FFX Control Centre Refusing to Use Correct Install Directory on Windows 8

Started by spydermann93, May 14, 2015, 01:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spydermann93

Hello everybody,

I've recently been trying to install FFX 3.3.1 on Windows 8, STEAM version, but every time I try and install the mod, FFX 3.3.1's Control Centre refuses to recognize the correct directory.

In the Control Centre, it states that the "Install dir" is "C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich" when the game is installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich"

I've been trying to change the "Install dir" for FFX Control Centre, but I have no idea how to do that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

trebean

uh hey, sorry for bumping this thread but did you ever found a workaround for this? I just reinstalled the game again and I have no idea how I managed to get around this limitation in the first place.

spydermann93

Yeah, I have no clue. I just used my disk to install the game.

GOG's version might work, but Steam is iffy for me in that sometimes FFX3 installs correctly, sometimes it doesn't.

trebean

Quote from: spydermann93 on April 02, 2016, 06:17:49 PM
Yeah, I have no clue. I just used my disk to install the game.

GOG's version might work, but Steam is iffy for me in that sometimes FFX3 installs correctly, sometimes it doesn't.
Yeah, just gave up and used the GOG Version, I just altered the directory so that it's /Irrational Games/Freedom Force vs The Third Reich instead. Can't do that with the Steam Version since it forces it's own install path on the drive you're on.

stumpy

Wow! I know this is off-topic, but I am thrilled to hear that FF and FFvt3R are back on GOG! I am now $7.48 from totally removing all traces of Steam from my PC!
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

Incredible Bulk

Sorry I never did read an answer to the original question but I'm having the same issue with steam
Sith Prime

madproforg

A workaround that worked for me in Windows 10 was to create a directory junction - a way of have more than one directory pointing to the same place

start a command prompt as administrator then run these commands  (start -> cmd.exe  then right click and select Run as Administrator)

cd /d "c:\program files"
mkdir "Irrational Games"
cd "Irrational Games"
mklink /j "Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich"

now the FFX Control Centre  should work

iago9999

madproforg, you are a genius!! Thank you for this. I have been trying to figure out how to change the directory path on CC to the Steam path and this worked brilliantly!