News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sentinels of the Multiverse Game 8

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, August 20, 2015, 01:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glitch Girl

Quote from: Reepicheep on October 10, 2015, 11:18:53 AM
Shall we agree now that we're saving the good samaritan at the start of the environment's turn?

Man, that last round really messed with my predictions. We've gone from having this game in the bag to being kinda screwed. Can Spite be flipped back from drug-wracked monstrosity?

I'm not sure but I don't think so since all the drug cards are indestructible.  I did send one of his drugs to the bottom of the deck last round so we may have some time, but yeah it's gotten ugly.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Reepicheep on October 10, 2015, 11:18:53 AM
Shall we agree now that we're saving the good samaritan at the start of the environment's turn?

Man, that last round really messed with my predictions. We've gone from having this game in the bag to being kinda screwed. Can Spite be flipped back from drug-wracked monstrosity?

No you can't, but it might actually be better at this point because

1. He stops healing
2. He takes damage from the rescued Victims
3. He stops doing damage to the highest and does 1 point to everyone but the lowest whenever he'd normally play a card instead.

This is by far the slowest I've ever seen his drugs come out by the way.  There are three copies of a card that can potentially bring them all out at once and all of them are still in his deck.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Chrono can snipe him again if he wants.  Damage reduction is gone until next hero's turn.

Reepicheep

I'll leave it for now - I'm going to play another bounty to increase my shots from 4 to 6, so I'll save my remaining HP for when I can hit even harder.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Tempest draws

Spoiler
Into the Stratosphere: One-Shot--Select 1 non-indestructible Villain card in play, other than a Character card, and put it on top of the Villain deck. Tempest deals the Villain Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage.

It is now Guise's turn

Villain Ongoing Effects
When Spite deals damage, he regains that much HP.(Spite)
At the End of the Villain turn, destroy on Environment cards, then deals each hero target X damage, where X is the number of Environment cards destroyed.(Mynd-Phyre)
Whenever a Hero uses a Power, Spite deals them 2 Toxic Damage and that Hero's Player discards the top 5 cards of their deck.(PL626 Compound XI)
The first time per turn Spite is damaged, reduce that damage by 3.(PL602 Compound Omicron)
Spite's damage is increased by 1.(PL531 Compound Upsilon)

Hero Ongoing Effects
Damage dealt by Tempest to the Villain target with the highest HP is increased by 2.
Damage dealt by Chrono-Ranger to Spite is increased by 1.(The Ultimate Target)
Wraith may use an additional power on her turn.(Utility Belt)
Whenever a Hero would take 5 or more damage, reduce that damage by 2.(Shielding Winds)
Reduce damage dealt by Environment cards by 1(Mega Computer)
All Projectile damage deal by Wraith is increase by 2.(Mircro Targeting Computer)
Damage dealt by Spite is reduced by 1(Stun Bolt)

Environment Ongoing Effects
Damage dealt to Hero targets is increased by 1(Blighted Streets)

Side: Transhuman Serial Killer
Spoiler

Transhuman Serial Killer
At the start of the Villain turn, if there are 5 Drug cards in play, flip Spite's Villain Character card. When Spite deals Damage, he regains that much HP.At the end of the Villain turn, play the top card of the Villain deck. Then, Spite deals the Hero Target with the highest HP (H) minus 1 Energy Damage.

Drug-Wracked Monstrosity
When Spite's Villain Character card is flipped to this side, destroy all Villain cards in play other than Drugs and Spite's Villain Character card.Whenever a Villain card would be played, instead Spite deal each Hero Target other than the Hero Target with the lowest HP 1 Projectile Damage.
HP: 23/80
Deck: 10
Trash: 6
In Play: 6
-Safe House--3 Victims Saved
-Good Samaritan--Victim
-Mynd-Phyre--Drug
-PL626 Compound XI--Drug
-PL602 Compound Omicron--Drug
-PL531 Compound Upsilon--Drug

Spoiler

PL531 Compound Upsilon: Drug--Increase Damage dealt by Spite by 1. At the start of the Villain Turn, put (H) minus 2 Hero Ongoing and/or Equipment cards back into their Player's hand. This card is indestructible. If this card would be put into the trash, put it into play instead.
PL602 Compound Omicron: Drug--The first time Spite would be dealt Damage each turn, reduce that Damage by (H) minus 2. This card is indestructible. If this card would be put into the trash, put it into play instead.
PL626 Compound XI:Drug--Whenever a Hero uses a Power, Spite deals them 2 Toxic Damage and that Hero's Player discards the top 5 cards of their deck. This card is indestructible. If this card would be put into the trash, put it into play instead.
"Mynd-Phyre":Drug--At the end of the Villain turn, destroy all Environment cards. Spite deals each Hero Target X Psychic Damage, where X = the number of Environment cards destroyed this way. This card is indestructible. If this card would be put into the trash, put it into play instead.
Good Samaritan: Victim--At the start of the Environment turn, the Players may choose to play the top card of the Villain deck. If they do, put this card under the Safe House card. When this card is destroyed, Spite regains (H) HP.
Safe House: When this card enters play, reveal cards from the top of the Villain deck until a Victim card is revealed. Put it into play. Shuffle the rest of the revealed cards back into the Villain deck. When Spite flips to his "Drug-Wracked Monstrosity" side, he deals himself X Toxic Damage, where X = the number of cards under this card times 5. This card and cards under this card are indestructible. Cards under this card have no text.

