News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Marvel Future Fight

Started by Glitch Girl, July 09, 2015, 03:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glitch Girl

yeah Detourne, if you see someone like that, go ahead. 

SickAlice: While it is a free mobile game, except for the initial DL, it doesn't seem to take up much in the way of bandwidth.  If you do try it, let us know so we can be sure to get you into the Alliance.

I think I have temporarily hit the wall in the story missions.  Chapter 8.4 has 3 level 44 bosses (Ghost Rider, Punisher, and Blade) and they are kicking my keister.  [sigh].  Trying to get my team up to  5 star but it goes veeerrrrrry slow.  Darn you level caps!
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Outcast

There seems to be a new update. With 3 new characters added. She-Hulk, Singularity?, and Sister Grimm? ( I've seen pics of a female version of Captain America, Secret Wars costumes for Spidey and other characters? and a few others i don't recognize.)

Haven't really tried it out, since downloading the update right now is VERY SLOOOOW... :doh:

JeyNyce

Tried it last night, it's good.  A bunch of us was talking to each other via the chat box they had.  All I want is She-Hulk and I'll be happy.  The Secret Wars area was added and it's ok.  You get to challenge 5 of your heroes with other people.  It's totally random so there are times you will fight people more powerful than you and it cost 10 energy points each fight.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

JeyNyce

SickAlice

Sorry I missed that, things have been a mess here lately. Thanks for the invite, that makes me smile. As a matter of logistics though I probably won't be doing any online gaming anytime soon as my schedule is getting less cumbersome. I still like to keep up though either way as well, those models. And I do mean the ones in the link JeyNyce just dropped off and I mean even more that 1602 Angela, whoo!

Outcast

Just curious as to why they don't have X-men / Fantastic Four characters in this game. I think that would make the game feel more complete.

I'm guessing it could have something to do with Marvel giving movie rights? to other companies? So they can't use them in their cinematic universe theme here? But couldn't they just use the comic versions of these characters instead?

I just saw that Marvel Contest of Champions have some Xmen characters there and also Deadpool. So maybe they could do the same in future updates?

detourne_me

Contest of Champions had been in the works for a few years, so they were able to get X-Men rights before the Disney ban (not official, but it is siege tactics to try and starve out the ip rights). Neither game will get F4 characters until the film rights go back to Marvel, I believe. Heck, in the big Secret Wars update, they didn't even add Doom!

It looks like Future Fight wants to follow the cinematic universe really closely. I know people on reddit have gone digging to see what the next updates will be, but I expect we won't see Doctor Strange until the movie comes out.

Outcast

I see. So Contest of Champions is an older game. :P

It's really too bad. I just don't quite understand why giving film rights would also entail giving up rights to make games for the characters. I feel they might as well not make comics for those characters too. :P :wacko: I mean if they can still create comics for them why not continue making games for them as well. What's the point in prohibiting them from making games? Unless of course those companies who bought the movie rights plan on making games for the said characters.

Eh, Marvel must have made a lot of money from selling the movie/game rights to other companies. :doh: :wacko:

Tomato

I'm not sure they're even doing comics, at least not for the FF. There were even talks of splitting the xmen comics to their own separate universe. It's all being done to spite fox, who haven't been playing ball with marvel the way Sony has with the spiderman rights.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Marvel still has the game rights, I'm pretty sure.  At this point it's become clear that Fox is trying to build their own competing movie universe using the X-men characters and are pretty much never going to give that up.  In other words, they are competing against their own characters being used against them. Since they've essentially lost those characters, and promoting them promotes their competition, they have no reason whatsoever to do so and every reason to make sure those characters are not promoted at all.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Outcast

Hmm. I didn't know that about Fox. Not sure how/what Fox is doing to compete against Marvel or using those characters against them.

I guess i just don't see it the way they do yet (Or i don't know the whole story/all the details yet).

But i would think that by using their characters to make great movies even if it's made by other companies, it's still kinda promoting their company (Marvel) as well as their comics. And it's not like people will not watch an Avengers movie after watching an Xmen movie. Wouldn't it benefit them as well if their characters are loved by more people around the world with the help of these movies?

If it was a new comic company without any means of making their own movies, i would think they would gladly let well known movie companies try and make a blockbuster movie out of their comic characters. They would want the movie to succeed rather than the other way around.

On the other hand, if the movie made tons of money,and they begin wanting to get a fair share of the profits and they're not getting any...they might not want other people milking profits out of their characters i guess. (They did sell the license/rights? to make movies though so..)

Edited to add:

Did a quick search on Google (links inside spoiler for those interested) and...starting to understand the situation a little better.

Spoiler

Just like Tomato said. It seems Fantastic Four has disbanded? And their comics discontinued..  :doh:

Sorry for my ignorance and if my post is a bit off-topic. :mellow:

JeyNyce

How is everybody liking the Secret Wars so far?  Has anybody got any of the new characters or outfits yet?

Outcast

I just tried to play Secret Wars, and it seems i can only use characters that have 3 to 6 stars. I've got only 3 characters at the moment that have 3 stars. There is a maximum of 5 slots available. That means i think i would need 2 more characters if i want to have a chance at winning at that game. So i didn't try to push my luck. :P

I've gotten only 1 of the new characters, Singularity. Thanks to a recent daily check in event celebrating 20 million agents online? Because of that i've also received 1,000 crystals out of the 2,000 crystals promised by the end of 7 days. Which in turn gives me enough to buy 1 package at least. :cool:

Still can't decide though.

