Samaritan, of Kurt Busiek's Astro City

Started by baley, November 12, 2015, 06:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baley

Samaritan
Skin available for FF1 here. SPOILERS in description of other heroes.

Astro City's best and brightest. Sent from the 35th century to save its past, a man was transformed by the energies of existence itself to become the superhero Samaritan. Going by the name Asa Martin, he surreptitiously escapes every day from his job at an Astro City newspaper to fight the super-powered criminals that populate his world.

Known affiliations: Honor Guard.
Romantic interest: Winged Victory.

Strength: 8
Speed: 7
Agility: 5
Endurance: 6
Energy: 9

Attributes:
Flier
Fast Flier
Body Aura (or Cosmic Chump, if given a passive energy/crushing/piercing absorb ability)
Enhanced Senses
Famous

Special:
Material type: Energy

Attacks, each except for the first two favoring blue energy tendrils/blue lightning:
Swift Punch --- no energy requirement, medium crushing damage.
Furious Blow --- no energy requirement, low crushing damage, high knockback.
Charged Barrage --- three melee attacks, low-cost requirement, low energy damage.
Empyrean Web --- beam attack, low energy, stasis-type attack, with very high likelihood of success.
Empyrean Fire --- area attack, low energy, large area, low stun.
Fundamental Energies --- area attack, small area, medium energy, high damage.

spydermann93

Huh, never heard of this guy, before.

Great to see more Hero File makers on Freedom Reborn! I do love me some recipes!

One question I have though is this:

QuoteBody Aura (or Cosmic Chump, if given a passive energy/crushing/piercing absorb ability)

Did you mean "Strange Visitor" (Resistant to Energy, rather than Weak to)? It seems a bit odd to have Cosmic Chump when it seems like this guy absorbs energy, but maybe he's like Man-Bot. I dunno. :P

baley

Ah, but I do mean a weakness. I figure, maybe wrongly, that combining his weakness to energy manipulation with an ability to absorb energy attacks would create an interesting dynamic mechanically.

If his passive defense doesn't kick in, he would take more damage than normal. If it does kick in, he instead absorbs it to heal himself, and this also with a bonus to his healing.

Skin available for FF1 here.

spydermann93

Ah, ok! I see!

That's a really neat idea. The only case I've seen of a "Weakness becoming a strength" is in the case of Man-Bot, lol.

I do hope you make more hero files. I love seeing what people come up with :thumbup: