News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sentinels of the Multiverse Game 8

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, August 20, 2015, 01:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

Most of you know the drill.  If you haven't played before, this is a great superhero-based cardgame(and there's a great app version for Android, Steam, and IoS) which translates well to the forums.  Just pick a hero that looks interesting and I'll explain what few rules needs explaining.

The current lineup:

Spade as Tempest
Glitch Girl as Wraith
Death's Jester as Guise
Reepicheep as Chrono Ranger
Outcast as Setback

A couple are being used elsewhere, but feel free to pick any of the following.

Team: Freedom Five
Nemesis: Unknown, Vengeance Five (Fright Train), Iron Legacy
A soldier with a suit of military designed power armor, Bunker is a bit like Iron Man, only he can't fly and has a lot more guns.  Switches between different modes to gain different abilities.

Team: Prime Wardens
Nemesis: Apostate
Mistreated for the pair of wings she is gifted with, Fanatic has chosen to side with the angels--literally--in the fight against evil.  Holy warrior type powered by holy relics.

Team: Prime Wardens
Nemesis: Ambuscade
A gentile soul gifted with super strength, ancient warrior traditions, and immortality.  He's like the Hulk if the Hulk looked more like a normal person, was highly educated, and was an elementary school teacher for his day job.  Okay, he's nothing like Hulk, but he does like to smash.

Team: Freedom Five (Leader)
Nemesis: Baron Blade, Vengeance Five (Baron Blade)
From a long line of Legacies starting with the Revolutionary War, each generation of Persons have developed a new power and passing it and all previous ones on to the next.  The current Legacy possesses flight, super strength, durability, and danger sense.  His daughter has laser vision.  Yeah, he's like a hybrid of Captain America and Superman, but plays most like the former, inspiring his team mates to greatness.

Team: None
Nemsis: The Ennead
Finding the staff of the Egyptian sun god Ra, a humble archeaologist uses it to transform into Ra, god of the sun!  Yeah, he's Thor with fire powers, basically.

Nemesis: Matriarch, Vengeance Five(Friction), Iron Legacy
A scientist with the power of super speed.  Not much else to say.  Plays a lot of cards and builds up momentum for spectacular stuff later on.

Nemesis: Spite, Vengeance Five (Ermine), Iron Legacy
Billionaire heiress by day, stalker of criminals by night.  Female Batman, essentially.

Nemesis: Unknown, Vengeance Five (Proletariate), Iron Legacy
A lab accident has turned him into a creature of frost and cold.  As his cryo suit and chamber is quite expensive, he is forced by the government to join the Freedom Five in exchange for being allowed to live.  He isn't terribly thrilled about it.  The most complex hero in the game, he relies on hurting himself to damage his enemies.

Nemesis: The Dreamer
A powerful psychic from the future who has come to the past to save her younger self from the life of a lab rat that she suffered through.  Manipulates decks and offers buffs and debuffs rather that direct attacks.

Nemesis: Biomancer
As old man who spends most of his time relaxing in his houseboat. Also he possesses the philosopher's stone and sometimes goes off to fight supervillains. The games most tanky tank who can depending on which form he is using can ignore most damage, or heal it back and hurt the enemy in response.

Team: Dark Watch
Nemesis: The Chairman
An elderly blind mechanic who happens to be a master martial artist. Fixer gets only one power, but can modify it with various tool and style cards.

Nemesis: Citizen Dawn
Rejected by her supervillain mother for having no powers, Expat proves that you don't need powers to fight supervillains, just lots and lots of guns. She plays lots and lots of guns with their own attack power and modifies them with bullet cards.

Team: Prime Wardens (Leader)
Nemesis: Akash'Bhuta
With the power of ancient magical instruments, he puts the power of music to use.  A total support hero who make his team mates a little more awesome.

Team: Dark Watch (Leader)
Nemesis: Gloomweaver
Cursed into a form of mist and magic, this private eye uses powerful spells and ancient artifacts to take down the forces of darkness.  Another self damaging hero who can actually tank pretty well too.

Nemesis: Omnitron
Far into the future, Omnitron-IX, having been destroyed and rebuilt countless times over the centuries decides to solve the problem of always beeing defeated by weak heroes by giving his next incarnation the one thing the heroes have that he doesn't--compassion.  The new Omnitron-X prompty repented of everything he'd done in his past models and went back in time to destroy himself.  Upgrades himself to grant new, usually automatic, abilities.

Nemesis: Miss Information
An analyst whose exposure to Omnitron's code has upgrades her mind, Parse can analyse any situation and discover every possible outcode, an ability which also makes her an uncanny archer.  A deck manipulator who can also deal damage.

Nemesis: Kismet
Setback has always had wild swings of luck.  Really bad things happen to him out of nowhere, but then really lucky things always happen to.  Like when he was randomly kidnapped by Baron Blade to be the subject of deadly experiment, then was the only one to survive them and gain superpowers.  Lucky!  He has his own resource, Unlucky points.  By player cards that represent unlucky things happening, he can trade the points for really lucky things later.

Nemesis: Deadline
Cursed by the evil earth spirit Akashbhuta to live as an animal, he was freed from his curse by the Argent Adept and now uses his ability to transform into animals to protect nature from those who would destroy it.  A shapeshifter whose abilities and card effects vary according to what shape he's in.  Can fulfil multiple team roles.

Team: N/A
Nemesis: La Capitan
A team of 4 heroes that play off a single deck they are Dr. Medico, M.D. with light powers, his best friend with super strength and endurance Mainstay, his adoptive daughter with psychic powers The Idealist, and reformed criminal and living shadow Writhe.

Nemesis: Progeny
A former member of FILTER who went rogue, she is a trained soldier and spy with energy focusing powers.  A damage dealer with some interesting combos.

Nemesis: Kargura Warfang
A member of the Thorathian resistance that fought against the tyranny of Grand Warlord Voss using her size changing powers, she was captured by Kargura Warfang and forced to fight in her arena, until freed by Earth's heroes.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

HarryTrotter

''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Glitch Girl

Can you squeeze me back in?  I'll be MIA from Sept 3-10ish but otherwise I can play. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Deaths Jester

I'll take Guise one last time...whose are villains this time around?
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Reepicheep

I'll take a stab at Chrono Ranger this time.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Glitch Girl on August 20, 2015, 05:00:06 PM
Can you squeeze me back in?  I'll be MIA from Sept 3-10ish but otherwise I can play.

There are no reservations here, so jump right in.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Deaths Jester on August 20, 2015, 07:30:34 PM
I'll take Guise one last time...whose are villains this time around?

Since you asked, here are the possibilities.  Note that there's an alternate version of Baron Blade that uses the same deck, but is harder and plays differently than the first version we did.

Nemsis: Tempest
Difficulty: Moderate
Having conquered countless planets, enslaving their inhabitant and adding their power to his gene-bound armies, Grand Warlord Voss has come to Earth!

Nemesis: Omnitron-X
Difficulty: Easy
Once just a power automated robot factor, an error in the latest software upgrade gave Omnitron the gift of sapience.  Too bad it considers itself superior to those squishy organic things.

Leader of a cult of superpowered people who believe themselves to be better than ordinary folks and deserving of their worship.  He attempt to create a superpowered dynasty lead to her greatest shame, however, the existence of her non-powered daughter, Expatriette.
Nemesis:Expatriette
Difficulty: Hard

A mad scientist and son of a Nazi mad scientist who died in battle against the WWII era Legacy.  Would do anything to get revenge on his descendants, including crashing the moon into the earth.
Nemesis: Legacy
Difficulty: Easy

Legend has it that living in the sewers of Rook City is monstrous beast that used to be a man.  Some say the outbreaks of disease in the poorer parts of the city are more than mere symptoms of squalor.
Nemesis: Chronoranger

A magical mask gave a young girl full of anger and rage the power to control birds and to fully unlease her feelings on the city.
Nemesis: Tachyon

When the Wraith caught the city's most prolific serial killer, everyone breathed a collective sigh of relief.  Having been rescued from death row by Pike Industrial to be the subject of chemical experiments, Spite has mutated, become even more monstrous, and has escaped to bring the city to its knees.
Nemesis: Wraith

Nemesis: Mr. Fixer
The true ruler of rook city is not its mayor, or it city council of its people.  Controlling everything, above every criminal enterprise, behind every election, and paying off every official is the crime boss known onlyh as The Chairman.  No one knows who he is, but everyone fears the might wielded by his chief enforcer, the Operative.

Nemesis: Fanatic
Fanatic's evil counterpart, who summons unholy relics and evil demons to destroy all that is good.

