News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Application Load Error 5:0000065434

Started by detourne_me, May 20, 2015, 11:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

detourne_me

:wacko:
I just cannot play any mods including FFX.  I keep getting this error.   Has this happened to anyone else before? Are there any workarounds?

Epimethee

I can't really help much, but from a quick Google search, this seems to be related to Steam. Is this indeed the version you're using? Also, what's your setup (OS version, antivirus, game path etc.)?
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

detourne_me

Thank you Epimethee,
I should've done my own research first.  Looks like its an error that happens with other games that are modded.

As for my setup,
I'm running windows 8.1 pro, wiht Bitdefender, and the Steam version.  although I don't have FFVTTR installed in the normal way, I set it up in a different drive (so i didn't have to take up most of my SDD with meshes and stuff.
My path is D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich
All of the mod shortcuts should be appropriate.
I'll give it another shot to fix it later. Was just wondering if anyone else has received this error.

Epimethee

Only a guess, but it might be related too using a non-default path. Steam does seem to have some issues with those.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

mac402

If it's Steam that's causing the problem maybe (just maybe) running the game through a third party loader that will bypass Steam can help. I remember there was a program called Loader.exe for this, though that was a long time ago.

Ozymandiasveis

Yeah I seem to be having the same problem guys lol