News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Any mods that have both DC and Marvel?

Started by comicstar1002014, May 26, 2015, 06:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

comicstar1002014

I remember a mod from a few years ago called Crisis that had both DC and Marvel characters. I can't seem to find it, does anyone know if its still around or if their are anymore mods that have both DC and Marvel characters?

Amazo Version 2.2

the crisis mod was on the frp2 website, and unfortunately, the website is down. i don't know if there are any plans to host it anywhere else either. i hope so though, since i lost it in my last crash.  :banghead:  i would seriously love to get my hands on it again.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

mac402

I have the Crisis mod (120 Mb + 25 Mb patch). Should I upload it somewhere?

spydermann93

If you don't want to, I can. I too have both the patch and the full release!

I might actually make another addon to the mod.  I love the story and I would love to see some updates to the characters.

mac402

I have mediafire account, it will take about an hour to upload there  <_< . If you have a speedier connection be my guest Spyder.

Btw, for people looking for FRP stuff - some of the content is still available here: www.mediafire.com/frp .

spydermann93

Quote from: mac402 on May 26, 2015, 06:21:33 PM
I have mediafire account, it will take about an hour to upload there  <_< . If you have a speedier connection be my guest Spyder.

Btw, for people looking for FRP stuff - some of the content is still available here: www.mediafire.com/frp .

Hehe, I was going to use MediaFire, too :P

spydermann93

comicstar1002014

Thank you guys so much for uploading. I'm having trouble getting it to run though. I'm playing off the Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich game disc and I have the game installed. I downloaded Crisis and 1.1. I see a Crisis folder in my irrational games folder the crisis icon has no logo. When I try to run it the game says " we cannot find C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\ Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich \ffvt3r.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again."

Cyber Burn

Quote from: comicstar1002014 on May 27, 2015, 03:22:15 AM
Thank you guys so much for uploading. I'm having trouble getting it to run though. I'm playing off the Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich game disc and I have the game installed. I downloaded Crisis and 1.1. I see a Crisis folder in my irrational games folder the crisis icon has no logo. When I try to run it the game says " we cannot find C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\ Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich \ffvt3r.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again."

Does your FFvt3R Game run? Or is it just the Mod you're having trouble with? Also, what version of Windows are you using?

spydermann93

Right-click on the shortcut and click "Properties...". In the "Target" line, replace everything with:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ffvt3r.exe" -game Crisis -log

In the "Start in:" line, replace everything with:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Crisis\..\"

NOTE: Be sure to include the quotation marks! They are important.

Click "Accept" or "Ok", and then you should be good to go!  My guess is that your game is installed in "Program Files (x86)", not "Program Files", so the mod cannot find the executable for the game.

Previsionary

Just chiming in here to say that most of the content that was on frp2 has been backed up. I just havent made it public yet because I havent had time, and I'm double checking stuff. Almost everything will be accessible at some point, so don't worry about losing content on that end.

I'm glad people still enjoy my old content though, and thanks for the story props (though, if I were to remake it today...). Added note: that mod is part of an arching storyline, but the main parts, which all include DC/Marvel blends, are Crisis < Exiles < Ultimate Trio.
Disappear when you least expe--

comicstar100

Quote from: spydermann93 on May 28, 2015, 05:04:41 AM

Right-click on the shortcut and click "Properties...". In the "Target" line, replace everything with:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ffvt3r.exe" -game Crisis -log

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Crisis\..\"

NOTE: Be sure to include the quotation marks! They are important.

Click "Accept" or "Ok", and then you should be good to go!  My guess is that your game is installed in "Program Files (x86)", not "Program Files", so the mod cannot find the executable for the game.
I can't seem to find where to copy paste the target in properties

spydermann93

Right-click on your "ffvt3r.exe" and click "Create Shortcut".

Then modify the shortcut as I had specified above :)

comicstar100

Now it's telling me "the program can't start because sound.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

spydermann93

Did you install Crisis to its own folder?

For example, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Crisis"?

If there is not a mod folder, then you installed the mod incorrectly.  You'll need to reinstall the mod, but you might also need to reinstall the game since the mod might have overwritten a few files.  Just try installing the mod again, and if it still does not run, uninstall the game, delete the "Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich" folder (BE SURE TO UNINSTALL THE GAME, FIRST!!!), and then reinstall the game.

comicstar100

Unfortunately I didn't see your post about not uninstalling the mod until after uninstalling the game. I uninstalled both  :ffvstr: and crisis now when trying to reinstall the game I get this error 

spydermann93

Uninstalling the mod can happen at any time.  So long as you did not delete your game folder before uninstalling the game, you should have been fine.

So, you uninstalled :ffvstr:, correct?  If so, if you still have the game's folder, delete it and then restart your computer.

Try reinstalling the game after you've done that.  I cannot say that this is a working solution, but it's the best idea that I currently have.

Cyber Burn

I would say, the first thing to do, would be to back up your Custom Characters, maybe drop that file into your "Documents" Folder.

Once that's done, make sure that everything else is uninstalled, and if that doesn't work, then delete everything that's left in your "Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich" Folder.

The next step would be to start from scratch.

IMPORTANT: That is just what I would do at this point, but you may want to wait to see if someone else has better advice.

Ninja'd by Spyder.  :ph34r:

comicstar100

I couldn't get the CD install to work so I installed  :ffvstr: on steam. I'm trying to install the mod again. what should I put in the target and start in lines under properties now that I have the game installed on steam rather than the disc?

spydermann93

Did you make sure that you installed FFX 3 to its own folder?