HP: 20/26

Available Powers
Squall: Tempest deals all non-Hero Targets 1 Projectile Damage.

Deck: 28
Hand: 3
Spoiler

Into the Stratosphere: One-Shot--Select 1 non-indestructible Villain card in play, other than a Character card, and put it on top of the Villain deck. Tempest deals the Villain Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage.
Chain Lightning:One-Shot--Tempest deals 1 Target 4 Lightning Damage. Tempest may deal a second Target 3 Lightning Damage. Tempest may deal a third Target 2 Lightning Damage.
Trash: 9
In Play: 2
-Gene-Bound Shackles--Equipment, Limited
-Shielding Winds--Ongoing, Limited
Spoiler

Shielding Winds:Ongoing, Limited--Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt 5 or more Damage from a single source, reduce that Damage by 2.
Gene-Bound Shackles: Equipment, Limited--Increase Damage dealt by Tempest to the Villain Target with the highest HP by 2.

HP: 22/27
Available Powers:
Tough Choices: Draw a card or play a card. How to choose?! Also, Guise deals 1 target 1 melee damage. But Who?!

Deck: 27
Hand: 7
Spoiler

Super Ultra Kawaii!!   : Ongoing, Limited--I'm not just a hero, I'm a magical love prince! At the end of each Hero turn, if you have more than H cards in your hand, you may play a card.At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Retcon: One-shot--Destroy 1 ongoing or environment card. Awesome! I'm a great hero. You may draw a card or play a card.
Uh, Yeah, I'm That Guy!: Ongoing, Limited--When this card enters play, give another player a high-five. If you do, treat this card as if it had the game text of every ongoing card in that player's play area, replacing their hero's name with Guise. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Say Cheese!: One-shot--Guise deals 1 target 1 cold damage. Then, if that target is still in play and has 5 or fewer HP, you may play 1 card.
X-treeeeeeeeme!!!: Ongoing, Limited--It's hard to tell if I'm the most awesome, or the most extreme. Probably both.Damage dealt by Guise is irreducible and cannot be redirected. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Lemme See That ...   : Ongoing, Limited--Play this card by an equipment card. That card affects Guise as if the hero name on that card were Guise and "You" on that card means Guise's player. At the start of your turn, play air guitar and destroy this card.
Selling Out: Ongoing, Limited--Gotta have all the best swag. At the end of the environment turn, you may discard 1 card. You may play up to 3 cards that share a keyword with the discarded card. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
I Can Do That, Too!: One-shot--Guise uses a power printed on an active hero character card in play. If that power has the name of a hero in it, treat that name as if it were Guise instead.
Guise The Barbarian: Ongoing, Limited--I am mighty and fearsome, like the fabled alpaca! Increase damage dealt by Guise by 2. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Trash: 4
In Play: 1
-Total Beefcake--Ongoing, Limited

Spoiler

Total Beefcake:Ongoing, Limited--Who would want to hurt such a beauty? The first time Guise would be dealt damage each turn, redirect that damage to the non-hero target with the lowest HP. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.

HP: 11/28

Available Powers
Quick Shot: Chrono-Ranger deals 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage.

Deck: 29
Spoiler

Sudden Contract: One-Shot--Search your deck for a Bounty card and put it into play. Shuffle your deck. Chrono-Ranger may deal 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage.
"Dead or Alive": Ongoing, Bounty--Play this card next to a non-Hero Target. At the start of your turn, Chrono-Ranger regains a HP. When that Target leaves play, draw 1 card and destroy this card.
Temporal Grenade: Equipment--Power: Chrono-Ranger deals up to 3 Targets 1 Energy Damage each. You may destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card. Destroy this card.
Trash: 5
In Play: 4
-Jim's Hat--Equipment
-The Ultimate Target--Ongoing, Bounty
-Compounded Bow--Equipment
-Temporal Grenade--Equipment

Spoiler

Jim's Hat: Equipment--You may play an additional card during your play phase.At the start of your turn, you may destroy a Bounty card.
Temporal Grenade: Equipment--Power: Chrono-Ranger deals up to 3 Targets 1 Energy Damage each. You may destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card. Destroy this card.
Compounded Bow: Equipment--Power: Chrono-Ranger deals 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage and 1 Damage of a type of your choice.
"The Ultimate Target": Ongoing, Bounty--Play this card next to a non-Hero Target. Increase Damage dealt by Chrono-Ranger to that Target by 1. The first time that Target deals Damage each turn, you may use a Power.

