News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sentinels of the Multiverse Game 8

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, August 20, 2015, 01:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

You get one play, one power, and one draw.

Utility Belt takes up your play slot, and increases your powers to two per turn instead of one.

Stealth is your first power.  You don't have any others you can activate, so you actually lose the second one(but it will come in handy later)

You draw

Spoiler

Impromptu Invention: One-Shot--Draw a card. Search your deck for an Equipment card and either put it into play or your hand. Shuffle your deck. You may play a card.

Start: Nothing

Play: Blighted Streets: Increase Damage dealt to Hero Targets by 1. At the end of each Hero's turn, if that Hero dealt no Damage this turn, their Player may discard 2 cards to destroy this card. When this card is destroyed, play the top card of the Villain deck.

End: Nothing

That makes it Spite's turn.

Start: Nothing

Play: Collateral Damage: Ongoing--When this card enters play, destroy a Victim card. Whenever Spite deals a Target 4 or more Damage at once, destroy a Victim card.  There are no Victims for him to kill.

End: Spite hits Chrono-Ranger for 5 points of damage and heals himself for 5.  He tries to kill a Victim, but there are none.

Spite plays On the Prowl: One-Shot--Destroy a Victim card. Reveal cards from the top of the Villain deck until a Victim card is revealed. Put it into play. Shuffle the rest of the revealed cards into the Villain deck.

There are no Victims to kill.  Huh, 4 out of 5 drugs just came up before finding Good Samaritan: Victim--At the start of the Environment turn, the Players may choose to play the top card of the Villain deck. If they do, put this card under the Safe House card. When this card is destroyed, Spite regains (H) HP.

Those nasty drugs now get shuffled back into the deck.

And that makes it Tempest's turn.

Don't forget the Heroes have an option to rescue the Victim at the start of the turn, and the option to destroy Blighted Streets at the end of their turn.

Villain Ongoing Effects
When Spite deals damage, he regains that much HP.(Spite)
Whenever Spite deals a target 4 or more damage, destroy a Victim.(Collateral Damage)

Hero Ongoing Effects
Damage dealt by Tempest to the Villain target with the highest HP is increased by 2.
Damage dealt to Spite is increased by 1.(The Ultimate Target)
Wraith may use an additional power on her turn.(Utility Belt)

Environment Ongoing Effects
Damage dealt to Hero targets is increased by 1(Blighted Streets)

Side: Transhuman Serial Killer
Spoiler

Transhuman Serial Killer
At the start of the Villain turn, if there are 5 Drug cards in play, flip Spite's Villain Character card. When Spite deals Damage, he regains that much HP.At the end of the Villain turn, play the top card of the Villain deck. Then, Spite deals the Hero Target with the highest HP (H) minus 1 Energy Damage.

Drug-Wracked Monstrosity
When Spite's Villain Character card is flipped to this side, destroy all Villain cards in play other than Drugs and Spite's Villain Character card.Whenever a Villain card would be played, instead Spite deal each Hero Target other than the Hero Target with the lowest HP 1 Projectile Damage.
HP: 70/80
Deck: 20
Trash: 3
In Play: 3
-Safe House--1 Victim saved
-Collateral Damage--Ongoing
-Good Samaritan--Victim

Spoiler

Good Samaritan: Victim--At the start of the Environment turn, the Players may choose to play the top card of the Villain deck. If they do, put this card under the Safe House card. When this card is destroyed, Spite regains (H) HP.
Collateral Damage: Ongoing--When this card enters play, destroy a Victim card. Whenever Spite deals a Target 4 or more Damage at once, destroy a Victim card.
Safe House: When this card enters play, reveal cards from the top of the Villain deck until a Victim card is revealed. Put it into play. Shuffle the rest of the revealed cards back into the Villain deck. When Spite flips to his "Drug-Wracked Monstrosity" side, he deals himself X Toxic Damage, where X = the number of cards under this card times 5. This card and cards under this card are indestructible. Cards under this card have no text.

HP: 24/26

Available Powers
Squall: Tempest deals all non-Hero Targets 1 Projectile Damage.