There should be an "ffx3" sub folder.

You should have a folder like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich\ffx3

And for the shortcuts, do this:

In the "Target" line, replace everything with:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich\ffvt3r.exe" -game Crisis -log

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich\Crisis\..\"

comicstar100

ffx doesn't have its own folder, I do have it installed and it does work. Do I need to uninstall it and reinstall it in its own folder before running the mod?

spydermann93

If it works, it works, but typically, its better to have it mod-foldered so if something with the mod goes awry, then you won't have to uninstall your game.

Cyber Burn

MY OPINION ONLY:

At this point though, if your Game is working, I'd be hesitant to un-install FFX. Since it didn't install into it's own folder, then that means that it's overwritten all your files for the main Game. I think un-installing would remove necessary files that you need to run the Game now, and after your previous issues, I'd hate to see you lose the ability to run your Game. But, again, this is my opinion only. I would, however, suggest that you back up your Files before making anymore changes though.

comicstar100

Not sure if the characters are supposed to have voices in the game or just text. Other than that it seems to be running just fine. The Mod is a ton of fun, love that it starts with the Justice Lords invading the main DCU. I am curious is their a way to set an icon to the crisis shortcut so it isn't just blank? Also can I install more than one mod at a time for  :ffvstr:?

spydermann93

Quote from: comicstar100 on June 03, 2015, 06:49:31 AMI am curious is their a way to set an icon to the crisis shortcut so it isn't just blank?

Yes.  If you right-click your shortcut and go to "Properties", you should see a "change Icon..." button.  Click on it (you'll get a pop-up message saying "Can't find icon" or something similar; just ignore it) and navigate to the Crisis folder (or wherever you installed the mod) and you'll find a .ico file that you can use.

Quote from: comicstar100 on June 03, 2015, 06:49:31 AMAlso can I install more than one mod at a time for  :ffvstr:?

Yes.  Most mods install to their own mod-folder, much like FFX3 and Crisis.  You just have to specify which folder you want the mod to be installed in when you are installing the mod.

I don't know how the mods will behave since you installed a mod over your base game folder, but hey, if it works, it works.

Cyber Burn

Just a suggestion though, you might want to make sure that each Mod goes into it's own separate Sub-Folder. That way, you avoid overwriting anything else.

comicstar100

Having an issue with this mod. Once I get to the second mission with the X men the X jet shows up. When I try to enter it enemies show up. After defeating them I'm not able to enter the X jet to finish the mission. Can anyone help?

David

The Crisis series (and I think The Great Hunt mod also)were the only ones that I can think of that come to mind.The first part (14 missions I think)was called The Crisis which features Darkseid and Thanos teaming up to start trouble for both universe's heroes (mostly the JLA/AVENGERS).The second part called The Exiles (8 missions I think) which continues the storyline and has Lex Luthor trying to start a new Injustice League and travels between both earth's dealing with various heroes from both earth's trying to get the Infinity Gems as Thanos and Darkseid merge to become Thanoseid.
The third part called Ultimate trio (3 missions I think) is a sort of tie in that brings the whole series to an ending.It has Mr.Fantastic,Ijnvisible Woman,and the Thing looking for The Human Torch as he mysteriously disappeared during the Crisis.

I found all three of them years ago by chance and made all three fully portable stand alones.DC and Marvel are seriously cracking down on everything,but the links still are good (I hope) for the first part of The Crisis.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oafjww2ntr2fbfn/crisis+v1.exe
http://www.mediafire.com/download/o73zalcvfs10sei/Crisis+1.1.exe

Ill say this though,this may not be the greatest "Crossover" ever,but for what this turned out to be,and the tremendous effort put into it,it's definetly a must have.A really good storyline,plenty of action,and just great to see my favorites from both companies on the screen at the same time working together. Besides,these are the only mods/games I've ever seen that features both super groups together in an actual video game(Yeah,I know,DC vs Marvel Mugen but that's just one on one fighting).In my opinion,if you can find all three parts (or at least the first 2 which contain basically the beginning and ending) grab them fast.

If anyone is interested,let me know how and where I can upload the whole thing and I surely will ASAP!And if interested,the other mods I have collected too.I'd love to contribute to this great site as much as I can,because I've been where you are believe me.
Here's a full list of all the Mods I've collected throughout the years for both FF and FFv3R.Each and everyone of them are fully portable and ready to play right after downloading.
.Aliens vs Predator
.Amazanauts
.Arcade's Revenge
.Avengers-West Coast
.Batman
.B**** Brigade
.Buffy the Vampire Slayer
.Captain America-Legacy
.DC Universe 0-Aquaman
.DC Universe 0-Batman
.DC Universe 0-Hawkman
.DC Universe 0-Martian Manhunter
.DC Universe
.Fantastic Four
.Fantastic Four-Adventure
.Forum Battle Royale #1
.Gaurdians
.Ghostbusters
.H.A.M.S.T.E.R.
.JLA-Dark Intentions
.JLA-Pawns of Darkness(Final Episode #7 Never Released)
.JLA-Yesterday War
.Legion of Superheroes
.Legion of SuperHeroes-Never Ending Darkness
.Liberty Bay
.Marvel Adventures
.Marvel Knights
.Marvel Super Action
.Powerman & Iron-Fist
.Pulp Fiction
.Suicide Squad
.Super Powers
.TMNT