Folder icons

Started by HarryTrotter, October 10, 2015, 10:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarryTrotter

Anyone savy in making folder icons?  :unsure:
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Tomato

No, I have no knowledge about icons whatsoever.

In all seriousness though, what are you looking to do?

HarryTrotter

Folder icons for
Specter
Impulse and
Justice League International.
Jon Farmer

Tomato

Ok, maybe I should get into more specifics... what OS are you using, what size do you want the icons to be (Macs and Windows Vista+ can use up to 256x256 icons, but other systems must be smaller) what design do you want the icons to have, etc.

It might be easiest to make the icons you'd like to have yourself (just make a 256x256 image and save it as a png until you can convert it). I have a program at home that I can use to convert them for you, but I believe there are a number of online converters as well.

HarryTrotter

http://img11.deviantart.net/1ed4/i/2010/272/d/4/dc_comics_folder_icons_by_3o1415-d2zq8cg.jpg
I was thinking something like these,not just converting a picture into ico format.But I dont have Photoshop or any image editing program installed.I use Windows 7.And 256x256 would be nice.
Jon Farmer

Podmark

Customized folders? That's a really cool idea, never even though of that.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Wow, that's a cool concept. If you don't mind me asking, what program do you use to convert the PNG Files into Icons?

I really need to look into seeing if this is an option for Windows 10.

Tomato

Sorry, I've been busy working on another project, didn't see the replies right away.

Quote from: Spade on October 11, 2015, 05:31:32 AM
http://img11.deviantart.net/1ed4/i/2010/272/d/4/dc_comics_folder_icons_by_3o1415-d2zq8cg.jpg
I was thinking something like these,not just converting a picture into ico format.But I dont have Photoshop or any image editing program installed.I use Windows 7.And 256x256 would be nice.

Do you want folder-like icons like those, or do you want something more like the icons I linked to which are more button-like (aka more like the "modern" icons used by phones and the like)? I might be a bit because of the aforementioned project, but I don't mind whipping up something simple for you.

Quote from: Podmark on October 11, 2015, 06:23:16 PM
Customized folders? That's a really cool idea, never even though of that.

Yeah, it makes finding and sorting folders much easier.

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 11, 2015, 07:49:23 PM
Wow, that's a cool concept. If you don't mind me asking, what program do you use to convert the PNG Files into Icons?

I really need to look into seeing if this is an option for Windows 10.

Axialis IconWorkshop. I basically just make the icons in my image program, and then import them into the icon template. You can save them all separately, but I usually add all mine to a single group for convenience... just make sure if you do that to always add new ones to the end of the group file, otherwise it'll mess your folder up. The program also saves to Mac icons as well.

As for Windows 10... I'm not familiar with it, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

HarryTrotter

Yes something like those is what I had in mind.
Suggestions of pictures one could use:
http://webspace.webring.com/people/tl/little_wolvie/4/DC/Spectre-wallpaper.jpg
http://s25.postimg.org/8pcxc2lcf/Wallpaper200.jpg
I couldnt find anything non-young-justice-related for Impulse.
Jon Farmer

Amazo Version 2.2

sweet, is there instructions somewhere on the specifics of the pics, or even where to place the icons after you've made them?
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

HarryTrotter

You mean how to insert the pic into the template or how to change icons?
Jon Farmer

Amazo Version 2.2

yes please, any instructions or tutorials on how to do any of this would be seriously sweet.

For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Amazo Version 2.2

not sure if anybody's interested or not, but i was searching around and found this site: http://icons.webtoolhub.com/

i haven't completely gone through it yet, but it seems to have some interesting stuff in it. oh, and the files were also already in .png and .icon formats so they were already to use.