Deck: 33
Hand: 6
Spoiler

Shielding Winds:Ongoing, Limited--Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt 5 or more Damage from a single source, reduce that Damage by 2.
Otherworldly Resilience:Ongoing,Limited--Reduce Damage dealt to Tempest by 1.
Lightning Slash:One-Shot--Tempest deals 1 Target 5 Lightning Damage.
Into the Stratosphere: One-Shot--Select 1 non-indestructible Villain card in play, other than a Character card, and put it on top of the Villain deck. Tempest deals the Villain Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage.
Trash: 0
In Play: 1
-Gene-Bound Shackles--Equipment, Limited
Spoiler

Gene-Bound Shackles: Equipment, Limited--Increase Damage dealt by Tempest to the Villain Target with the highest HP by 2.

HP: 24/27
Available Powers:
Tough Choices: Draw a card or play a card. How to choose?! Also, Guise deals 1 target 1 melee damage. But Who?!

Deck: 32
Hand: 5
Spoiler

Guise The Barbarian: Ongoing, Limited--I am mighty and fearsome, like the fabled alpaca! Increase damage dealt by Guise by 2. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
I Can Do That, Too!: One-shot--Guise uses a power printed on an active hero character card in play. If that power has the name of a hero in it, treat that name as if it were Guise instead.
Total Beefcake:Ongoing, Limited--Who would want to hurt such a beauty? The first time Guise would be dealt damage each turn, redirect that damage to the non-hero target with the lowest HP. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Guise The Barbarian: Ongoing, Limited--I am mighty and fearsome, like the fabled alpaca! Increase damage dealt by Guise by 2. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Retcon: One-shot--Destroy 1 ongoing or environment card. Awesome! I'm a great hero. You may draw a card or play a card.
In Play: 0
Spoiler

HP: 21/28

Available Powers
Quick Shot: Chrono-Ranger deals 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage.

Spoiler

Eye on the Prize: One-Shot--Chrono-Ranger may deal 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage. You may draw a card. You may play a card.
Hunter and Hunted: Ongoing, Limited--Increase Damage dealt to and by Chrono-Ranger by the number of Bounty cards in play. Power: Destroy this card.
Danny-Boy: Equipment--Power: Chrono-Ranger deals up to X Targets 2 Fire Damage each, where X = the number of Bounty cards in play.
Displaced Armory: One-Shot--Search your deck or trash for an Equipment card and put it into play. If you searched your deck, shuffle your deck.Chrono-Ranger may deal 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage.
Eye on the Prize: One-Shot--Chrono-Ranger may deal 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage. You may draw a card. You may play a card.
"Just Doin' My Job": One-Shot--Each Player may discard 1 card. Draw X cards, where X = the number of cards discarded this way. Chrono-Ranger may deal 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage.
-The Ultimate Target--Ongoing, Bounty
Spoiler

"The Ultimate Target": Ongoing, Bounty--Play this card next to a non-Hero Target. Increase Damage dealt by Chrono-Ranger to that Target by 1. The first time that Target deals Damage each turn, you may use a Power.

All Equipment in your deck
Spoiler

Compounded Bow: Equipment--Power: Chrono-Ranger deals 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage and 1 Damage of a type of your choice.
Jim's Hat: Equipment--You may play an additional card during your play phase.At the start of your turn, you may destroy a Bounty card.
The Masadah: Equipment--Power: Chrono-Ranger deals 1 Target X Irreducible Energy Damage, where X = the number of Bounty cards in play.
Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower: Equipment--Power: Chrono-Ranger deals 1 Target 1 Toxic Damage. Reduce Damage dealt by that Target by 1 until the start of your next turn.
Temporal Grenade: Equipment--Power: Chrono-Ranger deals up to 3 Targets 1 Energy Damage each. You may destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card. Destroy this card.

All Bounties in your deck
Spoiler

"By Any Means": Ongoing, Bounty--Play this card next to a non-Hero Target. Increase Damage dealt to that Target by 1. When that Target leaves play, destroy this card.
"Dead or Alive": Ongoing, Bounty--Play this card next to a non-Hero Target. At the start of your turn, Chrono-Ranger regains 1 HP. When that Target leaves play, draw 1 card and destroy this card.
"Kill on Sight": Ongoing, Bounty--Play this card next to a non-Hero Target. When that Target leaves play, draw 3 cards and destroy this card.
"No Executions": Ongoing, Bounty--Play this card next to a non-Character card Target. When that target would be destroyed, put it on the bottom of its deck instead. Then destroy this card.
"The Whole Gang": Ongoing, Bounty--Play this card next to a non-Hero Target. When that Target leaves play, you may destroy a Target with 4 or fewer HP. Then, destroy this card.

