How do you handle Absorbing Man?

Started by trebean, November 13, 2015, 11:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trebean

I was originally planning on using accidental change on him but I realized that will only give him one form, so I decided to also give him a shapeshifter attribute that'll allow him to turn into metal (Since he has his wrecking ball with him) but that really just gives him a few forms, is there a way to add more stuff in accidental change?

detourne_me

I believe there was a method with one of the absorber attributes, you would have to create a hero file for each material, for example Absorbing Man_metal, Absorbing Man_rubber,  etc.
I remember setting him up like this a few years ago,  and Husk too.

trebean

Quote from: detourne_me on November 13, 2015, 01:13:58 PM
I believe there was a method with one of the absorber attributes, you would have to create a hero file for each material, for example Absorbing Man_metal, Absorbing Man_rubber,  etc.
I remember setting him up like this a few years ago,  and Husk too.

Yeah, that's what I did, I made a bunch of Hero Files for his different forms, then when it came to putting them together, I have no idea how to.

Jimaras8

For Stonewall i usde the method DM suggested. Give him absorb material attribute and make hero files with captions at the end ex. Stonewall (stone). The next time he will be near stone material and you select him to absorb it he will be transformed into the stone hero file. You don't have to merge the hero files or anything, the attribute simply swaps the hero files in-game. Oh, and don't forget to select the appropriate material in the hero file as well. Otherwise it won't work.

trebean

Quote from: Jimaras8 on November 13, 2015, 05:28:57 PM
For Stonewall i usde the method DM suggested. Give him absorb material attribute and make hero files with captions at the end ex. Stonewall (stone). The next time he will be near stone material and you select him to absorb it he will be transformed into the stone hero file. You don't have to merge the hero files or anything, the attribute simply swaps the hero files in-game. Oh, and don't forget to select the appropriate material in the hero file as well. Otherwise it won't work.
Oh, that makes more sense, I was originally thinking of using Accidental Change and have him randomly change forms depending on who's near him but that works a lot better.

Jimaras8

I don't know if accidental change works the same, think Creel has complete control over the material he can morph himself into. Anyway, try that way and i think it will work. It seems complicated but it is really simple. The game identifies the material you absorb with a hero file you have created with the same material and swaps to that file.

trebean

Okay I did just that, I gave Creel the Absorb Materials attribute and made a bunch of HFs for his different forms, still nothing. He absorbs the materials but he doesn't transform to the different hero files.

hoss20

The name of the hero files is very important. The format is heroname_material. If you have a hero named ABSORBER with the Absorber or Absorb Materials attribute and you have him try to absorb something metal, the new hero file needs to be named: ABSORBER_metal.  Hopefully, you've given this hero file some sort of metal skin. Anyway, make sure you've run the FFXControl Centre after you give your hero the attribute, so the hero files you've created with FFX attributes will be "branded" and function properly.

trebean

Quote from: hoss20 on November 15, 2015, 02:52:37 AM
The name of the hero files is very important. The format is heroname_material. If you have a hero named ABSORBER with the Absorber or Absorb Materials attribute and you have him try to absorb something metal, the new hero file needs to be named: ABSORBER_metal.  Hopefully, you've given this hero file some sort of metal skin. Anyway, make sure you've run the FFXControl Centre after you give your hero the attribute, so the hero files you've created with FFX attributes will be "branded" and function properly.
Nope, no dice :/

EDIT: I think I traced the problem here, I'm using the Steam Version, which apparently doesn't seem to work well with the FFXControl Centre

EDIT2: I developed a rather crude workaround, I basically just copied the base FFVTR Files to to the location the FFXControl Centre was referring to along with FFX3.3 and basically copy pasted FFX3.3 back to my steam folder everytime I update it

Cyber Burn

Quote from: trebean on November 15, 2015, 11:37:03 AM
Quote from: hoss20 on November 15, 2015, 02:52:37 AM
Nope, no dice :/

EDIT: I think I traced the problem here, I'm using the Steam Version, which apparently doesn't seem to work well with the FFXControl Centre

EDIT2: I developed a rather crude workaround, I basically just copied the base FFVTR Files to to the location the FFXControl Centre was referring to along with FFX3.3 and basically copy pasted FFX3.3 back to my steam folder everytime I update it

Have you tried the "FFv3R Mod Tools (AFF version)" that was created by Alex?

It's located at Alex's Freedom Fortress (http://www.alexff.com/goodies.php)

It should (I think) fix your issues with FFX and Steam.

BaddAzzYellaBro

Using FFX 3.3. I'm trying to get the absorb material attribute to work for Amazing Man. I can use the custom commands to absorb materials, but the form will not change even though I have custom hero files for different material forms
Ex: custom hero file name "AM", fire skin is AM_fire, metal is AM_metal, etc...

When I use the power, I get the attributes of the materials, but the form does not change to the custom hero material.

Any one have a step by step process. Not sure what I'm missing. I can change forms using shapeshifter attribute easily.

Read various topics in the forums, but can't get this to work.

BentonGrey

I did this with Absorbing Man in my Marvel Adventures mod by building him and his alternate forms in.  It's been a long time since I did it, so I don't remember if there were any other hoops I had to jump through, but it seems like there might have been.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/