needed online (I am a jabberjaw in other words) and derail my own points and stances. In the interest of continuity though " if " I were doing a shapeshifting mesh, or one that changes color I wouldn't go any of these routes anyways. I would scrap the original nif and build something much more cumbersome for the effect to begin with rather than creating two weeks worth of number crunching.

SickAlice

SickAlice

Added Contest Of Champions Red Skull.

spydermann93

I've been playing Contest of Champions for the past week, and the models look great!

The game is also reeeealllly addicting :P

SickAlice

I've seen a lot of positive critique of it. I have a cap on my usage (4 gigs) so I don't play online games as my mother is already addicted to Candy Crush. Else I would use it for Second Life as there's a lucrative market there in game modelling. They are really good models and easier to work with then most. Usually they're not welded which is a plus when taking costume parts off them. This was for a request, I'm mostly opposed to using full models as they aren't conformed to Freedom Force. I will be swapping Maestro from the game however as his costume in COC is set to become his comic book look after Secret Wars.

SickAlice

Ultron has been amended to V.2 thanks to detourne_me and uploaded over the old file. It now has cool animations as well as jets and a bumpmap to improve the texture.

Here is a comparison shot with the old nif that had no bumpmap on the left and the new nif that has a bumpmap on the right.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SickAlice

The bumpmap really makes that much of a difference doesn't it?

Added Ultron Classic COC.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: SickAlice on September 02, 2015, 03:31:51 AM
The bumpmap really makes that much of a difference doesn't it?

Absolutely.  :D

Quote from: SickAlice on September 02, 2015, 03:31:51 AM
Added Ultron Classic COC.

It's always cool to see more Ultrons, definitely one of my top 10 Marvel Villains.

Kenn

Quote from: detourne_me on May 22, 2015, 11:29:22 PM
I'm not sure how KennX's Johnny Storm works, but the one I skoped a while back was based on Renegade's Ray. It had two different male_basic bodies that would switch during different animations. It was a matter of scaling down one body and scaling up the other, then vice versa. I then added fire FX to the flying/ranged animation body.
This could be done with the superior iron man mesh, each mesh having different refl or glow files.
It isn't particularly difficult to do, just incredibly time consuming.

This is how my flame-on meshes work.   Essentially swapping between male_basic and male_basic_with_particle_effects.   
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

windblown

:thumbup: That's a great improvement on AoU Ultron. Loving the classic one too.

SickAlice

All credit to detourne_me there and agreed. I love that walk cycle especially. Putting that aside for Robocop if I ever finally start him of course.

detourne_me

Well, in that case, the credit goes to Bearded for the walk.  I just added it to the keyframe set!
And Robocop?!? Awesome. I can already imagine a decent keyframe set for him.

SickAlice

Podmark

Are you sure you don't want to add Ant-Man LATER?

Great job SA, good to see you back.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page