There's the A-Force package which will give me access to all 3 new characters (She Hulk, Sister Grim, Singularity). Combined with the daily check in event, i would also get a 3 star Singularity maybe? Or she'll probably still be 2 stars. :doh:

There's  the Armor Wars package which offers Iron Man, Kingpin , and War Machine. I don't have Kingpin yet. But i already have my Iron Man at 3stars and War Machine at 2stars. I think this would enable me to have my Iron Man reach 4stars and War Machine would have 3stars.

Third, there's In the Name of the King package which offers Thor, Black Panther, and Black Bolt. Here, i would gain 2 new characters (Thor and Black Panther), plus increase my Black Bolt to at least 3stars.

Yeah, looking at those 3 packages and trying to decide. I've got less than 24hrs to decide before the offer on these packages will be gone. :wacko:

JeyNyce

I was short on crystals, so I broke down and spent $5 to get enough to buy the A-Force pack.  I love She-Hulk that much.  I already have her at 2 stars and 1 master and at level 31.  She-Hulk, Spidey and Black Panther are going to be my B team.

Outcast

As much as i was REALLY tempted to get the A-Force pack. I ended up using my free crystals to buy the IN THE NAME OF THE KING package.

The A-Force package would probably only give three 2-star heroes or maybe 1 3-star hero (Singularity).

While the KING Package, would give me two 3-star heroes. Which i would need if i ever wanted to try Secret Wars. So i ended up choosing this one. Not that bad considering these heroes have good team setups with my high level heroes as well. :)

JeyNyce

JeyNyce

Glitch Girl

Sweet.  And just as I finally "got 'em all" too  ;)

Will Bobbi Morse be a skin for Mockingbird?  The rest look to be original characters. 

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

detourne_me

Wow! Pod! I never knew you were so hardcore! :P

JeyNyce

How are you guys enjoying the update?  It started out buggy but then they fixed it.  I was wondering, how do you trade in your ticket for heroes?  After the update I got Quake & 20 bios towards Phil Coulson, but still had all of my tickets.  I want to trade them in to get Coulson.

Glitch Girl

My trades happened automatically: I got 40 of Quake and Phil with a few tickets left over since I was over the limit. 

(BTW: Whoot!  Level 8 Alliance!)

I am a little disappointed that there is no playable Melinda May.  She can be summoned by Phil to act as a temporary ally, but that's it.  :(

Haven't tried out the new chapters since I'm still in chapter 8 (finally go some 5 star characters so I'm leveling them a bit before I tackle it from where I left off) so I won't be able to try the rest of the new characters for a while.  At least they're not paywalled, which is good.

I do like the merging of Elite and Daily missions into Story missions.  More efficient.  I also like the alliance battle so far.  We're doing decent too (top 25%).  Aside from the initial update download wait, I have had no problems with the new update.  They seems to have fixed a bug which kept Podmark and Distorto from showing XP on the ally board (hence the huge jump I guess, either that or it's a new bug). 

And quick question: does ANYONE  have a completed cover?  Just trying to gauge how possible/impossible it is.

-Glitch Girl

Podmark

Quote from: detourne_me on October 07, 2015, 07:23:17 AM
Wow! Pod! I never knew you were so hardcore! :P

Quote from: Glitch Girl on October 07, 2015, 02:58:18 PM
They seems to have fixed a bug which kept Podmark and Distorto from showing XP on the ally board (hence the huge jump I guess, either that or it's a new bug). 

Considering I haven't played in a month that is pretty impressive  :cool:
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Outcast

There's a new Halloween update. 3 new characters , new costumes, and a halloween special event for a chance to gain biometrics of the new characters. :cool:

Who/what did you choose to get first? I'm just a free-to-play player, so i can't get them all at the same time. :wacko:

I chose to get Elsa Bloodstone first. :)

detourne_me

I got Elsa first too, then Warwolf, and just unlocked Lash.... I can get about 200 Halloween tickets a day with chapter 1 and 2. I don't have any 6 stars, so I can't play the third part.
I suggest getting the 5 random boxes first. They were pretty generous to me, as I've gotten 8x biometrics a few times from them.

Outcast

Oh thanks for the tip on the 5 random boxes Detourne_me. You were right about them sometimes giving you more biometrics compared to 3 from the others.

I don't even have any 5 stars heroes yet. :P Spreading myself too thin here as well. :rolleyes:

Nyte Dragon

I wonder what it is about games with the initials FF that draws us to them.  :D
Hate is always foolish and love is always wise.
 ⁓Doctor Who

JeyNyce

How everybody enjoying the new update??  I already have Spider-Gwen & Silk and I should be getting Miles soon.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: JeyNyce on December 17, 2015, 02:09:21 PM
How everybody enjoying the new update??  I already have Spider-Gwen & Slick and I should be getting Miles soon.

Loving it! Also what is the Alliance? I've been a part of one but I'm not sure how it is beneficial.

detourne_me

AA! You gotta join ours.  We can totally kick Pod out to make room for you :P
There are quite a few benefits, some percentage boosts and extra gifts.

Podmark

Quote from: detourne_me on December 24, 2015, 04:03:55 AM
We can totally kick Pod out to make room for you :P

Wait, did I use to play this game? Doesn't sound like something I'd do... :P
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page