News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Any mods that have both DC and Marvel?

Started by comicstar1002014, May 26, 2015, 06:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Previsionary

Heh. I'm always shocked when Crisis/Exiles/Ultimate Trio are brought up and are explained. :)
Disappear when you least expe--

detourne_me

Quote from: Previsionary on September 19, 2016, 03:21:29 AM
Heh. I'm always shocked when Crisis/Exiles/Ultimate Trio are brought up and are explained. :)

Hey Prev! Long time, no see!

Incredible Bulk

Will installing mods overwrite your custom characters?
Sith Prime

spydermann93

Nope! Mods are completely independent of your custom heroes.

One weird thing that might happen is trying to view a character if they have the same name as a built-in character's name in FFEdit in the Rumble Room, but that's it. You can still play the character in campaigns and skirmishes just fine.

For example, say you have "Batman" and there's a built-in "Batman". Sometimes when viewing your Batman, it might show the built-in Batman.  But if the built-in Batman's name in FFEdit is "dc_batman", then you won't get that error.

Incredible Bulk

Perfect thank you, I don't have to install FFX over the mod if I already have in for my :ffvstr:?
Sith Prime

spydermann93

Quote from: Incredible Bulk on September 30, 2016, 12:45:59 AM
Perfect thank you, I don't have to install FFX over the mod if I already have in for my :ffvstr:?

The mod should install to its own directory within your :ffvstr: folder (much like FFX3 did). When installing, I think the installation directory should end with "Crisis". You could always just add that to the end just to be safe, and if you didn't need it, move the data files into the Crisis folder.

Also, be warned that your characters may not behave properly in the mod if they have attributes that are exclusive to your version of ffx3.  If you haven't added any attributes or anything like that, then you should be fine.  Crisis uses I think FFX3.3, but I don't quite remember which version exactly.

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

crosspotts1.0

Quote from: David on September 16, 2016, 07:41:32 AM
The Crisis series (and I think The Great Hunt mod also)were the only ones that I can think of that come to mind.The first part (14 missions I think)was called The Crisis which features Darkseid and Thanos teaming up to start trouble for both universe's heroes (mostly the JLA/AVENGERS).The second part called The Exiles (8 missions I think) which continues the storyline and has Lex Luthor trying to start a new Injustice League and travels between both earth's dealing with various heroes from both earth's trying to get the Infinity Gems as Thanos and Darkseid merge to become Thanoseid.
The third part called Ultimate trio (3 missions I think) is a sort of tie in that brings the whole series to an ending.It has Mr.Fantastic,Ijnvisible Woman,and the Thing looking for The Human Torch as he mysteriously disappeared during the Crisis.

I found all three of them years ago by chance and made all three fully portable stand alones.DC and Marvel are seriously cracking down on everything,but the links still are good (I hope) for the first part of The Crisis.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oafjww2ntr2fbfn/crisis+v1.exe
http://www.mediafire.com/download/o73zalcvfs10sei/Crisis+1.1.exe

Ill say this though,this may not be the greatest "Crossover" ever,but for what this turned out to be,and the tremendous effort put into it,it's definetly a must have.A really good storyline,plenty of action,and just great to see my favorites from both companies on the screen at the same time working together. Besides,these are the only mods/games I've ever seen that features both super groups together in an actual video game(Yeah,I know,DC vs Marvel Mugen but that's just one on one fighting).In my opinion,if you can find all three parts (or at least the first 2 which contain basically the beginning and ending) grab them fast.

If anyone is interested,let me know how and where I can upload the whole thing and I surely will ASAP!And if interested,the other mods I have collected too.I'd love to contribute to this great site as much as I can,because I've been where you are believe me.
Here's a full list of all the Mods I've collected throughout the years for both FF and FFv3R.Each and everyone of them are fully portable and ready to play right after downloading.
.Aliens vs Predator
.Amazanauts
.Arcade's Revenge
.Avengers-West Coast
.Batman
.B**** Brigade
.Buffy the Vampire Slayer
.Captain America-Legacy
.DC Universe 0-Aquaman
.DC Universe 0-Batman
.DC Universe 0-Hawkman
.DC Universe 0-Martian Manhunter
.DC Universe
.Fantastic Four
.Fantastic Four-Adventure
.Forum Battle Royale #1
.Gaurdians
.Ghostbusters
.H.A.M.S.T.E.R.
.JLA-Dark Intentions
.JLA-Pawns of Darkness(Final Episode #7 Never Released)
.JLA-Yesterday War
.Legion of Superheroes
.Legion of SuperHeroes-Never Ending Darkness
.Liberty Bay
.Marvel Adventures
.Marvel Knights
.Marvel Super Action
.Powerman & Iron-Fist
.Pulp Fiction
.Suicide Squad
.Super Powers
.TMNT
.The Batman Family
.The Crisis Trilogy
.The Great Hunt
.The Matrix Trilogy
.The Mighty Avengers
.The New Teen Titans
.The Strangers
.Transformers
.Wolverine
.World's Finest
.X-Com
.X-Men
.X-Men-Classic
.X-Men-Frankenstein's Monster
.X-Men-No Lost Cause
.X-Men-Unlimited

if u could im looking for theas iv been on countless sites but cant get links to work
.Aliens vs Predator
.Avengers-West Coast
.Batman
.B**** Brigade
.Buffy the Vampire Slayer
.Captain America-Legacy
.DC Universe 0-Aquaman
.DC Universe 0-Batman
.DC Universe 0-Hawkman
.DC Universe 0-Martian Manhunter
.DC Universe
.Fantastic Four
.Fantastic Four-Adventure
.Forum Battle Royale #1
.Gaurdians
.Ghostbusters
.H.A.M.S.T.E.R.
.JLA-Dark Intentions
.JLA-Pawns of Darkness(Final Episode #7 Never Released)
.JLA-Yesterday War
.Legion of Superheroes
.Legion of SuperHeroes-Never Ending Darkness .Marvel Knights
.Marvel Super Action
.Powerman & Iron-Fist.
The Batman Family
.The Crisis Trilogy
.The Great Hunt
.The Matrix Trilogy
.The Mighty Avengers
.The New Teen Titans
.The Strangers
.Transformers
.Wolverine
.World's Finest
.X-Com
.X-Men
.X-Men-Classic
.X-Men-Frankenstein's Monster
.X-Men-No Lost Cause
.X-Men-Unlimited