HP: 23/31

Available Powers
Risk: Add 1 Token to your Unlucky Pool. Play the top card of your deck.
Unlucky Pool: 2

Spoiler

Karmic Retribution: One-Shot--If you have fewer than 7 Tokens in your Unlucky Pool, remove 1 of them. If you do, Setback regains 2 HP. If you have 7 or more Tokens in your Unlucky Pool, remove 7 of them and Setback deals 1 Target 7 Melee Damage.
Plucky Break   : One-Shot--Remove 2 Tokens from your Unlucky Pool. If you do, draw 1 card and Setback deals 1 target 2 Melee Damage. If there are zero Tokens in your Unlucky Pool, Setback regains 3 HP.
Cause and Effect: One-Shot--You may destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card. Setback deals 1 Target and himself as much Psychic Damage as there are Tokens in your Unlucky Pool.
Karmic Retribution: One-Shot--If you have fewer than 7 Tokens in your Unlucky Pool, remove 1 of them. If you do, Setback regains 2 HP. If you have 7 or more Tokens in your Unlucky Pool, remove 7 of them and Setback deals 1 Target 7 Melee Damage.
Uncharmed Life: Ongoing--When a Hero Target would be dealt Damage, you may remove 2 Tokens from your Unlucky Pool to redirect that Damage to Setback. Power: Setback regains 3 HP. Destroy this card.
Reckless Rush: One-Shot--Setback deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. Setback deals himself 2 Melee Damage. Add 2 Tokens to your Unlucky Pool
Trash: 2
Spoiler

Available Powers
Stealth: Reduce the next Damage that would be dealt to The Wraith by 2.

Deck: 34
Spoiler

Impromptu Invention: One-Shot--Draw a card. Search your deck for an Equipment card and either put it into play or your hand. Shuffle your deck. You may play a card.
Trust Fund: One-Shot--Draw 4 cards, then discard 2 cards.
Infrared Eyepiece: Equipment, Limited--Power: Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck. Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom. Draw a card.
Micro Targeting Computer:Equipment,Limited--Increase Projectile Damage dealt by The Wraith by 2.
Micro Targeting Computer:Equipment,Limited--Increase Projectile Damage dealt by The Wraith by 2.
Smoke Bombs: Equipment, Limited--Whenever a Villain card would deal Damage to the Hero Target with the lowest HP, redirect that Damage to the Hero Target with the highest HP. Reduce Damage redirected this way by 1.
-Utility Belt--Equipment, Limited

Spoiler

Utility Belt: Equipment, Limited--You may use an additional power during your power phase.

Spoiler

Utility Belt: Equipment, Limited--You may use an additional power during your power phase.
Razor Ordinance: Equipment, Limited--Power: The Wraith deals 1 Target 3 Projectile Damage.
Mega Computer:Equipment--Reduce Damage dealt by Environment cards by 1.
Throwing Knives:Equipment, Limited--Power: The Wraith deals up to 3 Targets 1 Projectile Damage each.
Infrared Eyepiece: Equipment, Limited--Power: Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck. Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom. Draw a card.
Smoke Bombs: Equipment, Limited--Whenever a Villain card would deal Damage to the Hero Target with the lowest HP, redirect that Damage to the Hero Target with the highest HP. Reduce Damage redirected this way by 1.
Stun Bolt: Equipment--Power: The Wraith deals 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage. Until the start of your next turn, reduce all Damage dealt by that Target by 1.
Micro Targeting Computer:Equipment, Limited--Increase Projectile Damage dealt by The Wraith by 2.

Deck: 15
Blighted Streets

Spoiler

Blighted Streets: Increase Damage dealt to Hero Targets by 1. At the end of each Hero's turn, if that Hero dealt no Damage this turn, their Player may discard 2 cards to destroy this card. When this card is destroyed, play the top card of the Villain deck.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

HarryTrotter

Do I have to discard 3 to save a victim or play the top card of villains deck?
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Outcast

The actions required to save a victim card is different for each type/kind of victim. In the case of the "Good Samaritan", i think the option to save the victim starts at the Environment turn? Where the players can opt to play the top card of the villain deck.

I think what we have to be careful about is the "Forced Entry" card. Where all the saved victims will be forced into play once again from under the "Safe House". At the same time, killing 1 victim card. It may not be too bad i suppose if there are a few victim cards saved like 1 or 2. But if we have saved many by the time "Forced Entry" is played, we'll have to save most of them all over again.

Right now. There are 2 "Forced Entry" cards in the villain deck. Roughly an 11% chance to draw them.

*About Ultimate Target? Wouldn't Chrono Ranger be able to use a power because of he was damaged earlier?*

Spite would also heal every round as he attacks one of us. So i think it would be better if we can damage him more than he can heal. That way the round/time would not be wasted?

So far, Tempest , Chrono Ranger and Wraith have good attacks. Tempest and Wraith have good defensive cards as well. Wraith also has that limited deck control, so we can see what's coming up next. Guise and Setback have 1 card each to destroy an ongoing or an environment card.

Another good option is to reduce the amount of damage Spite could do. Like what Shielding Winds and Smoke Bombs do. That would also lower the amount of damage he can heal.

As far as i can tell, there is only 1 card that can somewhat stop our ongoing or equipment cards. And its a drug card. But it only returns them to the players hand i think. So building a good amount of ongoings early could help. (But of course i have a few cards like "Whoops Sorry" that can destroy our ongoing/equipment cards too. So i have to be careful using my Risk power.)

HarryTrotter

Ok.
I play Shielding Winds,use my power and draw a card.
(should we play the top card of his deck at the start of Env. turn?)
Jon Farmer

Outcast

If we want to save the "Good Samaritan" we probably should. Ideally i think it would be best to try and save every victim out there. Because every time Spite destroys a victim card he gains (H)-<number of heroes in play> HP. That's 5 HP if all 5 of us are still standing.

I'm not quite sure about the Safe House though. Once Spite puts all 5 of his drugs in play and flips into his drug wracked monstronsity, i'm not sure how indestructible the Safe House would be. Would it get destroyed? Since it's in play? Will the victims be destroyed too? Thereby healing Spite?

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Outcast on September 10, 2015, 08:57:16 AM
I'm not quite sure about the Safe House though. Once Spite puts all 5 of his drugs in play and flips into his drug wracked monstronsity, i'm not sure how indestructible the Safe House would be. Would it get destroyed? Since it's in play? Will the victims be destroyed too? Thereby healing Spite?
The Safe House and all the cards under it is indistructible.  It can't ever be destroyed period.  When he flips he takes damage based on the number of Victim cards saved and that is it.  He stops playing cards at that point, so no more Victims come up and no more can die.

And yes, I forgot about Chrono-Rangers interupt attack.  Since he only has one power and only 1 target I will assume he shoots Spite for the sake of time.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Tempest draws
Spoiler

Aquatic Correspondence: One-Shot--Draw 3 cards.

It is now Guise's turn.

Villain Ongoing Effects
Whenever Spite deals a target 4 or more damage, destroy a Victim.(Collateral Damage)

Hero Ongoing Effects
Damage dealt by Tempest to the Villain target with the highest HP is increased by 2.
Whenever a Hero would take 5 or more damage, reduce that damage by 2.(Shielding Winds)

Spoiler

Transhuman Serial Killer
At the start of the Villain turn, if there are 5 Drug cards in play, flip Spite's Villain Character card. When Spite deals Damage, he regains that much HP.At the end of the Villain turn, play the top card of the Villain deck. Then, Spite deals the Hero Target with the highest HP (H) minus 1 Energy Damage.

Drug-Wracked Monstrosity
When Spite's Villain Character card is flipped to this side, destroy all Villain cards in play other than Drugs and Spite's Villain Character card.Whenever a Villain card would be played, instead Spite deal each Hero Target other than the Hero Target with the lowest HP 1 Projectile Damage.
HP: 64/80
-Good Samaritan--Victim

Spoiler

Good Samaritan: Victim--At the start of the Environment turn, the Players may choose to play the top card of the Villain deck. If they do, put this card under the Safe House card. When this card is destroyed, Spite regains (H) HP.
Collateral Damage: Ongoing--When this card enters play, destroy a Victim card. Whenever Spite deals a Target 4 or more Damage at once, destroy a Victim card.
Safe House: When this card enters play, reveal cards from the top of the Villain deck until a Victim card is revealed. Put it into play. Shuffle the rest of the revealed cards back into the Villain deck. When Spite flips to his "Drug-Wracked Monstrosity" side, he deals himself X Toxic Damage, where X = the number of cards under this card times 5. This card and cards under this card are indestructible. Cards under this card have no text.

Available Powers

Spoiler

Into the Stratosphere: One-Shot--Select 1 non-indestructible Villain card in play, other than a Character card, and put it on top of the Villain deck. Tempest deals the Villain Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage.
In Play: 2
-Shielding Winds--Ongoing, Limited
Spoiler

Shielding Winds:Ongoing, Limited--Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt 5 or more Damage from a single source, reduce that Damage by 2.
Gene-Bound Shackles: Equipment, Limited--Increase Damage dealt by Tempest to the Villain Target with the highest HP by 2.

Available Powers:
Tough Choices: Draw a card or play a card. How to choose?! Also, Guise deals 1 target 1 melee damage. But Who?!

Spoiler

I Can Do That, Too!: One-shot--Guise uses a power printed on an active hero character card in play. If that power has the name of a hero in it, treat that name as if it were Guise instead.
Total Beefcake:Ongoing, Limited--Who would want to hurt such a beauty? The first time Guise would be dealt damage each turn, redirect that damage to the non-hero target with the lowest HP. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Retcon: One-shot--Destroy 1 ongoing or environment card. Awesome! I'm a great hero. You may draw a card or play a card.
Spoiler

Available Powers

Spoiler

Hunter and Hunted: Ongoing, Limited--Increase Damage dealt to and by Chrono-Ranger by the number of Bounty cards in play. Power: Destroy this card.
Danny-Boy: Equipment--Power: Chrono-Ranger deals up to X Targets 2 Fire Damage each, where X = the number of Bounty cards in play.
Displaced Armory: One-Shot--Search your deck or trash for an Equipment card and put it into play. If you searched your deck, shuffle your deck.Chrono-Ranger may deal 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage.
"Just Doin' My Job": One-Shot--Each Player may discard 1 card. Draw X cards, where X = the number of cards discarded this way. Chrono-Ranger may deal 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage.
Spoiler

"The Ultimate Target": Ongoing, Bounty--Play this card next to a non-Hero Target. Increase Damage dealt by Chrono-Ranger to that Target by 1. The first time that Target deals Damage each turn, you may use a Power.

Spoiler

Compounded Bow: Equipment--Power: Chrono-Ranger deals 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage and 1 Damage of a type of your choice.
Jim's Hat: Equipment--You may play an additional card during your play phase.At the start of your turn, you may destroy a Bounty card.
The Masadah: Equipment--Power: Chrono-Ranger deals 1 Target X Irreducible Energy Damage, where X = the number of Bounty cards in play.
Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower: Equipment--Power: Chrono-Ranger deals 1 Target 1 Toxic Damage. Reduce Damage dealt by that Target by 1 until the start of your next turn.
Temporal Grenade: Equipment--Power: Chrono-Ranger deals up to 3 Targets 1 Energy Damage each. You may destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card. Destroy this card.

Spoiler

"By Any Means": Ongoing, Bounty--Play this card next to a non-Hero Target. Increase Damage dealt to that Target by 1. When that Target leaves play, destroy this card.
"Dead or Alive": Ongoing, Bounty--Play this card next to a non-Hero Target. At the start of your turn, Chrono-Ranger regains 1 HP. When that Target leaves play, draw 1 card and destroy this card.
"Kill on Sight": Ongoing, Bounty--Play this card next to a non-Hero Target. When that Target leaves play, draw 3 cards and destroy this card.
"No Executions": Ongoing, Bounty--Play this card next to a non-Character card Target. When that target would be destroyed, put it on the bottom of its deck instead. Then destroy this card.
"The Whole Gang": Ongoing, Bounty--Play this card next to a non-Hero Target. When that Target leaves play, you may destroy a Target with 4 or fewer HP. Then, destroy this card.

Available Powers

Spoiler

Plucky Break   : One-Shot--Remove 2 Tokens from your Unlucky Pool. If you do, draw 1 card and Setback deals 1 target 2 Melee Damage. If there are zero Tokens in your Unlucky Pool, Setback regains 3 HP.
Cause and Effect: One-Shot--You may destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card. Setback deals 1 Target and himself as much Psychic Damage as there are Tokens in your Unlucky Pool.
Uncharmed Life: Ongoing--When a Hero Target would be dealt Damage, you may remove 2 Tokens from your Unlucky Pool to redirect that Damage to Setback. Power: Setback regains 3 HP. Destroy this card.
Reckless Rush: One-Shot--Setback deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. Setback deals himself 2 Melee Damage. Add 2 Tokens to your Unlucky Pool
Spoiler

Available Powers

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Razor Ordinance: Equipment, Limited--Power: The Wraith deals 1 Target 3 Projectile Damage.
Throwing Knives:Equipment, Limited--Power: The Wraith deals up to 3 Targets 1 Projectile Damage each.
Stun Bolt: Equipment--Power: The Wraith deals 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage. Until the start of your next turn, reduce all Damage dealt by that Target by 1.
Micro Targeting Computer:Equipment, Limited--Increase Projectile Damage dealt by The Wraith by 2.