All Equipment in your deck
Spoiler

The Masadah: Equipment--Power: Chrono-Ranger deals 1 Target X Irreducible Energy Damage, where X = the number of Bounty cards in play.
Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower: Equipment--Power: Chrono-Ranger deals 1 Target 1 Toxic Damage. Reduce Damage dealt by that Target by 1 until the start of your next turn.

All Bounties in your deck
Spoiler

"By Any Means": Ongoing, Bounty--Play this card next to a non-Hero Target. Increase Damage dealt to that Target by 1. When that Target leaves play, destroy this card.
"No Executions": Ongoing, Bounty--Play this card next to a non-Character card Target. When that target would be destroyed, put it on the bottom of its deck instead. Then destroy this card.

HP: 13/31

Available Powers
Risk: Add 1 Token to your Unlucky Pool. Play the top card of your deck.
Unlucky Pool: 4

Hand: 6
Spoiler

High Risk Behavior: Ongoing--Increase Damage dealt to and by Setback to and by Villain Targets by 1 for every 3 Tokens in your Unlucky Pool. At the start of your turn, you may add or remove 1 Token from your Unlucky Pool.
Exceeded Expectations: One-Shot--Remove any number of Tokens from your Unlucky Pool. Setback deals that many Targets 3 Melee Damage each.
"Whoops! Sorry!": One-Shot--Destroy 1 non-Character card belonging to another Hero. You may destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card .Add or remove 3 Tokens from your Unlucky Pool.
Karmic Retribution: One-Shot--If you have fewer than 7 Tokens in your Unlucky Pool, remove 1 of them. If you do, Setback regains 2 HP. If you have 7 or more Tokens in your Unlucky Pool, remove 7 of them and Setback deals 1 Target 7 Melee Damage.
Plucky Break   : One-Shot--Remove 2 Tokens from your Unlucky Pool. If you do, draw 1 card and Setback deals 1 target 2 Melee Damage. If there are zero Tokens in your Unlucky Pool, Setback regains 3 HP.
Uncharmed Life: Ongoing--When a Hero Target would be dealt Damage, you may remove 2 Tokens from your Unlucky Pool to redirect that Damage to Setback. Power: Setback regains 3 HP. Destroy this card.
-Looking Up--Ongoing

Spoiler

Looking Up: Ongoing--Power: Add 3 Tokens to your Unlucky Pool. Setback deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage. At the start of your turn, if you have 10 or more Tokens, Setback deals himself 3 Psychic damage

HP: 15/26

Available Powers
Stealth: Reduce the next Damage that would be dealt to The Wraith by 2.

Spoiler

Stun Bolt: Equipment--Power: The Wraith deals 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage. Until the start of your next turn, reduce all Damage dealt by that Target by 1.
Trust Fund: One-Shot--Draw 4 cards, then discard 2 cards.
Razor Ordinance: Equipment, Limited--Power: The Wraith deals 1 Target 3 Projectile Damage.
Infrared Eyepiece: Equipment, Limited--Power: Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck. Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom. Draw a card.
Grappling Hook: One-Shot--Destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card. You may draw a card.
Smoke Bombs: Equipment, Limited--Whenever a Villain card would deal Damage to the Hero Target with the lowest HP, redirect that Damage to the Hero Target with the highest HP. Reduce Damage redirected this way by 1.
Micro Targeting Computer:Equipment,Limited--Increase Projectile Damage dealt by The Wraith by 2.
Smoke Bombs: Equipment, Limited--Whenever a Villain card would deal Damage to the Hero Target with the lowest HP, redirect that Damage to the Hero Target with the highest HP. Reduce Damage redirected this way by 1.
Trash: 1
In Play: 5
-Utility Belt--Equipment, Limited
-Infrared Eyepiece--Equipment, Limited
-Mega Computer--Equipment
-Micro Targeting Computer--Equipment, Limited
-Stun Bolt--Equipment

Spoiler

Stun Bolt: Equipment--Power: The Wraith deals 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage. Until the start of your next turn, reduce all Damage dealt by that Target by 1.
Micro Targeting Computer:Equipment,Limited--Increase Projectile Damage dealt by The Wraith by 2.
Infrared Eyepiece: Equipment, Limited--Power: Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck. Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom. Draw a card.
Mega Computer:Equipment--Reduce Damage dealt by Environment cards by 1.
Utility Belt: Equipment, Limited--You may use an additional power during your power phase.