Previsionary

Crosspot, a lot of those mods can be found here:

FFvTTR mods: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/eh32qo5dg129f/Mods_-_FFv3R

and here:

FF1 mods: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/62wc3cji2dbpl/Mods-FF1

The DC Universe mods sounds like Benton's stuff, which is here: https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/mods/

A lot of the links in the comprehensive list of mods thread I compiled years ago are dead, but many still work.
Disappear when you least expe--

crosspotts1.0

im sory im just found that link i do have a qustion the avengers special for  :ff: i cant play i get an update it says alert init render for it and for xmen danger room too i dont know how to fix this also is there a way to fix the blade mod and arcades revenge the ground is black and i cant have my chars to move :(

BentonGrey

Pervisionary, who is this stranger?  He sure sounds like a loser.

Hey Prev, good to see you on the forums!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: spydermann93 on May 28, 2015, 05:04:41 AM
Quote from: comicstar1002014 on May 27, 2015, 03:22:15 AM
Thank you guys so much for uploading. I'm having trouble getting it to run though. I'm playing off the Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich game disc and I have the game installed. I downloaded Crisis and 1.1. I see a Crisis folder in my irrational games folder the crisis icon has no logo. When I try to run it the game says " we cannot find C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\ Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich \ffvt3r.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again."

Right-click on the shortcut and click "Properties...". In the "Target" line, replace everything with:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ffvt3r.exe" -game Crisis -log

In the "Start in:" line, replace everything with:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Crisis\..\"

NOTE: Be sure to include the quotation marks! They are important.

Click "Accept" or "Ok", and then you should be good to go!  My guess is that your game is installed in "Program Files (x86)", not "Program Files", so the mod cannot find the executable for the game.

i followed these instructions but when i hit apply it tells me that i have been "denied" the changes. Mine is on Steam
and my crisis folder is inside mt FFX folder so should it read

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ffx3\crisis\ffvt3r.exe" -game Crisis -log" ? and the Target?
Sith Prime

spydermann93

The target line should be:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ffx3\crisis\ffvt3r.exe" -game Crisis -log

I noticed that you had an extra " at the end of your line. Make sure that it looks EXACTLY like the above line.

Start in should be:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ffx3\Crisis\..\"

Also, make sure that you're modifying a shortcut as an Admin. That might be the explanation behind the "Denied" message.

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ffx3\Crisis\..\"

on this one i get a message not valid make sure folder exist and the path is correct

correction on both it says the same thing really weird- to make sure that the path and file name are correct (which they are correct named)
Sith Prime

spydermann93

Are you sure that's the proper directory for your Crisis mod?

I saw that you had "ffx3" in there, but I assumed that was where you installed your Crisis mod.

The path typically looks like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Crisis\..\"

Incredible Bulk

Yes my crisis folder is inside FFx3 so should I move it out from
There?
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

move them out og the FFX3 folder to the base game section and did this

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\crisis\ffvt3r.exe" -game Crisis -log

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Crisis\..\"

and still gave me the same message
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

seems to be with every single mod i tried
Sith Prime

spydermann93

Hmmm... that's really strange. Can you post a screenshot of your :ffvstr: folder?

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

spydermann93

You can upload it to any image hosting site. Once you do that, there should be a url leading to the image.

When posting here, just click the little Mona Lisa icon (says "Insert Image" when you hover over it) and paste the link to the image between the [img] tags.

BentonGrey

If you have a modern version of Windows, you might not have access to your files, even if you are the admin on your computer.  I know I had to 'claim ownership' of my FF files in order to edit them and such.  It could be that, at least from your mention of 'denied' in the message.  If you right click on the folder, click "Properties," and then look under the "Secruity" tab, does your account have access to those files?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: BentonGrey on November 04, 2018, 04:46:31 AM
If you have a modern version of Windows, you might not have access to your files, even if you are the admin on your computer.  I know I had to 'claim ownership' of my FF files in order to edit them and such.  It could be that, at least from your mention of 'denied' in the message.  If you right click on the folder, click "Properties," and then look under the "Secruity" tab, does your account have access to those files?
how does one "claim ownership"?
Sith Prime

spydermann93

Whoops! I made a mistake when telling you what needs to be entered in the shortcut :doh:

Target:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ffvt3r.exe" -game Crisis -log

Start in:

Accidentally had you point to crisis\ffvt3r.exe, not just ffvt3r.exe. Since the exe exists in your :ffvstr: folder and not in your Crisis folder, it's no wonder why your computer couldn't find the right file.

That should work assuming everything is set correctly.

My bad :doh:

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: spydermann93 on November 04, 2018, 05:07:14 AM
Whoops! I made a mistake when telling you what needs to be entered in the shortcut :doh:

Target:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ffvt3r.exe" -game Crisis -log

Start in:

Accidentally had you point to crisis\ffvt3r.exe, not just ffvt3r.exe. Since the exe exists in your :ffvstr: folder and not in your Crisis folder, it's no wonder why your computer couldn't find the right file.

That should work assuming everything is set correctly.

My bad :doh:
ok did it still getting these two messages

Sith Prime

spydermann93

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime