DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Started by Thunder, November 23, 2015, 11:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunder

catwhowalksbyhimself

"I've seen Men of Steel die and Dark Knights fall"

Most interesting quote.  Not really that significant, but interesting.

Also, love the Firestorm costume.  The footage also explains why the wings are never visible in the photographs--they fold up and disappear the instant they land.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

baley

So far as a shared universe goes, the Arrowverse is so much better integrated than the Marvel Cinematic Universe. To be fair, the DC Cinematic Universe looks like it's going to be terrible. Then again, the DCAU beats all of them.

HarryTrotter

Quote from: baley on November 24, 2015, 04:32:45 AM
So far as a shared universe goes, the Arrowverse is so much better integrated than the Marvel Cinematic Universe. To be fair, the DC Cinematic Universe looks like it's going to be terrible. Then again, the DCAU beats all of them.
Yes,but DC movies still manage to screw up the TV shows.Because they will appear in the movies we dont get: Hal Jordan,Ted Kord,Booster Gold,Suicide Squad(in this season),possibly The Question.And now Supergirl got Checkmate.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

There are already rumors that season 2 will have a very different cast and story, among them, John Constantine.  I'm definitely would like a see a rotating cast and story myself, so I'd be fine if this were true.

catwhowalksbyhimself

And--there's already talk of canceling the show, before it even premiers.  Apparently, it turned out to be very expensive to make.

JeyNyce

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on December 01, 2015, 01:22:30 AM
And--there's already talk of canceling the show, before it even premiers.  Apparently, it turned out to be very expensive to make.

You would think that they would figure out a budget before getting the fans all excited about the show.......
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: JeyNyce on December 01, 2015, 02:55:22 AM
Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on December 01, 2015, 01:22:30 AM

You would think that they would figure out a budget before getting the fans all excited about the show.......

Well the first season is a done deal, so that won't change.  It just will probably mean no other seasons.  It sounds like they plan on replacing it with a different spin off though if that happens, so that might be good.

BentonGrey

Well, anything with lots of FX, and all of these characters, pretty much, need lots of FX, tends to be expensive.  I can't say I was super excited about this, but I'm sorry for the folks that were excited. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

bearded

spydermann93

Mordru and.... is that guy the "Senior Citizen"?

HarryTrotter

''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

daglob

Quote from: spydermann93 on December 01, 2015, 04:49:04 PM
Mordru and.... is that guy the "Senior Citizen"?

I'm wondering if the guy next to Mordru is Sinestro...

Looks like the group from Superman's 50th Anniversary show.

GhostMachine

It is Sinestro. With Giganta next to him.  "SC" is a character they made up for the show. He was a hero called Retired Man, formerly known as the Scarlet Cyclone.

Both specials were corny as sin, with Adam West, Burt Ward and Frank Gorshin suiting up again being the best thing about them.

catwhowalksbyhimself

daglob

Quote from: daglob on December 31, 2015, 09:25:58 PM

I've found out, not only is it Sinestro, but it's Charlie Callas as Sinestro, and Howard Morris as Dr. Sivana.

BWPS

I don't like how Heatwave is a rapist. But I do like how they travel through time and fight.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: BWPS on January 24, 2016, 04:37:07 AM
I don't like how Heatwave is a rapist. But I do like how they travel through time and fight.
Where did you get that idea from?  I don't recall anything like that in the show at all.

GhostMachine

Quote from: daglob on January 24, 2016, 03:29:41 AM
Quote from: daglob on December 31, 2015, 09:25:58 PM

I've found out, not only is it Sinestro, but it's Charlie Callas as Sinestro, and Howard Morris as Dr. Sivana.

And Retired Man is noted character actor William Schallert, most well known for being on The Patty Duke Show. He's still alive, at age 93. Jeff Altman was Weather Wizard, and most of the other villains (and a lot of the heroes!) were a bunch of unknowns.