Spoiler

Utility Belt: Equipment, Limited--You may use an additional power during your power phase.
Razor Ordinance: Equipment, Limited--Power: The Wraith deals 1 Target 3 Projectile Damage.
Throwing Knives:Equipment, Limited--Power: The Wraith deals up to 3 Targets 1 Projectile Damage each.
Micro Targeting Computer:Equipment, Limited--Increase Projectile Damage dealt by The Wraith by 2.

Deck: 12
Trash: 3
In Play: 0

Spoiler

Deaths Jester

I'll just draw 2 cards and end my turn...don't really see a good combo or card to play this turn...
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

catwhowalksbyhimself

You draw
Spoiler

Best Card Ever!: One-Shot--Draw 2 Cards!Guise deals 1 target 2 melee damage! Guise regains 1 HP! If you throw your hands in the air and yell, "Woo!" you may play a card.
Look What I Found!: One-shot--Guise deals 1 target 3 melee damage. Is that target still around? You should do more damage next time. If that target is still in play, increase the next damage dealt by Guise by 1.

It is now Chrono-Ranger's turn

Villain Ongoing Effects
At the End of the Villain turn, destroy on Environment cards, then deals each hero target X damage, where X is the number of Environment cards destroyed.(Mynd-Phyre)
Whenever a Hero uses a Power, Spite deals them 2 Toxic Damage and that Hero's Player discards the top 5 cards of their deck.(PL626 Compound XI)
The first time per turn Spite is damaged, reduce that damage by 3.(PL602 Compound Omicron)

Hero Ongoing Effects
Damage dealt by Tempest to the Villain target with the highest HP is increased by 2.
Whenever a Hero would take 5 or more damage, reduce that damage by 2.(Shielding Winds)
All Projectile damage deal by Wraith is increase by 2.(Mircro Targeting Computer)

Spoiler

Transhuman Serial Killer
At the start of the Villain turn, if there are 5 Drug cards in play, flip Spite's Villain Character card. When Spite deals Damage, he regains that much HP.At the end of the Villain turn, play the top card of the Villain deck. Then, Spite deals the Hero Target with the highest HP (H) minus 1 Energy Damage.

Drug-Wracked Monstrosity
When Spite's Villain Character card is flipped to this side, destroy all Villain cards in play other than Drugs and Spite's Villain Character card.Whenever a Villain card would be played, instead Spite deal each Hero Target other than the Hero Target with the lowest HP 1 Projectile Damage.
HP: 23/80
-Good Samaritan--Victim
-Mynd-Phyre--Drug
-PL626 Compound XI--Drug

Spoiler

PL531 Compound Upsilon: Drug--Increase Damage dealt by Spite by 1. At the start of the Villain Turn, put (H) minus 2 Hero Ongoing and/or Equipment cards back into their Player's hand. This card is indestructible. If this card would be put into the trash, put it into play instead.
PL602 Compound Omicron: Drug--The first time Spite would be dealt Damage each turn, reduce that Damage by (H) minus 2. This card is indestructible. If this card would be put into the trash, put it into play instead.
PL626 Compound XI:Drug--Whenever a Hero uses a Power, Spite deals them 2 Toxic Damage and that Hero's Player discards the top 5 cards of their deck. This card is indestructible. If this card would be put into the trash, put it into play instead.
"Mynd-Phyre":Drug--At the end of the Villain turn, destroy all Environment cards. Spite deals each Hero Target X Psychic Damage, where X = the number of Environment cards destroyed this way. This card is indestructible. If this card would be put into the trash, put it into play instead.
Good Samaritan: Victim--At the start of the Environment turn, the Players may choose to play the top card of the Villain deck. If they do, put this card under the Safe House card. When this card is destroyed, Spite regains (H) HP.
Safe House: When this card enters play, reveal cards from the top of the Villain deck until a Victim card is revealed. Put it into play. Shuffle the rest of the revealed cards back into the Villain deck. When Spite flips to his "Drug-Wracked Monstrosity" side, he deals himself X Toxic Damage, where X = the number of cards under this card times 5. This card and cards under this card are indestructible. Cards under this card have no text.

Available Powers

Spoiler

Chain Lightning:One-Shot--Tempest deals 1 Target 4 Lightning Damage. Tempest may deal a second Target 3 Lightning Damage. Tempest may deal a third Target 2 Lightning Damage.
Spoiler

Shielding Winds:Ongoing, Limited--Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt 5 or more Damage from a single source, reduce that Damage by 2.
Gene-Bound Shackles: Equipment, Limited--Increase Damage dealt by Tempest to the Villain Target with the highest HP by 2.

