Is it possible to pull a character in instead of pushing?

Started by heroidosilencio, October 31, 2015, 12:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heroidosilencio

I know we can repel other caracter by using many possible ways in the game like the own name says, we have a power called REPEL in some powers.

How about pulling?

Something like Scorpion used to do in Mortal Kombat throwing a hook and saying: "Get over here".

daglob

There is a FFX attribute for FFv3R that will allow a "pull": Webslinger.

hoss20

There is also a "Pull" power swap in FFX that works on characters only, not objects.

daglob

That's interesting. I've never been able to get power swaps to work though.

heroidosilencio

What about the attribute jump in the simple mode game, I mean, without FFX 3.3 - installed??
I see all the characters have that but in the simple mode it seems that there is no way to use that...

Althought I can see it when I click on the field, passive defense, for exemple, I don`t know what is this for and where can I use it...

Other things that I think strange is that in that field passive defense we can see all the moves, but the idle... Why is that?

hoss20

If you are talking about the Passive Defense Power; the reason it does not allow you to select an animation is that a Passive Defense is always "on". It doesn't need to be activated, so there would be no corresponding animation needed to use it. It is like a hero's invulnerability or resistance to energy. It is something that is always present.

heroidosilencio

I see, but how can I use the action JUMP from a character in the game in the simple mode?

I noticed all the characters have that but I can not select it anyway. Is it possible to choose when the character jump or not? And the distance? I noticed that in the attributes there is something about jumping.

spydermann93

Quote from: heroidosilencio on November 01, 2015, 12:28:39 PM
What about the attribute jump in the simple mode game, I mean, without FFX 3.3 - installed??
I see all the characters have that but in the simple mode it seems that there is no way to use that...

Althought I can see it when I click on the field, passive defense, for exemple, I don`t know what is this for and where can I use it...

Other things that I think strange is that in that field passive defense we can see all the moves, but the idle... Why is that?

Use "No Animation". The character will continue whatever they're doing with that selected.

And for "JUMP", are you asking to be able to use "Super-Leaper" in Freedom Force without :ffvstr: installed? Or are you having troubles getting characters to actually use the ability?

Quote from: daglob on October 31, 2015, 11:12:26 PM
That's interesting. I've never been able to get power swaps to work though.

What seems to be the issue?

heroidosilencio

Hello, spydermann93. Good afternoon to everybody.

About my question: No, I am talking about the field JUMPER  in the ATTRIBUTES field of the game. It says: "allow you to leap to tremendous heights"

But, although I put this attribute in any character of mine, I have never seen any of them jumping anyway... 

I use the simple mode game. I don't like very much the FFX 3.3 . althought it was a incredible work. By the way, who did this applicative?

Thank you

spydermann93

Ah, ok!

JUMPER refers to the ability to jump onto high places, such as buildings.

To see the attribute in action, take your JUMPER and move on top of a building.  You should see the character leap up onto the roof.

The character's movement is otherwise the same as any other character, so you shouldn't see any difference other than the character leaping on top of buildings.

heroidosilencio

I see now. So, jumper is basicaly the same of climb, right??

Just with a diferent movement effect, if I understood well.

spydermann93

Yep. Jumper and Wall Climbing are both only for getting up on to buildings.

detourne_me

jumper will also allow a character to jump across rooftops that are close together, too.
you need to be at the edge of one rooftop, and click on the edge of the next rooftop, but it will work.

daglob

Check out Jump Travel for Hulklike leaps The combination Attribute Jumping Jacks I believe includes both Jumper and Jump Travel.

abadasscommie

ALSO I thought I might add that if you use jumper AND wall climbing,you can simulate the abilities of a gymnast(without super jumping powers) through the mechanincs given just from "vanilla"   :ffvstr: