Links to Marvel/DC Character Descriptions

Started by Shogunn2517, May 27, 2015, 03:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shogunn2517

Has anyone ever thought about making(and perhaps sticking) a thread about where people can go look up individual character profiles and power descriptions?  I know each of us always wonder about certain abilities of a given character we search across the internet for sites that give descriptions.  I don't propose to have a list of them all, but the ones I've often used to build my hero files I'll list.  Anyone have any others to add?

www.wikipedia.com
www.marvel.wikia.com
www.dc.wikia.com
www.rapsheet.co.uk
www.marveldirectory.com
www.classicmarvelforever.com/cast_list/all.htm

Any others?

Cyber Burn

I think I have a list in my Freedom Force Resources Yahoo Group. In the Character References, I think.

spydermann93

Ben Reily's RPG Site is great, especially in tandem with Taskmaster's RPG to FF conversion formula:

Marvel
DC
DC (nu52)
Other

Shogunn2517

That's pretty excellent spydermann.  I've been to that site before, however for whatever reason could never find it again.  It's REALLY good.  Good find.  Thanks!

spydermann93

No problem, Shogunn!

I'm always glad to help! ^_^

Podmark

Comic Vine is my go to site, especially for reference images.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

spydermann93

I sometimes use Comic Vine to try and see if character X can beat character Y, but I soon realized that almost every battle on the site is between 'Bloodlusted' and 'Morals off' characters, so the battles usually end up being "Nuh uhhh" and "yuh huhh!" :P

Battles of the Week threads were cool, though.  Lot's of really cool match-ups.

SickAlice

Quote from: Podmark on May 30, 2015, 05:53:55 PM
Comic Vine is my go to site, especially for reference images.

For everybody. Their uploaders are pretty rabid (I used to be actually though I disbanded in favor of marvelwiki, they need more help imo. CV is managed well enough) and they end up putting up scans of every angle of most characters. That site is the go to for cosplayers for that reason.

For base heros I usually go to the wikis since they have power grids and cohesive run downs of the characters powers, abilities, and gear. Then again I suck at making heros. Actually I used to rely on yours. Do you still make those? I also thought you used to release py scripts or am I thinking of someone else? I swear I had some real useful scripts you made for Nate Grey and Racheal at some points. If it was you and you still have those scripts I'd love to have them again (I'm one of those people that lost my whole collection at one point and rebuilt).

Podmark

Quote from: SickAlice on May 31, 2015, 03:11:33 PM
For base heros I usually go to the wikis since they have power grids and cohesive run downs of the characters powers, abilities, and gear. Then again I suck at making heros. Actually I used to rely on yours. Do you still make those? I also thought you used to release py scripts or am I thinking of someone else? I swear I had some real useful scripts you made for Nate Grey and Racheal at some points. If it was you and you still have those scripts I'd love to have them again (I'm one of those people that lost my whole collection at one point and rebuilt).

Yeah I used to release hero files with each of my skins, and they would have included at least basic py files where applicable. Haven't done so in years though, I rarely play the game (though the FF playing bug has been growing recently) skinning is more of an art/collecting thing for me these days.

Not sure if I did ones for Rachel or Nate, but I have done skins for both characters.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page