Available Powers:
Tough Choices: Draw a card or play a card. How to choose?! Also, Guise deals 1 target 1 melee damage. But Who?!

Deck: 25
Hand: 9
Spoiler

Best Card Ever!: One-Shot--Draw 2 Cards!Guise deals 1 target 2 melee damage! Guise regains 1 HP! If you throw your hands in the air and yell, "Woo!" you may play a card.
Look What I Found!: One-shot--Guise deals 1 target 3 melee damage. Is that target still around? You should do more damage next time. If that target is still in play, increase the next damage dealt by Guise by 1.
Super Ultra Kawaii!!   : Ongoing, Limited--I'm not just a hero, I'm a magical love prince! At the end of each Hero turn, if you have more than H cards in your hand, you may play a card.At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Retcon: One-shot--Destroy 1 ongoing or environment card. Awesome! I'm a great hero. You may draw a card or play a card.
Uh, Yeah, I'm That Guy!: Ongoing, Limited--When this card enters play, give another player a high-five. If you do, treat this card as if it had the game text of every ongoing card in that player's play area, replacing their hero's name with Guise. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Say Cheese!: One-shot--Guise deals 1 target 1 cold damage. Then, if that target is still in play and has 5 or fewer HP, you may play 1 card.
X-treeeeeeeeme!!!: Ongoing, Limited--It's hard to tell if I'm the most awesome, or the most extreme. Probably both.Damage dealt by Guise is irreducible and cannot be redirected. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Lemme See That ...   : Ongoing, Limited--Play this card by an equipment card. That card affects Guise as if the hero name on that card were Guise and "You" on that card means Guise's player. At the start of your turn, play air guitar and destroy this card.
Selling Out: Ongoing, Limited--Gotta have all the best swag. At the end of the environment turn, you may discard 1 card. You may play up to 3 cards that share a keyword with the discarded card. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
I Can Do That, Too!: One-shot--Guise uses a power printed on an active hero character card in play. If that power has the name of a hero in it, treat that name as if it were Guise instead.
Guise The Barbarian: Ongoing, Limited--I am mighty and fearsome, like the fabled alpaca! Increase damage dealt by Guise by 2. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.

Spoiler

Total Beefcake:Ongoing, Limited--Who would want to hurt such a beauty? The first time Guise would be dealt damage each turn, redirect that damage to the non-hero target with the lowest HP. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.

HP: 11/28

Available Powers

Spoiler

Sudden Contract: One-Shot--Search your deck for a Bounty card and put it into play. Shuffle your deck. Chrono-Ranger may deal 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage.
"Dead or Alive": Ongoing, Bounty--Play this card next to a non-Hero Target. At the start of your turn, Chrono-Ranger regains a HP. When that Target leaves play, draw 1 card and destroy this card.
-Jim's Hat--Equipment

Spoiler

Jim's Hat: Equipment--You may play an additional card during your play phase.At the start of your turn, you may destroy a Bounty card.
Compounded Bow: Equipment--Power: Chrono-Ranger deals 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage and 1 Damage of a type of your choice.
"The Ultimate Target": Ongoing, Bounty--Play this card next to a non-Hero Target. Increase Damage dealt by Chrono-Ranger to that Target by 1. The first time that Target deals Damage each turn, you may use a Power.

Spoiler

The Masadah: Equipment--Power: Chrono-Ranger deals 1 Target X Irreducible Energy Damage, where X = the number of Bounty cards in play.
Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower: Equipment--Power: Chrono-Ranger deals 1 Target 1 Toxic Damage. Reduce Damage dealt by that Target by 1 until the start of your next turn.

Spoiler

"By Any Means": Ongoing, Bounty--Play this card next to a non-Hero Target. Increase Damage dealt to that Target by 1. When that Target leaves play, destroy this card.
"No Executions": Ongoing, Bounty--Play this card next to a non-Character card Target. When that target would be destroyed, put it on the bottom of its deck instead. Then destroy this card.

Available Powers

Spoiler

High Risk Behavior: Ongoing--Increase Damage dealt to and by Setback to and by Villain Targets by 1 for every 3 Tokens in your Unlucky Pool. At the start of your turn, you may add or remove 1 Token from your Unlucky Pool.
Exceeded Expectations: One-Shot--Remove any number of Tokens from your Unlucky Pool. Setback deals that many Targets 3 Melee Damage each.
"Whoops! Sorry!": One-Shot--Destroy 1 non-Character card belonging to another Hero. You may destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card .Add or remove 3 Tokens from your Unlucky Pool.
Karmic Retribution: One-Shot--If you have fewer than 7 Tokens in your Unlucky Pool, remove 1 of them. If you do, Setback regains 2 HP. If you have 7 or more Tokens in your Unlucky Pool, remove 7 of them and Setback deals 1 Target 7 Melee Damage.
Plucky Break   : One-Shot--Remove 2 Tokens from your Unlucky Pool. If you do, draw 1 card and Setback deals 1 target 2 Melee Damage. If there are zero Tokens in your Unlucky Pool, Setback regains 3 HP.
Uncharmed Life: Ongoing--When a Hero Target would be dealt Damage, you may remove 2 Tokens from your Unlucky Pool to redirect that Damage to Setback. Power: Setback regains 3 HP. Destroy this card.
-Looking Up--Ongoing

Spoiler

Looking Up: Ongoing--Power: Add 3 Tokens to your Unlucky Pool. Setback deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage. At the start of your turn, if you have 10 or more Tokens, Setback deals himself 3 Psychic damage

Available Powers

Spoiler

Grappling Hook: One-Shot--Destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card. You may draw a card.
-Stun Bolt--Equipment

Spoiler

Spoiler

Throwing Knives:Equipment, Limited--Power: The Wraith deals up to 3 Targets 1 Projectile Damage each.
Micro Targeting Computer:Equipment, Limited--Increase Projectile Damage dealt by The Wraith by 2.

Spoiler

Reepicheep

I'll play sudden contract to put By Any Means into play (shooting Spite for 3 in the process, all reduced) as well as Dead or Alive thanks to Jim's hat. Then I'll shoot Spite with the compound bow for another 6 damage.

catwhowalksbyhimself

You guys are nearly at the point where he'll take himself out when he flips.

You draw
Spoiler

Bounty Board: One-Shot--Move all Bounty cards from your trash into your hand. Chrono-Ranger may deal 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage.

It is now Setback's turn.

Villain Ongoing Effects

Hero Ongoing Effects
Damage dealt to Spite is increased by 1.(By Any Means)

Spoiler

Transhuman Serial Killer

Drug-Wracked Monstrosity
HP: 19/80
-Good Samaritan--Victim
-Mynd-Phyre--Drug
-PL626 Compound XI--Drug

Spoiler

Available Powers

Spoiler

Spoiler

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Spoiler

HP: 9/28

Available Powers

Spoiler

Bounty Board: One-Shot--Move all Bounty cards from your trash into your hand. Chrono-Ranger may deal 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage.
-Jim's Hat--Equipment
-By Any Means--Ongoing, Bounty
-Dead or Alive--Ongoing, Bounty

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Available Powers

Spoiler

-Looking Up--Ongoing

Spoiler

Available Powers

Spoiler

-Stun Bolt--Equipment

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Outcast

I'll play High Risk Behavior then use Looking Up to add 3 tokens to my unlucky pool. Hopefully using this power i'll be able to deal him 2hp damage (3) +1 each from By Any Means and High Risk Behavior. Just enough to counter his healing of 2hp as he strikes me 2 toxic damage for using my power.

Draw a card to end my turn.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Outcast on October 13, 2015, 02:55:49 AM
I'll play High Risk Behavior then use Looking Up to add 3 tokens to my unlucky pool. Hopefully using this power i'll be able to deal him 2hp damage (3) +1 each from By Any Means and High Risk Behavior. Just enough to counter his healing of 2hp as he strikes me 2 toxic damage for using my power.

You calculations are off.  First you get 3 tokens, then you hit him for 3(+1 by any means and +2 high risk behavior -3 for Compount Omnicron) then he hits you back for 4 (2 +1 CompoundUpsilon +2 for High Risk behavoir, -1 for Stun bolt)and heals back more than what you hit him for.  Is that still what you wish to do?  Chrono may wish to snip him back, making it better than it seems.

Outcast

Hmmm..if he's gonna heal more than what i can dish out. I won't be doing that of course. Not really sure if Chrono would want to hit him back.

Not really much to do. I'll guess i'll play Uncharmed Life instead. Skip using a power cause he'll heal himself. And draw a card to end my turn.

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on October 13, 2015, 03:11:31 AM
Quote from: Outcast on October 13, 2015, 02:55:49 AM

You calculations are off.  First you get 3 tokens, then you hit him for 3(+1 by any means and +2 high risk behavior -3 for Compount Omnicron) then he hits you back for 4 (2 +1 CompoundUpsilon +2 for High Risk behavoir, -1 for Stun bolt)and heals back more than what you hit him for.  Is that still what you wish to do?  Chrono may wish to snip him back, making it better than it seems.

But you know. Letting him heal only 1hp doesn't seem that bad when i think about how playing those cards sets me up to playing a real good combo to deal Spite some good damage.

If i had that setup still next round, i was thinking i'll add 1 token on my turn. Play Exceeded Expectations take away 1 token to strike Spite for 3hp. Then use Looking Up's power while he can't reduce any damage. Dealing him maybe 7hp damage? (3) +1 by any means +3 High Risk. He'll probably be able to hit me once again for 4hp and heal 4hp.... so i deal 10hp damage but he heals 4hp back. (6hp damage overall, could be some help to you guys i think.)

Otherwise, if i continue with uncharmed life. I can take some hits Chrono could be getting from sniping Spite back. That's to say if i don't have to put it back on my hand by next round of course. :wacko:

Sorry. Might be too risky and not worth it. I'll just go ahead with Uncharmed Life. And Drawing a Card to end my turn.

Reepicheep

i'm definitely going to hold off shooting Spite again until he's flipped. I can heal up a little this way and make my last four reaction shots count more. But I see you've switched tactics anyway.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Okay, to clarfiy, you are playing Ucharmed Life.  Are you using any powers?  You may be intending to use Uncharmed Life's power, but I'm not certain.

Also, there is a way one of you has that would make Chrono-Ranger able to snipe with no ill effects at all.  I'll let you try to sort that out.

Outcast

Yeah. Playing Uncharmed Life, just so if Chrono ever decides to snipe Spite, i can take the damage for him at least 2 times. Or it could act as decoy so that instead of my teammates' ongoings go back to their hand, it would return to my hand instead.

No powers at the moment i suppose. Since Spite would benefit more from it. If i use Uncharmed Life's power it would be destroyed, so i don't think i need 3hp at the moment. I could use Risk but it could backfire, so maybe not a good idea too.

I'll just a draw a card to end my turn.

I'm thinking Wraith's Smoke Bomb could divert damage to Chrono to a higher HP teammate. And if Wraith was the highest HP during that time and has Stealth probably on or Stun Bolt's in effect? Maybe?

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Outcast on October 14, 2015, 01:28:36 AM
Yeah. Playing Uncharmed Life, just so if Chrono ever decides to snipe Spite, i can take the damage for him at least 2 times. Or it could act as decoy so that instead of my teammates' ongoings go back to their hand, it would return to my hand instead.

No powers at the moment i suppose. Since Spite would benefit more from it. If i use Uncharmed Life's power it would be destroyed, so i don't think i need 3hp at the moment. I could use Risk but it could backfire, so maybe not a good idea too.

I'll just a draw a card to end my turn.

I'm thinking Wraith's Smoke Bomb could divert damage to Chrono to a higher HP teammate. And if Wraith was the highest HP during that time and has Stealth probably on or Stun Bolt's in effect? Maybe?

Yup.  It would move all damage to someone who can better take it.  It's not necessarily the best option, but is one.  I can think of at least two other good moves on Wraith's part though.

Stealth won't help though, since he'll just attack and take away the stealth again.

Outcast

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on October 14, 2015, 01:38:14 AM
Quote from: Outcast on October 14, 2015, 01:28:36 AM

Yup.  It would move all damage to someone who can better take it.  It's not necessarily the best option, but is one.  I can think of at least two other good moves on Wraith's part though.

Stealth won't help though, since he'll just attack and take away the stealth again.

I wonder if Tempest's Chain Lightning could be used to penetrate Spite's first damage reduction effect? Guise has a card that can make his damage irreducible. It would be nice if he could use it together with Blatant Reference. But i think it's impossible to have Guise play two of his ongoings at the same time. (Edit: Wait i think Guise can play 2 cards a turn using his power. :doh:)

catwhowalksbyhimself

Guise can play as many ongoings at once as he likes.  Thanks to ability to play multiple cards and chain them together, that is potentially all of them.  Although I can think of few cases where that would be useful.

Chain Lightning could penetrate that effect, but only for his turn.  It's the first damage on every turn.  Each hero gets his own turn, so it resets ever time a deck starts their turn.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Setback draws

Spoiler

It is now Wraith's turn.

Villain Ongoing Effects

Hero Ongoing Effects
Damage dealt to Spite is increased by 1.(By Any Means)

Spoiler

Transhuman Serial Killer

Drug-Wracked Monstrosity
HP: 19/80
-Good Samaritan--Victim
-Mynd-Phyre--Drug
-PL626 Compound XI--Drug

Spoiler

Available Powers

Spoiler

Spoiler

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Spoiler

HP: 9/28

Available Powers

Spoiler

-Jim's Hat--Equipment
-By Any Means--Ongoing, Bounty
-Dead or Alive--Ongoing, Bounty

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Available Powers

Deck: 27
Spoiler

-Looking Up--Ongoing
-Uncharmed Life--Ongoing

Spoiler

Available Powers

Spoiler

-Stun Bolt--Equipment

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

catwhowalksbyhimself

I just did some calulating.  If he were to flip his next turn and you save the last victim as you discussed, then he would knock himnself out immediately and you would win.

