News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

PCTales Bugs

Started by BentonGrey, September 13, 2015, 07:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Gents, I was poking around a bit at some of my mostly finished projects, looking at what it would take to get them release ready, and I started playing around with PCTales.  It's in pretty good shape for the most part, but I encountered a really weird bug.  Everything seems to be working more or less as I left it, but all of a sudden, the scripted levels (those by Prev.), have ceased working.  They worked fine previously, but now the missions starts, and no scripts trigger.  The game just loads the map and the hero, and that's it.  Has anyone encountered such a thing before?  I'm thinking it might have something to do with me syncing my entire FF folder up to my laptop, but I can't see anything obvious that was changed in the process.  The mission script itself seems to be the same, and I have no clue what might have changed in the guts of the scripts.

There's also nothing obvious in the script.log.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

yell0w_lantern

Sounds vaguely familiar.  I would check to make sure you have all the necessary characters, templates, animated heads, and such first. Something may have been replaced or renamed.  Also consider checking the files that are called in the beginning of the mission.  There may be a problem loading one (such as an over-long FFX file).  Sorry I don't have anything more definitive for you.
Yellow Lantern smash!

BentonGrey

Thanks for the response, YL!  Everything seems to be in place.  I just discovered something interesting.  My laptop, which has a Steam install, runs the mod fine, despite the mod being a direct clone of my desktop copy.  I think I may need to reinstall FF on my desktop and see if that helps matters.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/