Blighted Streets

Spoiler

Blighted Streets: Increase Damage dealt to Hero Targets by 1. At the end of each Hero's turn, if that Hero dealt no Damage this turn, their Player may discard 2 cards to destroy this card. When this card is destroyed, play the top card of the Villain deck.

Outcast

That's good to know about the Safe House being indestructible from Spite's flip side.

Now that Shielding Winds is in play, Blighted Streets is actually helping us have Spite's damage up by 5 or more thereby reducing his damage to 2. Although Spite does have a few cards that destroys Environment cards too. So i figure it won't last that long anyway.

So when all Spite's cards have been used up from his deck, it won't get reshuffled back? That's kind of unique compared to the other decks. Although there are still one-shots they don't really do much i guess.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Outcast on September 10, 2015, 09:28:55 AM
So when all Spite's cards have been used up from his deck, it won't get reshuffled back? That's kind of unique compared to the other decks. Although there are still one-shots they don't really do much i guess.

Technically, yes, they would get reshuffled back.  Once all 5 drugs are played and he flips, however, he stops playing cards at all.  It's definitely possible for this to happen after the deck has been reshuffled, as there are ways to discard a card without playing it.  It does not happen very often though.

Deaths Jester

Not a lot I can do this round, so I'll play Guise the Barbarian, hit Spite, and draw 2 cards to end my turn.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

catwhowalksbyhimself

You draw
Spoiler

Lemme See That ...   : Ongoing, Limited--Play this card by an equipment card. That card affects Guise as if the hero name on that card were Guise and "You" on that card means Guise's player. At the start of your turn, play air guitar and destroy this card.
Selling Out: Ongoing, Limited--Gotta have all the best swag. At the end of the environment turn, you may discard 1 card. You may play up to 3 cards that share a keyword with the discarded card. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.

It is now Chrono-Ranger's turn

Villain Ongoing Effects

Hero Ongoing Effects
Whenever a Hero would take 5 or more damage, reduce that damage by 2.(Shielding Winds)

Spoiler

Transhuman Serial Killer

Drug-Wracked Monstrosity
HP: 60/80
-Good Samaritan--Victim

Spoiler

Available Powers

Spoiler

Spoiler

Available Powers:

Deck: 31
Spoiler

Lemme See That ...   : Ongoing, Limited--Play this card by an equipment card. That card affects Guise as if the hero name on that card were Guise and "You" on that card means Guise's player. At the start of your turn, play air guitar and destroy this card.
Selling Out: Ongoing, Limited--Gotta have all the best swag. At the end of the environment turn, you may discard 1 card. You may play up to 3 cards that share a keyword with the discarded card. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
-Guise the Barbarian--Ongoing, Limited

Spoiler

Available Powers

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Available Powers

Spoiler

Spoiler

Available Powers

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Blighted Streets

Spoiler

Outcast

I may regret correcting this later on, seeing it is to our advantage :P but..

The bounty "Ultimate Target" only increases Chrono-Ranger's attacks.

If it were the bounty "By Any Means", then that will increase everyone's attacks.

I'm beginning to have second thoughts about leaving the environment in play. Although it will help us reduce Spite's attack while it's there, there are 3 Lab Raid cards in Spite's deck that destroys environment cards. The more environment cards he destroys, the more drugs he can bring in play.  Still...if we destroy Blighted Streets, it will play the top card of Spite's deck anyway. So i guess there's no avoiding it?

Maybe we should just concentrate on building our equipment and ongoings for attacks and damage reduction as well as healing.

Chrono Ranger has 2 weapons that i think could be helpful. The one with the damage reduction pretty much like Wraith's Stun bolts. The other one deals irreducible damage and gets stronger the more bounty is in play. That can be really useful against the drug that provides Spite a damage reduction of (3) i believe.