Nemesis: Nightmist
A malevolent entity form a dream dimesion, Gloomweaver has amassed an army of cultist and zombies dedicated to pulling him into the real world

The Earth spirit of chaos, Akash'buta sows only despair and destruction, but has been opposed by the musical heroes known as the Virtuosos of the Void, the latest of which is the Argent Adept.
Nemesis: Argent Adept

Possessing a family heirloom with the ability to manipulate luck, Kismet sows destruction and discord wherever she goes.
Nemesis: Setback

Traveling through time with her flying ship and a crew gathered from throughout history, the pirate known as La Capitan strike anywhere and anywhen.
Nemeses: Sentinels
Difficulty: Very Hard

The Sentinels efficient hard working secretary holds a dark secret, she holds the mind of an alternate future self whose only desire is for revenge for the ones she blames for things that have not happened--the Sentinels.  With their trust as her weapon, will the heroes realize their betrayal in time?
Nemesis: Parse
Difficulty: Moderate?

In an alternate future, Baron Blade killed Legacy's daughter, Young Legacy, ending the line of Legacy's forever.  Mad with grief, he killed Blade and conquered the world, determined to bring final peace.  Finding the main timeline, he is determined to bring that same peace to this world, whether anyone wants it or not.
Nemeses: The Freedom Six(future versions of Tachyon, Wraith, Bunker, Absolute Zero, Tempest, and Unity)

The last survivor of his species, the creature who would come to be known as Deadline was one of many such last survivors taking refuge in the Enclave of the Endlings, until he saw signs of another extinction-level event on a plant called Earth.  Determined to prevent another planet from suffering his planet's fate, Deadline has come to Earth to make sure that there is nothing left on it to be worth destroying.  If billions must die to ensure that humanity lives, then Deadline will see it done!
Nemesis: The Naturalist

The day that Deadline tried to prevent is fast approaching.  The herald of something unspeakably powerful and evil has arrive.  If the herald is this powerful, how can the heroes of Earth hope to defeat its master?
Nemesis: KNYFE

The same cosmic accident that gave Captain Cosmic his powers destroyed his brother's mind.  With only hatred and rage left of his mind, he wields the power of sickly green light and threatens to destroy all that is sane and good.
Nemesis: Captain Cosmic

Across many planets, a mysterious arena has appeared, Pitting the greatest warriors of the galaxy together in mortal combat.  Now, the Bloodsworn Colosseum has appeared on Earth and its champions must win the crowd's favor, or die in mortal combat.
Nemesis: Sky-Scraper

A creature that existed before the universe itself, Wager Master plays dice with the laws of physics themselves, and woe be to any heroes caught in his mad games.
Nemesis: Guise
Difficulty: N/A

catwhowalksbyhimself

We have room for only 1 more.  First one to claim the spot gets it.

Glitch Girl

Thank you.  I think I'll go with what I know and stick with Wraith. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Deaths Jester

<- leaning towards Wager Master..mainly b/c his Difficulty is N/A.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Deaths Jester on August 21, 2015, 08:10:35 PM
<- leaning towards Wager Master..mainly b/c his Difficulty is N/A.

He tinkers with the win/lose conditions from moment to moment.  It can be literally impossible to win, or just about impossible not to.  Then change the next moment.  He's my least favorite villain, honestly, but he is different.

Outcast

If there is room for 1 more, i'll try Setback.... :blink: :doh:

:o    :grimreaper

catwhowalksbyhimself

And we are now full.  Feel free to discuss villains.

HarryTrotter

La Capitan maybe?Dont think we played against her?
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Spade on August 22, 2015, 04:36:05 AM
La Capitan maybe?Dont think we played against her?

It was a couple games back.  Nothing wrong in redoing the same villain, although there are plenty we haven't done.

HarryTrotter

Okay then.Im just gonna go with what others choose.
Jon Farmer

Reepicheep

They all look like fun. I'd either back DJ's suggestion or suggest that we just play villain roulette with whoever we haven't already faced.

catwhowalksbyhimself

My suggestion would be if you can't come to decision, maybe look at the nemeses of the characters being played that we haven't played yet.

That would be Spite, Wager Master, or Kismet, as we've done the other two before.

Outcast

I'm fine with a random pick between Wage Master and Spite.  :)

Or whoever you think would be easier. :P

Glitch Girl

I'm not all for La Captian since she was the last villain I fought before my hiatus and I'd like to fight someone new to me if possible. 

I could go for Spite though. 
-Glitch Girl

Reepicheep

Spite looks pretty awesome. I'm a little too cautious about that N/A difficulty for Wager Master.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Drug-Addicted serial killer it is then.

