News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Nifscope Question:

Started by daglob, July 17, 2015, 09:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

How do you change the "speed" of the particles on a particle emitter?

Cyber Burn

I think I messed with this before, but I don't quite remember the specifics.

Are you trying to speed the Emitters up, or slow them down.

If you want. you can send the Mesh my way, and I'll take a look at it for you.

hoss20

Bear in mind, that because there are so many components to particle emitters, I'm sure there are multiple places to make edits and sometimes things are linked together so that editing one property can also affect another.

Hopefully, a bona fide mesher can chime in, but this is what I did to change the speed of the smoke of the cigar on the Pip the Troll skope that I did work on. The example below uses the Super_Cracker mesh by Ink. I wanted to start from scratch to make sure that what I did actually worked.

There are 2 pieces to FX. First, is the "emitter" portion that is connected to the skeleton (Bip01 nodes). The second part (I guess I'll call it the "particle" portion) is usually located outside of the skeleton under the Scene Root. This is the section where I made my edit:

FX_Name--->NiParticleSystem--->NiPSysEmitterCtlr--->NiPSysUpdateCtlr

I hope this helps, my friend.

You will then go down to the Block Details and change the Frequency. The lower the Frequency, the slower the FX will move.

daglob

I'm trying to slow down the smoke from  The Man With No Name's cigar. I'll look this over and see what I can do.

Cyber Burn

Ok, I remember where I saw this before, it was in Renegade's "Male_Basic_Hands_FX" Mesh. The Left and Right Hands have Particle Emitters that run at different speeds with the "Cold" side running slower than the "Hot" side.

If you want to compare the speeds of the Particle Emitters of this Mesh to yours, maybe we could compare the numbers a little easier?

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Renegademeshes1/info

daglob

I'll look back at that mesh, but trying to follow Hoss' instruction I've ended up with a character who no longer looks like his head is on fire (The Dormammu With No Name?)