News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

distorto: bullseye wip

Started by Distorto, June 21, 2015, 05:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Distorto

I'm hoping posting this wip will help me finish it. I'm really bad about not finishing things... I might be able to hold myself accountable this way

Cyber Burn

Hi Distorto, welcome to the Boards (Sorry for the late intro). As much as I'd like to give some constructive criticism on this, it's kind of difficult to see what's what from the angle it's at.  Could you please try posting pics from different angles, or even an unwrapped version? Good luck in getting this finished. Does this mean that we will see some Skins from you as well?

Distorto

update

\

Increased the muscle tone on the rectus abdominis, started on the legs. Not sure how much muscle I want to show through though. I'd like to keep it fairly realistic for 2 reasons: the polycount is pretty low in the game so I don't see the point in including so much detail when it's so difficult to create a convincing illusion of depth using only texture. thats actually only one reason

I'd like to thank cyberburn for all of his support in this big project also I'd like to thank the academy

Quote from: Cyber Burn on June 24, 2015, 06:05:08 PM
Hi Distorto, welcome to the Boards (Sorry for the late intro). As much as I'd like to give some constructive criticism on this, it's kind of difficult to see what's what from the angle it's at.  Could you please try posting pics from different angles, or even an unwrapped version? Good luck in getting this finished. Does this mean that we will see some Skins from you as well?

Honestly, probably not

daglob

C'mon, you know there is somebody you just have to skin...

Take your time. We can wait...

Distorto

Maybe a quick batman skin, I am a huge batman fan

deanjo2000

Quote from: Distorto on July 01, 2015, 02:59:18 PM

Clearly not seeing as thats daredevil, not batman :D
Only joking i know you know that really.
I for one would like to see some stuff from you :thumbup:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

Distorto

Does anyone know how to fix the circled pink issues?

Also does anyone have this Clayface mesh:

Also in game is has like white stuff on daredevil what is up with that

Cyber Burn

Texas Jack's "Clayface" Mesh can be found here: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/TexasJackMeshes/info

As for "DareDevil", are you familiar with NifSkope? If so, a simple body swap with a more muscular "TF" Mesh will help fix that. If you're not, you could PM me an E-Mail address, and I could send you the one that I switched out. While not 100% perfect, you really have to look to see any thing.

Also, I have to say that "DareDevil" is coming along quite nicely. Personally, I like using random Skins in-game, so the more Characters I see, the happier I am.  :D

spydermann93

Quote from: deanjo2000 on July 01, 2015, 03:55:21 PMClearly not seeing as thats daredevil, not batman :D
Only joking i know you know that really.
I for one would like to see some stuff from you :thumbup:

Nah, man! That's totally Batman. Are you blind?

:cool:

:lol:

Cyber Burn

I'm really sorry, I meant to have mentioned this sooner, but if you start using TommyBoy's "TF" type Meshes, then the you can recycle pieces of your Skins if you need to (A major time saver). All three of the following Meshes, which come with his "TvLite_Fingers" Mesh, are all mapped the same.

tom_basic_fingers
tom_basic_new_thin
tom_basic_new_musc

Distorto

Another update. I just wanted to show off Cyber Burn's Awesome skoping job. I also restarted the skin. I'm hoping I can get some animations changed on it somehow and maybe even make some effects too.

Cyber Burn

Skin's looking good, and as for Keyframes, depending on what you have in mind, M25's "Keyframe Transfer" Tool which is located here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ozeidrc2krhyds3/M25_Mod_Tools.7z

may be helpful.

Distorto

Quote from: Cyber Burn on July 03, 2015, 03:24:56 AM
Skin's looking good, and as for Keyframes, depending on what you have in mind, M25's "Keyframe Transfer" Tool which is located here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ozeidrc2krhyds3/M25_Mod_Tools.7z

may be helpful.

It's pretty much done, but I don't plan on releasing it until I get the keyframes figured out and maybe some effects. I tried the keyframe transfer tool, and I wasn't able to get it working properly. When I transferred the animation over and saved it, I reloaded the character tool and found that the keyframe that I transfered over didn't stick.  Besides that, It's finished. (And maybe a little cleaning up)

spydermann93

Quote from: Distorto on July 03, 2015, 09:55:55 PMI tried the keyframe transfer tool, and I wasn't able to get it working properly. When I transferred the animation over and saved it, I reloaded the character tool and found that the keyframe that I transfered over didn't stick.  Besides that, It's finished. (And maybe a little cleaning up)

That usually means that the keyframe isn't compatible.  You have to move the proper bones from one mesh to another, but I don't know how to determine which bones are needed for the keyframe to work.

That's above my talents :P

Cyber Burn

I don't know if I currently have a Tutorial for that one. As for doing it myself, I could add it to my list, but I have no idea as to when I would actually get around to it. I wish I could give you a better answer, but between overcommitting myself here, and making too many commitments in real life, I'm quite a bit beyond being swamped right now.

Distorto

Officially done!  I added some recolors too as well as a Pre-Daredevil variant. I also was able to delete the default idle stance, and change it to the one seen here. (As I feel it adds a feel of uniqueness (At least for me) ) But I can't seem to transfer keyframes. I can't even transfer keyframes from its own keyframes.
I'd like a couple of animations to be changed! I'd be ecstatic if anyone would want to volunteer!

