what is the size of the sound file I can add in FREEDOM FORCE

Started by heroidosilencio, August 17, 2015, 09:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heroidosilencio

what is the size of the sound file I can add in FREEDOM FORCE??

Is there a size?? I guess the format has to be wav, am I right?

I am learning something in the  last monthes and I would like to put new songs.

I want to much to add the voice of ironman from the first movie, in 2088, when after getting the criminals in the desert with the new armor
he says to the victms of the criminals:

"He is alllllllllllllllllllllllll yoursssssssssssss"

It sounded very cool for me. I also wanted to add his quote from the movie avengers when he asked:

"Miss Romanoff, did you miss me?" Then, it starts to play a cool song from ACDC.

After all that, is there any particular thing I should specially know about adding new sounds? I am starting this now and I am very begginer on this.

crimsonquill

Voice pack sounds mostly need to go from 1 second to 4 seconds or they start to overlap horribly when used multiple times in a row. As far as file size the maximum that FF can handle is around 100 MB because of so many audio files needed to be preloaded before every mission starts. It's just a matter of trial and error while using audio editors and samplers to get the right clips trimmed down so it works perfectly for a voice sample. I experimented with clips of Samuel L Jackson from movies that fit the slots for typical voice packs and tried them out in game until I finally felt I had a good collection. Then of course SLJ got the role of Nick Fury in the MCU movies and I retired my old version until I get around to remaking it from scratch again.

Just check out the Sound/Voices sub-group on here and I'll even start doing some Voice Pack guides once I finally have some free time on my schedule. I have not updated my Voice Pack thread in awhile due to lack of time and barely having much sampling done to add anything major to my Packs in awhile. Work is being done just at a snails pace.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

heroidosilencio

I see... Thank you for answering.

Tell me one thing about these sound files. Is it possible to put these sound files in the place where stays the VOICES of the characters like Alchemiss, Alien Warrior, Black Bird, etc...  or can I put the new sound files only on the effects... Like in the optimic blast of cyclops, for exemple ??

I am already collecting some sounds and trimmed them in around 4 or 5 seconds.

And crimsonquill, could you post a tutorial here how to place the new sound files and what I should do, once you have an experience about that??
Thank you again!!