Why do some skoped extra parts look anchored in character tool but ingame they a

Started by Distorto, July 28, 2015, 09:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Distorto

Why do some skoped extra parts look anchored in character tool but ingame they aren't anchored?  \Or actually when I fight the character with the skoped piece with that same character, the object will move around

spydermann93

Cyber Burn

A couple of additional questions:

1.) Do you have any Screen Shots of the Skope/Floating Part in question?

2.) Is this occurring in FF1 or FFvt3R?

3.) If this is happening in FFvt3R, has the Skope (And Keyframes) been converted?

hoss20

Also, because you are referencing that the issue occurs with the same character fighting itself; this could be a "ghosting" issue. Does the problem occur when that character fights a different character?

We really need the specific example to help you out.

daglob

Might also be that no one has mentioned deleting the niskininstance block on the piece.

Distorto

Quote from: hoss20 on July 29, 2015, 06:22:23 AM
Also, because you are referencing that the issue occurs with the same character fighting itself; this could be a "ghosting" issue. Does the problem occur when that character fights a different character?

We really need the specific example to help you out.

It doesnt happen when the character is fighting another character.

Quote from: Cyber Burn on July 28, 2015, 10:57:45 PM
A couple of additional questions:

1.) Do you have any Screen Shots of the Skope/Floating Part in question?

2.) Is this occurring in FF1 or FFvt3R?

3.) If this is happening in FFvt3R, has the Skope (And Keyframes) been converted?

2.  :ffvstr:

3. Yes

Quote from: daglob on July 29, 2015, 11:10:06 PM
Might also be that no one has mentioned deleting the niskininstance block on the piece.

Where can I find this ?
Quote from: spydermann93 on July 28, 2015, 10:23:26 PM
Which mesh are you looking at?  Perhaps I can help?

I'm using AA's Hulk and Mysterio_Gren I'm trying to use mysterio's head on hulks body

hoss20

Quote from: daglob on July 29, 2015, 11:10:06 PM

I didn't think this would be the problem since the issue doesn't occur in CTool (assuming the skope was run through animations there, anyway). I checked out the helmet from Gren's Mysterio and it doesn't have a NiSkinInstance block, as the piece is attached directly to the Head node.

You're going to have to give more details. I just put the head from Mysterio_Gren onto AA's Hulk. The only problem I see when they're both in the Rumble Room together is the "ghosting" issue I mentioned. I don't see the Mysterio head piece floating around, but a transparent "ghost" of one the Hulk's bodies moving in the same fashion as the other Hulk. If this is the case, try Tommyboy's Ghosting fix here: http://www.tommyboymeshes.freedomforceforever.com/Ghost%20Mesh%20Fix%20Tutorial.html

If there are other added pieces moving around, then Daglob may be correct regarding the NiSkinInstance.

There's another fix somewhere else that is a bulk fix, but I think there's an issue with the links or details on where/which order the necessary apps need to be installed.

SickAlice

Often with FFVTTR this is a graphics issue. It happens on mine with nearly every mesh I use regardless of who made it especially with anything attached to the head node (hair, masks hats). The easy fix since it may be a problem you'll encounter a lot is set the Shadow detail to Blob. That will prevent it from happening. The character shadows aren't a biggie to live without anyways.

Distorto

Quote from: SickAlice on July 30, 2015, 04:49:22 PM
Often with FFVTTR this is a graphics issue. It happens on mine with nearly every mesh I use regardless of who made it especially with anything attached to the head node (hair, masks hats). The easy fix since it may be a problem you'll encounter a lot is set the Shadow detail to Blob. That will prevent it from happening. The character shadows aren't a biggie to live without anyways.

Changing the shadows to blob, seems to affect the game in a big way. Now, I'm getting this kind of ghost effect on all of the models. It looks like a transparently whitish version of the model that copies the character that I play ingame.

spydermann93

Yep, that's a very prevalent issue in FFvtTR when using converted meshes.

Tomorrow I'll be posting the python script that was hosted on FRP2 that fixes the issue.

SickAlice

@Distorto: I had that effect with one mesh (the Sugar Man I cobbled up). Have you tried turning the shadows off entirely? That's how I resolved everything (x64 win with ATI card).

@spydermann93: I want!

Distorto

Quote from: SickAlice on August 02, 2015, 01:20:26 AM
@Distorto: I had that effect with one mesh (the Sugar Man I cobbled up). Have you tried turning the shadows off entirely? That's how I resolved everything (x64 win with ATI card).

@spydermann93: I want!

That seems to resolve that issue entirely!

Thank you everyone for your help!