News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Lightening Dark Okject NIFs

Started by yell0w_lantern, July 04, 2015, 07:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yell0w_lantern

I know I can use NIFskope to increase the emissive value on the original FF objects like buildings but some of the damaged versions require quite a bit of time.  Are there any NIFskope scripts to automate the process or can EZNIF Convert be used?
Yellow Lantern smash!

Cyber Burn

While I've never messed with Buildings before, I would assume that EZNifConvert would fix the lighting on them, same as it would a regular Mesh Object.

But like I said, this isn't something that I've messed with before, so I could be wrong, in which case, hopefully someone with a little more knowledge on the subject will chime in.

yell0w_lantern

Oh, I'm aware of that option in EZNIF Convert.  But does it work properly for objects or does it break the NIF?  Objects use a different exporter in Max than characters do.
Yellow Lantern smash!

Cyber Burn

Sorry YL, I think I'm out of my depth here. Hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge can answer your questions here.

daglob

I know that under the materials block in Nifscope you can change the emitted light and color of some objects, but I don't know if that is what you want.I used it to change the color of one of an aura once.

SickAlice

It does break them sometimes for FFVTTR. If you want to do it manually in Nifskope the standard lightened color values are as follows:

(selecting the models NiMaterialProperty and opening the Block Details window)

Both Ambient and Diffuse Colors: 1.000 (ff/solid white) all values
Specular Color: 0.900 (e5/light grey) all values. It will almost always be set to this already of course.
Emissive Color: 0.235 (3b/dark grey) all values. Usually this will be pitch black (00) instead.

* Note: You can only use newer versions of Nifskope for this (black background). Older versions (grey background) will break the object when you save it.

Hope that helps.