News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

X-Men Page Updates 2

Started by SickAlice, July 28, 2015, 10:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

This is a second page for uploads to my X-Men page in order to avoid the character limit.

Storm NOW is on Storm Jim Lee by INK. I used models from Marvel Heroes as well as other INK meshes for bases. I combined all the parts from INK's Storm Classic and Storm Punk sans the mohawk from the latter into it. Unlike most releases I did not resize the textures though did change their assignments in most cases. I tried to provide a good stack of parts for skinners and skopers mainly focusing on capes, hairstyles and jewelry which Ororo is famous for. There are 52 skins. I didn't cover every skin of course as she as an unreal amount of costumes and variants of them but hopefully I provided enough parts that anyone can make whatever else they like. I left out versions that I decided would need separate animations, mainly Bloodstorm, any of the Asgardian ones and any Phoenix one.

Texturing: Everything sets on it's own aplha channel. The main body has three sets of built in feet being the normal flat feet, heels and bare feet. The texturing was tricky as these are welded to each other at the vertice in order to prevent runs so there texture assignments overlap as well. Just pick out a skin I made for whichever feet you want and copy the alpha channel from it and save yourself the hardship. You can also use any skins that other creators have made for either INK's Storm Jim Lee 2, Storm Classic or Storm Punk with this given a small amount of work. You'll need to alpha on the parts in use and alpha out those that are not. Some parts have the same position but are on different textures now, namely the original hair from SJL2 which is now on the hairstyles.tga rather than female_basic.tga. Also in the case of the head dress from Storm Classic I used a new model but the texture assignment is roughly the same. Else the original piece is still in the mesh but hidden. If you want that one open the nif and unhide the node named headgear_classic01 and hide the one named headgear_classic02 which is the new model. Then follow the wireframe for the old piece. For any other piece I've used them all in a texture here or there so you'd have an example to go from.

Keyframes: The main animations are from a set sent to me by detourne_me (thanks!). I then added any popular keys from the original Storm set by Gren to make one mega set so anyone can match their hero files however they wish.

Skin Packs: The skin packs are as follows,

-Storm Now: (Marvel Now on up) Marvel Now as the standard, Extraordinary and Axis as bonus skins. This set also includes the character nif and keyframes for the work and will be needed for the rest of the skins unless otherwise stated. I also included a stripped version of the character nif down to the nodes and body mesh to ease the burden on skopers. As well this one includes the wireframes, a base skin and a second base I made using Courtnal 6's Storm base.

-Ultimate: Ultimate as the standard, Ultimate Punk, Ultimatum 1, Ultimatum 2 and Ultimate Cataclysm as alts. This pack includes a second teen nif which I resized to match INK's Ultimate Jean Grey.

-Shower X-Babies: The classic punk skin as the standard and an extra Murderama alt. The pack includes a third X-Baby sized and portioned nif.

-Classics: (Popular old school costumes) Includes Classic, Blue And Gold, Morlock, X-Men Gold, Outback, Punk, and Mutate 20.

-Prime: (From X-Men Prime up to X-Treme) Includes Onslaught, Revolution, Zero Tolerance and ReLoad.

-X-Treme: (Looks from the X-Treme series. From X-Treme to Astonishing) Includes Xtreme, Dreams End, Emma's Team and X-Treme Casual.

-Astonishing: (From Astonishing to NOW!) Includes Astonishing, Xenogenesis, Wakanda, Avengers, AvsX and Wedding.

-Alt 1: (costumes from alternate realities) Includes Age Of Apocalypse, Age Of Apocalypse Anniversary, Ages Of Apocalypse Future, Days Of Futures Past, Age Of Ultron and Age Of X.

-Alt 2: (more from alternate realities) Includes House Of M, House Of M Regal, Marvel Adventures, Marvel Zombies, Exalted, Bio-Synth and Haunted Mansion.

-Alt Teen: (alternate reality skins that fit the teen mesh provided with the Ultimate pack) Includes Ages Of Apocalypse Young and Age Of Apocalypse Young.

-Other Media: (versions from media outside the comics) Includes TAS, Evolution, Wolverine & The X-Men, Anime, Halle Berry X2 United and Halle Days Of Futures Past.
---

X-Babies Rogue aka Sugah is a resize of a Rogue I put together early with some amended skins and one new one. See the previous or the read me included for credits.

Both Old Man Logan and Days Of Future Past Wolverine are on Wolverine Jackets/pants which started as REN's Wolverine Brown. I sculpted the body to have pants then brought in jackets and bits from Marvel Heroes. I sculpted both jackets so the trim can be alpha'd out by piece. I then added a retextured version of the original belt and buckle and made some new bits. Naturally parts from any other REN Wolverine can be skoped on.

Horseman Of Death Wolverine is on Wolverine by Texas Jack. I deleted many of the initial extras and added new ones. I also swapped out male heavy for a Horseman Caliban I modified earlier. The sword keys come from INK's Black Knight.

