News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

2014 Godzilla

Started by Julio_Thomas, August 02, 2015, 02:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julio_Thomas

My son would like to know if anyone has made a mesh of the Godzilla in the 2014 movie. If it exists, could someone please let me know where we could find it?

Thanks.

Tomato

This is the wrong section. Requests for skins and meshes belong in the "requests for skins and meshes" forum, not the "skins" forum.

SickAlice

You'll have to pardon me, I've never seen that movie as I live in the sticks but is this what that Godzilla looks like? I may have interest in making this since it's for a kid and I think that's a good cause.

http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/godzilla-5370.html

spydermann93

SickAlice

K, thanks. So this one just moves like any other GZ I take it. What I was thinking is there was probably a game tie-in for the film, which there it is and an already made model and it wouldn't take anything to just assign it to either of Valandar's GZ's and stick it on the skeleton. I'll get on it then, shouldn't take too long to finish.

spydermann93

Quote from: SickAlice on August 08, 2015, 12:14:11 AM
K, thanks. So this one just moves like any other GZ I take it. What I was thinking is there was probably a game tie-in for the film, which there it is and an already made model and it wouldn't take anything to just assign it to either of Valandar's GZ's and stick it on the skeleton. I'll get on it then, shouldn't take too long to finish.

He seemed to lumber about more so than the Japanese Godzillas.

There might be gameplay footage of his movement for the new Godzilla game that just came out on the PS4.  He can be played right next to the "standard" Godzilla, so the differences in their movements would become very apparent.

He's also much larger than most of the other Godzillas, though I think Valandar used the Toho Heizei era Godzilla

Spoiler

SickAlice

I'm probably not going to make minute variance in the animations like that since I suck at it really, lol. I only have Val's later build on my system but I remember the old version being different than the second one. I'll download it and take a look and see which meets up with the model at hand best. I'll apply the size as well, that's just handle (added if need be) ticked up like .03 to .05 for height and mass. Thanks for the details. I mean it won't " be " the game Godzilla exact, it'll be the SA FFVTTR version but something for the kid to look at and get excited about while it smashes buildings (Current Godzilla still smashes buildings and gnaws on trains and such?) and knocks Minute Man across town like a plaything.

* Just checked it out and he actually did three. The two first are more silly ones closer to the very old school GZ, the Mark 3 is a bit more serious and tough and doesn't flail about so much so I'm going with that for closest match.

@Julio_Thomas: There's going to be a short wait but hopefully it will be worth it. I figured out how to apply a neat animation trick to it for added effect.

SickAlice

I finished Godzilla 2014 and put him on my Other page. It's up over in the releases section. It was a bumpy ride so a few things to note:

- It is for  :ffvstr:. This is the only one of the two games I still own. I did make a body swap for  :ff: just in case. Since I don't have the game someone else would have to assemble it and I would give instructions as well send them the body parts. For keyframe modification I wouldn't know however as I don't know how to work with unconverted keys.

- It looks goofy in Character Tool. Imo CTool should never be used as a guage for how something looks in game, just as a guideline for skinning and piece placement. In CTool he shrinks in and out when animations are switched but this is because one can overlap animations that normally can't overlap in game (like going directly from the middle of a ranged attack to flight for example). There is some stretching especially in the fangs that I worked out as best I could but another thing that isn't as strong in the actual game.

- I never had Godzilla in my game but know there's hero files and FX out there for him if you ask around.

- I didn't scale him up. The reason was because the Godzilla model I used for a swap was already at max screen height. Anymore and you wouldn't be able to see his head and shoulders and such. My mind always says go for what looks best in game before what looks accurate. Hopefully it isn't a problem.

detourne_me

Julio_Thomas

Thank you. My son appreciates it.

SickAlice

Welcome. That makes me smile so thanks for that.

daglob

My granddaughter like him too, especially the stomping, and she thinks the way his back lights up when he's spitting plasma is pretty.

SickAlice

" Godzilla is pretty " First time for everything. He is really fun to run around crushing buildings and burning trees. Not that I um, endorse that sort of behavior of course.  :unsure: Glad she's enjoying it though.

More on point about studying the 3d models that the pros made. I could have never dreamed up to do a glow channel like that. And the result is stunning. That model and it's texturing are a flawless execution. There's much to be learned by just sitting down and going through that stuff as well character and costume design galleries on the web.