Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Yuan

So this was released yesterday: Fallout 4 trailer
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

captmorgan72

Well? Is anyone playing this? I've been hearing about bad graphics and low rez textures. Any of that true?

spydermann93

I'm not playing it, but two of my roommates are (both on XBox One, mind you), and I think the game looks absolutely fantastic!

Honestly, if graphics are what you're looking for, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Even if you don't like the graphics, everything else like the game-play, the combat, and the sheer amount of content will keep you entertained for a long time.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Computers that don't cost as much as a small car can run it, so according to some that means it has bad graphics.

It uses the Skyrim engine if that helps, and I think Skyrim looks quite nice.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

JeyNyce

I should be getting my copy for the PC today.  From what I'm hearing, it's a good game and like Skyrim, you will get loss doing all the side quests.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

BigAl1775

Been playing for a week now on PC. My card isn't too strong (Radeon 7750HD), so it runs on "medium" settings. The graphics are what you would expect from a newer gen of Fallout. Explosions are very pretty, rain collects on the screen if you are in power armor, all-in-all a nice looking game. If you are having trouble scrapping together the supplies you need to build that mortar cannon, try here
Spoiler
Running into an issue with saves on Windows 10, have to have admin mode to save anything.....my horror was when I found out after 3 hours of tedious side quests that NOTHING WAS SAVED......
Dreadlok-Officer of Freedom Reborn on DCUO (PC)
              -Founder of Freedom Reborn on Marvel:Contest of Champions (tablet)

Cyber Burn

Sorry for the Necropost, but my Nephew is asking about Game Mods for the PC version of F4 (On the Disk). Unfortunately, I've never played it, but how do you say "NO" to your Nephew? Is this Game Moddable? Are there Mod Tools that he could Download? Or a Community I could check out for him? Any advice/information would be well above awesome. Thanks guys.  :thumbup:

spydermann93

I don't know the specifics, but yes, the game is extremely moddable. I'm not sure about dedicated modding tools for the game (I think there's something called the "Creation Kit"), but there is certainly a lot of support online, probably on the Bethesda forums.

Go here for some support: https://bethesda.net/community/category/14/fallout-4

Cyber Burn

Once again Spyder, you Rock!  :thumbup:  Thank you!  :D

UnkoMan

I used to play Fallout 3 and Skyrim quite a bit.
Got all my mods from Nexus.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/?

They had very easy to use mod manager, and simple resources to keep your game from crashing.
I have never beaten either game... There's so much content.