Guise's ongoings can be very useful too once Spite's drug that returns ongoings and equipments come into play. They can draw attention away from the other teammate's ongoings/equipments. At the same time, save themselves from getting destroyed so Guise can continue using them a number of times. Spite's drug can return up to 3 ongoings, so we would need more than 3 in play, and 3 ongoings/equipement to act as decoys?

Also saving the Good Samaritan, will give him a chance to play a card from his deck. More deck draws means more chances for him to bring his drugs into play that much quicker/faster.

Not sure if i want Forced Entry to come into the game early, so we won't have to worry about it later.

I guess a good sequence for his deck to play would be, the first 2 "Forced Entry" first, followed by the "victims", followed by either "lab raid"/"drug" cards.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Yeah, I get those two Bounties mixed up a lot.  I will re-adjust his HP after Chrono takes his turn.

Reepicheep

While I don't want to force the hand of the other two yet to play, i have very few powers that won't cause damage. If that weren't the case, i'd play in such a way that allows me to destroy the environment card.

That said, i'll play displaced armory to draw compound bow and shoot Spite with it. I'm assuming the two damage types don't count as different attacks, doing 3 damage, plus the attack from displaced armory for a total of 5. The other damage type would be another projectile, I guess.

For now, whenever Spite deals damage, you can assume I use compound bow.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Reepicheep on September 11, 2015, 06:31:35 PM
While I don't want to force the hand of the other two yet to play, i have very few powers that won't cause damage. If that weren't the case, i'd play in such a way that allows me to destroy the environment card.

That said, i'll play displaced armory to draw compound bow and shoot Spite with it. I'm assuming the two damage types don't count as different attacks, doing 3 damage, plus the attack from displaced armory for a total of 5. The other damage type would be another projectile, I guess.

For now, whenever Spite deals damage, you can assume I use compound bow.

You are incorrect.  Each is a separate instance of damage and all bonuses apply separately, so the bow deals 2 and 2 damage.  With the other damage booster bounty it goes up to 3 and 3.  With Hunter and Hunted and those two bounties, it becomes 5 and 5.  See the possiblities?

catwhowalksbyhimself

You draw
Spoiler

This makes it Setback's turn.

Villain Ongoing Effects

Hero Ongoing Effects

Spoiler

Transhuman Serial Killer

Drug-Wracked Monstrosity
HP: 57/80
-Good Samaritan--Victim

Spoiler

Available Powers

Spoiler

Spoiler

Available Powers:

Spoiler

-Guise the Barbarian--Ongoing, Limited

Spoiler

Available Powers

Spoiler

-Compounded Bow--Equipmenty
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Available Powers

Spoiler

Spoiler

Available Powers

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Blighted Streets

Spoiler

Outcast

I take it Reepicheep wants the Environment card Blighted Streets destroyed this round? If i do, the top villain card will be played and Shielding Winds won't be able to reduce Spite's attack. Technically, the damage reduction is only 1 though so. There is this Environment Card i wanted to save it for.."Scum and Villany" which deals 4 damage to each Hero. But seeing as the others have the cards to deal with it should it be played..i think it's ok. Destroying Blighted Streets can be good should "Lab Raid" pop up though.

So..just want to ask the others input first.

Do you guys want me to destroy Blighted Streets? I'll use Cause and Effect. Would have been nice if i had more tokens in my unlucky pool to deal Spite (including myself) more damage.

And are you guys up for saving the "Good Samaritan" later on? Next top card of the Villain deck will be played once again.

Reepicheep

Oh, if you don't think the environment is worth clearing away, then cool. Business as usual. I also have an environment busting card now.

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

Outcast

Ok on second thought. If Toxic Sludge were to come up next in the Environment then we will end up with lots of damage anyway.

I'll go on and destroy Blighted Streets, using cause and effect. Then use my Risk power to add a Token to my unlucky pool, and hopefully draw/play a card that's useful.

Draw a card to end my turn.

Fingers crossed the Villain deck doesn't play something i'll regret. :rolleyes:

catwhowalksbyhimself

Blighted Streets plays Forced Entry: One-Shot--Put all cards under the Safe House card into play. Destroy a Victim card.

Innocent Bystander is back in play.

Who dies, the Samaritan, or the Bystander?

HarryTrotter

I suggest Bystander,since Samaritan would be easier to save.I think.
Jon Farmer

Deaths Jester

Actually, I say dunk Samaritan, that way we don't have to play the top card of the villain's deck to save him...the bystander you just toss 2 cards to save..much easier.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Outcast

Quote from: Deaths Jester on September 13, 2015, 06:11:25 PM
Actually, I say dunk Samaritan, that way we don't have to play the top card of the villain's deck to save him...the bystander you just toss 2 cards to save..much easier.

I think the bystander requires you to toss 3 cards. If we want to save the bystander before Spite has another chance of killing a victim next round. Wraith would be more in a position to save the victim faster. But seeing that most of her cards are pretty good cards, i'm not so sure it would be that easy to give them up.

Maybe we should just let them both (victims) die.  :P   :gnimad

But that would heal Spite a total of 10HP.  Saving the Good Samaritan seems the lesser evil to me i dunno.

But again if the top villain card is a victim card. It's as good as dead when Spite deals one of us 4HP damage during his turn.

Right now, there's a 30% chance its another victim card, 30% chance it's one of Spite's drugs, 17% chance it's a Lab Raid (destroys environment and searches deck for drugs), 11% chance it's On the Prowl (kills any victim in play, then searches for a victim card to play), 12% chance it's another Forced Entry or Collateral Damage.

If we save the Good Samaritan, this give Spite an extra draw before it's our turn again. Maybe i should have destroyed Spite's Ongoing Collateral Damage.

Outcast

As Spite forcefully enters to where the Innocent Bystander is hiding, the Good Samaritan offers the team to distract the villain so they can try and save the innocent bystander later. Setback and Tempest thinks it's too risky for the Good Samaritan.

Meanwhile Wraith who is nearest the Innocent Bystander, seems to have dropped a few of her equipment/gadgets on the ground.  Guise calls out to Wraith, "Wraith! Just pick up the ones you need and go back for the rest later."   But Wraith knows that if she leaves them there, Spite will see them and destroy them.

Setback can only wait on what Wraith will decide. He looks to the ever silent and enigmatic Chrono Ranger for help. Although he doesn't really know what this guy is thinking, he is grateful that the bounty hunter is there. Ever ready to strike back at Spite before the villain can heal himself much.

:P

Reepicheep

Chrono-Ranger was trying to work out if he left the milk out of the fridge or not. He could always go back in time to before he took the milk out and put it back in the fridge. But is that an abuse of his powers? Would he run into himself making a cup of tea? You gotta think about these things. Paradoxes happen easily, man. But then, it's not like he would have any trouble getting more milk. He just hates the thought of wasting good milk. Some poor dairy farmer works his arse off to make a living, and Chrono Ranger would just be throwing it down the sink. But then, the farmers already been paid and everything, so what are the moral implications here? Chrono Ranger just doesn't want to live in an excess society where he can throw milk away and get more just because of his own irresponsibilities. Can you compost milk? Why was Setback watching him?

I'd suggest saving the Samaritan, though it's really up to Glitchy. It's still early game and an extra draw from Spite can't possibly be devastating. But if Glitch decides to avoid that and is happy to drop three cards, then Bystander it is.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I believe the consensus here is to leave the final decision up to Glitch Girl, am I right?

What say you, Glitchy?

Glitch Girl

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Outcast

But you don't have to drop 3 cards if you don't want to Glitch Girl. Unless you don't want to save the Good Samaritan because of it entailing to play a card from the Villain deck.

For me, i just wanted to know her thoughts on the matter really. To see if most of us agree on what action would be best. But i'm ok to let Glitch Girl decide.

Setback notices Chrono Ranger deep in thought. "We sure are lucky. He must be thinking of a brilliant strategy right now to defeat Spite." Setback thinks to himself.  Yet he can't help but wonder what that milk carton is doing from underneath the bounty hunter's jacket.  :blink: But his thoughts are quickly interrupted when the Good Samaritan,in his desire to save the innocent bystander, says "Don't worry i'll save him (or is it her)." And without a second thought runs towards the bystander. Now the heroes need to save them both, but they know they can only save one. The only question now is who.

I just thought of another scenario for Wraith losing some of her equipment. When she tries saving the bystander, Spite could have partially hit/nick/scratch Wraith's utility belt spilling some of her equipment.  :doh:

catwhowalksbyhimself

Alright, now I'm more confused then ever what you all actually want to do, so I'm officially calling for a vote, because this keeps dragging on for days and going no where fast.

Vote for who dies, the Samaritan or the Bystander.  First to 3 votes "wins."