Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Happy 15th Birthday, Freedom Force!

Author Topic: New JLA series coming to CN  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Glitch Girl

• ERROR: Title not found
  • Titans
  • If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid.
Re: New JLA series coming to CN
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2016, 08:04:01 PM »
More clips released.  Getting  a very Brave&Bold vibe from this.  Not crazy about Flash's new voice but liking most of the rest.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/new-justice-league-action-clips-show-superman-batman-1788818642

also from another article:
Teen Titans Go! alum Sam Register will act as the show’s executive producer, along with Justice League and Batman Beyond vet Butch Lukic, Batman: The Animated Series’ Alan Burnett and Green Lantern: The Animated Series vet Jim Krieg as producers.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 02:28:57 PM by Glitch Girl »
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Offline Glitch Girl

• ERROR: Title not found
  • Titans
  • If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid.
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2016, 02:54:35 PM »
So, saw the first 4 episodes that act as the pilot...

The show is squarely aimed at the younger crowd.  Those of you without kids may not like it, though it's not as randomly silly as Teen Titans Go.  Characterization is much more simplified all the way around as are the plots.  Animation is mostly solid except for the opening of the 2nd episode where it seemed unusually choppy with a low frame rate or something. humor was a bit hit or miss with me, as was characterization: while I liked Martian Manhunter and Booster, Constantine was utterly cringeworthy (and not Matt Ryan).  Writing between the four episodes was also uneven, the 4th being the weakest of the lot  (also I noted that the 1st & last episodes were written by the same person, and were also my least favorites of the bunch).  Depending on who was writing it, Batman was either barely competent or closer to the Dark Knight Detective.  Some more consistency would be nice.

Overall, I think young kids will like it, but production value is good, it may not click with older audiences.

And if you like Constantine at all, avoid that episode 4. 

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2016, 03:25:18 AM »
Well, that's rather disappointing, but not terribly surprising.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out my DC voicepacks at my yahoo group.
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/bentongrey/
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/bentongrey2

Offline Shogunn2517

• He's Got Your Hero Right Here
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2017, 10:59:25 AM »
Completely forgot about this show.

Just saw it show up on SB and like GG just watched the first 4 episodes before bed and I gotta say, I think my opinion may differ slightly, but it might be a little more positive.  Possibly.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Shogunn2517

• He's Got Your Hero Right Here
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2017, 08:24:22 PM »
Okay, watched a few more episodes and changed my mind.

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2017, 08:41:13 PM »
Yeah...it's got its charming moments, and the better voice actor quality is something....but the writing is just mediocre at best from the episodes I've caught.  It's fine, but the pathos and glory of the original series is just absent.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Offline Silver Shocker

• The Shining Savior
  • Better Call Saul!
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2017, 01:20:53 AM »
I've been watching it. Canada (along with the U.K. and Poland) airs some of the episodes earlier than the U.S., so it's possible I've seen some episodes that others here haven't (such as "Repulse") It's ok, not great, certainly not as rich and satisfying as Justice League Unlimited, but it's a decent distraction and in Canada it airs alongside several other superhero cartoons so for me it's basically one part of a marathon. The voice acting for the characters is pretty good (especially Conroy as Batman and Hamill as Joker, and I agree that Superman sounds similar to Tim Daily) And the fight scenes are pretty good. The opening 4 episodes did indeed have continuity and then after that it seems to have become just done-in-ones.

One notable complaint I have is James Woods as Luthor. Ironically, I said I was expecting him to be good in the role when the cast was announced. He was good as Owlman in JL: Crisis on Two Earths, but here, as Luthor, he sounds a little too nasally/lisp-y and the acting isn't the greatest (he's also played a bit more comically than a lot of other great takes on the character). It definitely had me wishing Clancy Brown was doing it again.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 10:09:03 AM by Silver Shocker »
"I believe what doesn't kill you simply makes you....stranger."
~The Joker, The Dark Knight.

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2017, 02:13:42 AM »
Clancy Brown IS Lex Luthor, every bit as much as Conroy and Hamill are their respective characters.
God Bless

Offline catwhowalksbyhimself

• Lord of Procrastination
    • Freedom Force Forever
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2017, 02:31:11 AM »
I actually prefer the Young Justice version of Luthor to even the Justice League one, although it was more characterization than voice acting.

Beside, him coming back to voice Luthor would make it less likely for him to show up on The Flash again, and I really liked his version of General Eisling.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

speakingofgeek.freedomforceforever.com

Offline Silver Shocker

• The Shining Savior
  • Better Call Saul!
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2017, 05:40:48 AM »
Considering Mark Hamill's in the show as Joker AND Swamp Thing, I kinda doubt it would be an issue.

Offline catwhowalksbyhimself

• Lord of Procrastination
    • Freedom Force Forever
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2017, 01:59:27 PM »
Playing two different voices for the same show in the same studio is a bit different than playing  a voice in one place and showing up in person somewhere in a different country.  That being said, people can show up on multiple shows if their schedule allows.  I just said it was less likely.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

speakingofgeek.freedomforceforever.com

Offline Silver Shocker

• The Shining Savior
  • Better Call Saul!
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2017, 11:01:13 PM »
I think you misunderstood me. What I was getting at was the fact that Hamill also has appeared multiple times on The Flash in addition to the new Star Wars.

Offline Panther_Gunn

• Villains' worst nightmare come true
  • Titans
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2017, 04:09:51 PM »
The House of Mystery
?

That was an unexpected treat.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Avatar kindly provided by Paradox