Flipping him on purpose is actually you easiest way to win right now.

Outcast

If he doesn't flip yet.

Maybe Tempest could also use Into the Stratosphere to take away his damage reduction drug, while the rest do an all out attack on him? If i had 7 tokens at the time, i'd also be able to deal him 7hp damage and maybe add 2 more from Looking Up?

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Outcast on October 14, 2015, 02:25:26 AM
If he doesn't flip yet.

Maybe Tempest could also use Into the Stratosphere to take away his damage reduction drug, while the rest do an all out attack on him? If i had 7 tokens at the time, i'd also be able to deal him 7hp damage and maybe add 2 more from Looking Up?

Drugs are indestructible.  This means they can't be moved out of play period.  Putting them on top of the deck is moving them out of play.  Can't be done.

Outcast

You're right.

:doh: Failed to notice that limiting keyword in "Into the Stratosphere" (in my haste).

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Outcast on October 14, 2015, 02:46:41 AM
You're right.

:doh: Failed to notice that limiting keyword in "Into the Stratosphere" (in my haste).

Technically the exception for indesctructible on that card is not necessary, since that's what indestructible means, but they put it there for clarity's sake.

Reepicheep

Ah, I forgot that the safe house deals damage to Spite. That's a game changer.

Saving the samaritan means letting Spite play a card, which he could regain a little bit of heath from. If we want to knock him out as he flips, then we may need to try and do a little more damage as a buffer.

Here's a question Cat - in saving the Samaritan, does Spite's attack hit before the samaritan is saved or after? If Wraith can manipulate the deck a little bit to try and get a drug on top, then he'll either regain 5 hp (netting just 10hp damage from safe house) or knock himself out with a totalled 20hp damage.

Glitch Girl

Shoot, I need another utility belt.  :P

I had been planning to doubleshot him with stun bolt to take his damage down by 2 but then I can't use the eyepiece. 

Which is preferable you guys?    I will bow to the whims of the group.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Reepicheep

Quote from: Glitch Girl on October 14, 2015, 01:32:24 PM
Shoot, I need another utility belt.  :P

I had been planning to doubleshot him with stun bolt to take his damage down by 2 but then I can't use the eyepiece. 

Which is preferable you guys?    I will bow to the whims of the group.

My idea is still totally down to chance of one of the top two of his cards being a drug. (and even then, of the order in which the top card is played and victim saved). Hitting him with two stun bolts at least gives us a round of much less damage if he doesn't flip - it's a much more reliable approach.

Outcast

2 Stun Bolts for less damage and less healing on Spite's part sounds good enough for me.

Let fate decide whatever comes up next on Spite's Deck. :P

Glitch Girl

Okay then, Wraith draws a second Stun Bolt from her gear and hits Spite twice.
-Glitch Girl

catwhowalksbyhimself

Done.  You take a total of 5 damage and deal him a net of 3.  I'm not going to post your draw, because it won't matter anyway.

Start:  You save the Samaritan as agreed earlier.  This makes Spite play Lost Child: Victim--At the start of each Hero's turn, that Hero may choose for Spite to deal them (H) minus 1 Melee Damage. If they take Damage this wa, put this card under the Safe House card.When this card is destroyed, Spite regains (H) HP.

Play: Scum and Villany: At the end of the Environment turn, play the top card of the Villain deck. At the start of the Environment turn, the Villain Character card deals each Hero Target (H) minus 1 Melee Damage. Then, destroy this card.

End: Spite plays Lab Raid: One-Shot--Destroy all Environment cards. Reveal cards from the top of the Villain deck until X Drug cards are revealed, where X = the number of Environment cards destroyed by this card plus 1. Put the revealed Drug cards into play, shuffle the rest of the revealed cards into the Villain deck.

He bring out his last drug!

Start:  Spite flips.  He deals himself 19 points of damage.  He only has 16!  Bye bye.

Heroes Win!

I leave you with this official story segment

QuoteThe drugs had ravaged Spite's system, leaving his body a twisted mess. But Donovan's mind still worked, and it was overflowing with hatred. Hatred towards the weak people who filled Rook City with their filth. Hatred towards those costumed heroes who tried to get in his way. Hatred towards The Wraith as she raised her arm to point at him. Then, he died; killed both by his own system turning against itself and a speeding slice of serrated steel, which left a ragged trail as it passed through his head.

The demon god known as GloomWeaver felt Jack Donovan's hatred, even from his twisted throne in the Realm of Discord. The lord of despair strained to reach through the veil between worlds, parting it just enough to snatch Donovan's soul. He made the serial killer an offer to continue his work, but now with a new, infernal purpose.

If you like we can follow the story by going against Gloomweaver next, or fight the Ennead, a group of villains who work off a single deck.  Or whatever else you want.