There were two specials, as I said before. One was a roast hosted by Ed McMahon of all people, but I don't exactly recall what the plot of the other one was. Since I haven't seen them since they originally aired and I was either 8 or 9 at the time. But I do seem to recall that the Batmobile was in the non-roast episode.

BWPS

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on January 24, 2016, 06:09:24 AM
Where did you get that idea from?  I don't recall anything like that in the show at all.

He asks Firestorm where he got his roofies, a drug used exclusively for date defile. I get that he's a bad guy but that's a bit much if he's supposed to be an unlikely hero and implies too much about him to be good for a joke.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: BWPS on January 24, 2016, 09:50:01 PM
Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on January 24, 2016, 06:09:24 AM

He asks Firestorm where he got his roofies, a drug used exclusively for date defile. I get that he's a bad guy but that's a bit much if he's supposed to be an unlikely hero and implies too much about him to be good for a joke.
While I can't say for sure what the writer's intention for that line was, the idea that it is used "exclusively" for date defile is complete nonsense.  Not only do are roofies legitimately used for medical use, 50% of forged prescribed use for illegal recreation are roofies and they are also commonly used by thief in some countries to steal from victims without them remembering inconvenient details like who robbed them.

So while defile is one explanation, thieves use them too, and he is a thief so. . .

GhostMachine

My take on it was he was asking for his own personal use. As in was going to take them himself....

BWPS

I really feel like roofies and drugging women are linked together enough in our culture that there wasn't any question what he meant but clearly I was wrong. I hope you guys are right and we don't have a time traveling Cosby on the loose.

JeyNyce

The whole "roofie" comment was meant as a joke.  If you think about it, he's asking an old guy, where he got them from.  I though it was kind of funny, but some may have taken it too seriously.  You know, instead of thinking that Heatwave could be a rapist, have you ever though that he was calling the prof a pediphile???  Okay, enough creepy talk.  Back to the show!
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Glitch Girl

Holy Crud!!!!

4 teased upcoming characters, which include Hourman, Sandman, Srgt. Rock, and...

Well, I'll let you read it.  File this under characters I NEVER expected to see in live action (along with King Shark, Firestorm, Gorilla Grodd, etc. )

http://io9.gizmodo.com/four-classic-dc-heroes-are-coming-to-legends-of-tomorro-1756476392
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

BentonGrey

Interesting.  All characters I'd love to see, but I doubt the show will do them in a way that would interest me.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

jevian2000

These four coming to Legends of tomorrow is just shows me how good  Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, Andrew Kreisberg  are at running the Arrow-Flash verse. The show is good, but adding all these new characters to the ones introduced over the years in Arrow and Flash is so cool.

Consider this list. Green Arrow, Flash, Black Canary, Speedy, Firestorm, Vibe(non-costume), Mr Terrific(non-costume), Wildcat, Deathstroke, Amanda Waller, Vandal Savage, Merlyn, Ras al Ghul, Hawkman , Hawkgirl, Atom, Captain Cold, Heatwave, Reverse Flash, Jay Garrick. That's an amazing list, and its going to get better and better.

Don't get me wrong. I love Agent carter and Shield. But the Arrowverse just gets better and better each and every week.

jeff

Midnite

In the sixth episode of the series, the titular "Legends" will travel to the year 2046 where they will meet not only a goatee-sporting and one-armed Oliver Queen, but also Old Man Oliver's son, Connor Hawke.

Source: http://www.superherohype.com/news/365771-old-man-oliver-stephen-amell#/slide/3

Spoiler

BentonGrey

I watched the better part of an episode, where very disappointingly:

Spoiler
Hawkman was already dead, though I imagine that's temporary.

This certainly didn't do much for my enthusiasm. 

Anyway, my reaction was much like this:
http://ourvaluedcustomers.blogspot.com/2016/02/while-discussing-superhero-tv-shows.html

It struck me as far too much like the other DC TV shows, none of which have grabbed me, and all of which have seemed to be far too low in quality for me.  I wasn't really expecting to like it, so it is entirely possible I'm not giving it a fair shake.
God Bless