Also if someone could take a look at the skin for me (I'd send the skin to whoever volunteers). For some reason the textures are all mismatched and some appear white ingame.

Tomato

is it white ingame or just white on the character creation screen? Some skins work fine ingame, even if they glitch in the character creator.

That said, if it is white ingame, your likely culprit is that you're missing necessary tga files. I'd have to look at the nif to give you an exact answer, but I'm guessing you need the glow and refl textures for your extras. Either that, or you're missing the lightmap.

spydermann93

The texture-less belt definitely tells me that you're missing a _refl, _glow, and/or a _lightmap file in your skins folder.

Distorto

Thanks guys! I got them working now, they were missing a lightmap and a refl. I added some more skins:

spydermann93

Very nice work, Distorto!

Which mesh is this skin for, or is this a skope created by you?

Cyber Burn

I have to say that I'm really impressed by this, especially considering it's your first public showing here. I've always wanted to Skin "Daredevil", but just never found the time to do so. I'm really happy to see that you've done here, and even more happy that you've done all these wonderful alternate Skins.

Fantastic work Distorto, I definitely hope to see more!

On a side note, I believe that you had mentioned that you had wanted to make FX for your Characters. I don't know of many Tutorials for making FX with NifSkope, but I do know that you could find one here:

http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/pages/workbench.html

And if you run into issues while making your FX, always feel free to ask questions.  :thumbup:

Distorto

Quote from: spydermann93 on July 04, 2015, 04:44:36 PM

This is a skope I think, Cyberburn was nice enough to hook me up with it. It's a tf mesh or something. According to the readme his thing came with:

Base Mesh: Daredevil_TvLite by TommyBoy

Tom_Basic_New_Musc: TvLite_Fingers by Tommyboy

Keyframes (Included): Daredevil_TvLite by TommyBoy

Not sure what it all means but yeah.

Quote from: Cyber Burn on July 04, 2015, 06:10:17 PM
I have to say that I'm really impressed by this, especially considering it's your first public showing here. I've always wanted to Skin "Daredevil", but just never found the time to do so. I'm really happy to see that you've done here, and even more happy that you've done all these wonderful alternate Skins.

Fantastic work Distorto, I definitely hope to see more!

On a side note, I believe that you had mentioned that you had wanted to make FX for your Characters. I don't know of many Tutorials for making FX with NifSkope, but I do know that you could find one here:

http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/pages/workbench.html

And if you run into issues while making your FX, always feel free to ask questions.  :thumbup:

Thanks again! I'll be sure to give the fx stuff a whirl. But, I'm definitely interested in getting these keyframes for daredevil fixed so I can release it.

On a different note:

Cyber Burn

Quote from: spydermann93 on July 04, 2015, 04:44:36 PM

Hey Spyder, I don't want to threadjack here, so I'll keep this short and sweet. This was a very quick Skope, with it being pretty much just a body swap. I removed the body that came with the "Daredevil_TvLite" Mesh and replaced it with the "Tom_Basic_New_Musc" that came with the "TvLite_Fingers" Mesh by Tommyboy. Then I condensed all the remaining pieces onto a single Art File to condense the File size.

Quote from: Distorto on July 04, 2015, 11:24:12 PM
But, I'm definitely interested in getting these keyframes for daredevil fixed so I can release it.

Keyframes aren't really my strong point (Understatement), but since I would really like to see that "Daredevil" get released, send me a PM with what you want/need, and if it's within my Skill Level, then then I'll do what I can to help you out.

Quote from: Distorto on July 04, 2015, 11:24:12 PM
On a different note:

Considering that it looks like you're Skinning these from Scratch, I have to say that I am really impressed. Looking at your finished "Daredevil" Skins, I think your style fits into the Freedom Force Universe quite well.

Distorto

Wolverine update. Nearly finished.

Edit:

I thought this was too cool not to post:

What I did was looked up batman's height: 6'2" and then copy and pasted the wolverine mesh on top of it in nifskope. And then I took a screenshot of that, cropped the screenshot to batman's height and noted the height of batman in pixels. And then
I looked up wolverines height and then made a proportion or whatever.

6'2" = 74 inches
Screenshot of batman's height in pixels: 391 pixels

74 inches/391 pixels = x/63 inches

And then did the math and found that wolverine in comparison would be 345 pixels tall. So 345/391 is about 0.88, so I scaled the z axis of the wolverine mesh to 0.88, so now it should be correct (at least in comparison to batman_aa)

daglob

Quote from: Distorto on July 01, 2015, 02:59:18 PM

Proof that it is Batman:

http://bigglee.blogspot.com/2011_04_01_archive.html

It's about 3/4 of the way down. Nice Wolverine, by the way.

spydermann93

BentonGrey

Hey Distorto, nice work!  You're really coming along.  I really like the neat tone you've got on your skins...I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is sort of a unique, almost cell-shaded quality to them.  It looks really cool! 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

AfghanAnt

Your skins are so interesting to look at. I really like your style.

Amazo Version 2.2

seriously sweet daredevil set, wolverine looks pretty good too. it's always awesome to see what kinds of stuff different people are working on. these kinds of previews really make my day.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Distorto

I ended up redoing the Daredevil skin! Cyber Burn has done a great job with the skope.  It has some areas that I just noticed in the pictures that I need to clean up.