We will start shortly.

spydermann93

I always had trouble against him.

Blasted hostages...

catwhowalksbyhimself

I completely forgot to discuss hero variants.  Pick whichever you want.

Tempest

The Inhuman Tempest, 26 HP, Power--Squall :Tempest deals all non-Hero Targets 1 Projectile Damage.
Freedom Tempest, 25 HP,   Power--Sacrifice: Destroy 1 of your cards. If you do, draw 3 cards.
Prime Wardens Tempest, 27 HP, Power--Arc of Power: Play up to 3 cards. Each time you play a card this way, the environment deals Tempest 3 lightning damage.

Wraith

Normal Wraith, 26 HP, Power--Stealth: Reduce the next Damage that would be dealt to The Wraith by 2.
Rook City Detective, 27 HP, Power--Sleuthr: Reveal the top card of the Environment deck. Discard it or play it.
Price of Freedom Wraith, 25 HP, Power--Last Stand: The Wraith deals up to 2 Targets 1 Melee Damage each.

Chrono-Ranger

Normal Chrono-Ranger, 28 HP, Power--Quick Shot   : Chrono-Ranger deals 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage.
Best of Times Chrono Ranger, 29 HP, Power--True Purpose: Select a non-Hero Target. Until the start of your next turn, all Bounty cards also affect that target and are not destroyed when a target leaves play.

Setback

Normal Setback, 31 HP, Power--Risk: Add 1 Token to your Unlucky Pool. Play the top card of your deck.
Dark Watch SetbackA, 30 HP, Power--Mitigate: Remove 1 Token from your Unlucky Pool. Reduce the next Damage dealt to a Hero Target by 2.

Glitch Girl

Before I decide, which environment is it?
-Glitch Girl

catwhowalksbyhimself

Heh, we never decided.  I'll try to put a list up shortly.

Outcast

Normal Setback for me.

As for Environments, anything but Rook City or Pike Industrial. I've heard Setback doesn't like them very much. :wacko:

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

Reepicheep

catwhowalksbyhimself

Here all the available environments.  Haven't made a banner for Omnitron 4 yet, but will if he is picked.

I'd say either Rook City or Silver Gulch would be thematic picks.  Silver Gulch is where Chrono-Ranger comes from, so him stopping a time traveling serial killing from stalking his town folks sounds like fun.

Any of them would be fine though.

The ruins of the lost city of Atlantis, home to amazing relics and the terrifying Kraken.

The home city of Legacy and the Freedom Five.  A shining vast metropolis.

Wagner Mars Base, a research and military base located on Mars, it is the first stop for would-be conquerors from the stars.

A land lost in time, where dinosaurs and other ancient creatures still live.

Often known by it's nickname of Crook city, it is full of crime and curruption and is the home of Wraith and Darkwatch.

More than just strictly legal production and research goes on here.  Beware of dangerious chemicals and mutated vermin.

A strange magical dimension where the laws of physics are constantly in flux

The tomb of Anubis, Egyptian death god, full of traps trails and the occassional reward.

Time has gone completely bannannas here.  Creatures and places form throughout time and space are all mixed together, and that can't be good for the space-time continuum.

FILTER's interdimensional prison, where the worst of the worst are held.  The prison is ungoing a riot and the heroes are unfortunately not any more popular with the guards than they are with the prisoners.

A time Portal has connected the present with Chronoranger's home town, right in the middle of a gunfight with a family of bandits.

In the far future that Chrono-Ranger ended up in, strange cryptids have multiplied and destroyed all human life.  Only Chronoranger, lost through a time portal, and the eternal warrior Haka are still alive.

The headquarters of the Freedom Five and target of villains looking to get ahead.  It was, in fact, designed with that in mind.

Baron Blade's giant craft have been loaned out to villains of many kinds, along with their Blade Batalion crews.

The homeworld of General Voss, Dok'Thorath has been thrown into chaos following his death.  The rebels want his freedom.  The military wants control.  The now leaderless gene-bound creatures want only to feed on both sides.

Far out in space lies the Enclave of the Endless, a refuge where the last members of dead species can live out away from the ravages of time and the grasp of death.  The mistress of this place cares nothing for good or evil.  Wonders can be found here, but horrors too.

The fourth incarnation of Omnitron is a barely sentient automated robot factory, trying to piece itself together.  The dangers are extreme, but the promises of Omnitron-based technology are enough to lure many villains here, and draw many heroes to fight them.