House Of M Wolverine is on REN's Wolverine Brown. I removed much of the costume and added new parts. Naturally parts from any other REN Wolverine can be skoped on.

Wolverine suit is on REN's Wolverine Brown. I removed much of the costume and added new parts. I also conformed a suit from Marvel's Future Fight into the nif. Parts from any other REN Wolverine can be skoped on. This pack includes a Headmaster Logan texture from WATXM and Patch.

Ahab is on Zivon by Gren and Ren. I made all new parts, resized the piece, added bump maps and new textures.

These can be downloaded here:
http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/pages/xmen.html

spydermann93

Holy crap! I was not expecting such a huge release, SA!

She looks amazing! All of her!  Can't wait to download her and browse through them all!

Great work, SA!

SickAlice

Thank you. This Storm has been a project I wanted to do since I very first got into FF modding and I put a lot of TLC (and caffeine) into this so the praise is appreciated. It's neat and more hope inspiring when you track yourself back a decade or so and realize how much more of the things you dreamed of being able to do someday you are now. And I suppose if nothing else that's what makes the future and our future selves so great, it's a blank slate that can still be written.

Cyber Burn

I agree with Spyder, these all look fantastic SA, the TLC (And Caffeine) are really noticeable. Just really, really impressive.  :thumbup:

SickAlice

Thank ya. I look forward to anything anyone cobbles out of this. That wedding necklace was a complete nightmare to do, lol. I would have given anything to have been able to just texture the beads but the graphics engine wasn't having any of that. Anyways I have a substantial list of To Do up yet but with this one now I will take that breather we were talking about.

El1jahSnowFan

WOW

I don't even know where to begin

If someone can't find their favorite Storm in there...I mean, it's impossible. I think I have a pretty good handle on things, and there are at least a dozen versions there I didn't know about

Amazing work, amazing dedication

Epimethee

A breather? But, aren't you supposed to do a couple characters, such as Storm? ;)

Mind boggling, SA. I especially like the wedding version—all that work certainly paid off.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

WyldFyre

Simply awesome. You deserve that breather.

Bravo sir.
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

Podmark

That is a crazy collection SA! What a tremendous amount of skins, great job!
Ironically it really hits home something about Storm for me - I'm not really fond of any of her costumes. Hrm.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

Thanks everyone. I lied and worked on another one (Samus) a bit last night. Addiction is a powerful thing. Actually Pod it hit the same thing with me particularly doing the research for this. I'm not fond of them either yet I'm fascinated by the lineage. It's as if they've always been trying to design a costume/look that has Storm's voice yet never hit the mark. Not really a stretch as her original costume and look were not here own rather the original design for Black Cat. Later they tasked with branding the character hence the lightning " S " and other additions but given the fluctuations it seems they never really felt any of them either. The fascinating part is that this sort of made Storm a flagship or testing ground of sorts where character design is concerned. Personally I think the X-Men Gold look was the closest to the mark and perhaps is the most iconic. Or at least I'm just taken by the brilliance of the design. If someone told me to design a character whose costume actually resembled a silver lined billowy thundercloud with lightning bolts coming from it I would have shook my head and said I couldn't do it just because I couldn't see an end result that wouldn't look preposterous. Yet there it was. But I guess that's Jim, when you need costume designs that are off the chain yet streamlined he's the guy the industry goes to for that. And pardon me, I've been spending a lot of time researching costume design and fashion couture this year as I want to become better at myself so my brain is sort of full these kinds of things right now.

windblown

This release is sooo awesome!! I love it  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

SickAlice

SickAlice

Added X-Babies Rogue aka Sugah.

SickAlice

Added Old Man Logan and Days Of Future Past Wolverine.

spydermann93

daglob

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

This turned out fantastic SA, great job on this.

detourne_me

:thumbup: Fantastic work SA!  The modelling on Logan's face and hair is really great!

windblown

I love them. That jacket is superb  :thumbup: Great job SA!

OrWolvie1

I totally agree! Great Job, SA :thumbup:

SickAlice

Thanks all, sorry for the lagging reply. A pleasure as always to be part of this grand community.

Added Horseman Of Death Wolverine.

Podmark

Wow great job! Great to see you finally getting to Death Wolverine. I know you've had him in the works for a while :D
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

OrWolvie1

Quote from: SickAlice on March 19, 2016, 12:48:53 AM
Thanks all, sorry for the lagging reply. A pleasure as always to be part of this grand community.

Added Horseman Of Death Wolverine.

First time I've seen anyone attempt the Horseman of Death version, SA. Fantastic job! :thumbup:

Outcast

You're work always impresses and amazes me. :kingbethumbup

SickAlice

Thanks all.

Added House Of M Wolverine.

windblown

SickAlice

Thankee!

Added Wolverine suit.

OrWolvie1

VERY nice, SA! With each new release, your skills continue to inspire and impress. Nice job!

daglob

"Howlett... James Howlett."