Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Happy Holidays!

Author Topic: DC Extended Universe  (Read 9889 times)

Offline Silver Shocker

• Cuddly mascot
  • May the Porg be with you.
Re: DC Extended Universe
« Reply #270 on: January 22, 2019, 11:04:20 PM »
Yes, I saw it, I liked it. Pretty funny. And it had a Man of Steel-esque action scene to boot.
"I just love doing cameos!"
~Stan Lee, 1922-2018

Offline Silver Shocker

• Cuddly mascot
« Reply #271 on: January 24, 2019, 09:09:02 AM »
Going back a few topics:

Jon Cryer is back, and he's holding a grudge for The Dude of Steel!

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/01/23/first-look-jon-cryer-as-supergirls-lex-luthor

Yeaaaah that looks pretty cool. I, like a lot of people was super skeptical when I heard this casting, but it might just work. I kinda doubt he'll unseat Rosenbaum, but he does, that'll be yet another thing the Arrowverse and Supergirl in particular did better than Smallville.
~Stan Lee, 1922-2018

Offline Silver Shocker

• Cuddly mascot
« Reply #272 on: January 29, 2019, 12:17:34 PM »
Here's that Shazam trailer, for those who haven't yet seen it.

And here's the teaser trailer for Birds of Prey, featuring the next appearance of Harley Quinn!:

Yep, that sure is a thing. Freeze framing through all the shots (or looking up screenshots online; I assume those are easy to find online now) reveal our cast: Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Huntress, Black Canary, Ewen McGregor as Black Mask, Victor Zasz, and Batgirl/Black Bat/Orphan herself CASSANDRA CAIN! played by Ella Jay Basco, yes, the niece of Hook actor and Avatar The Last Airbender voice actor Dante Basco. Neat!

She looks, pretty good? I think she's a little more punk than I'd prefer, but hey, this is the same studio that brought us Suicide Squad! I'm just glad Cass has the opportunity to suck for once!

Director Kathy Yan has confirmed the film will be a R-Rating. I predict Deadpool getting salty about them riding his coattails Wolverine style!

~Stan Lee, 1922-2018

Offline HarryTrotter

« Reply #273 on: January 29, 2019, 12:56:45 PM »
Thats pretty...80's I guess?
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Offline Silver Shocker

• Cuddly mascot
« Reply #274 on: January 29, 2019, 02:31:01 PM »
Yep, it sure is 80's. Margot Robbie roller skating around makes me think of Xanadu or something. I mean considering the full title of the film: The full title, for those of you who don't know, is "Birds of Prey (And The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)" it seems like it's going to be weird for the sake of weird. Wacky as a general mission statement. The problem with that is you then don't have to necessarily deliver on good writing or characters as long as you make everything "edgy" and "alternative" and "punk" and "weird" and "wacky" and "indie" and "hipster". As at least two reviewers I watch have pointed out Suicide Squad was pretty much Hot Topic the movie....this is....um...something else comparable.

Remember how Katana said and did pretty much jack all in Suicide Squad, but it didn't matter, but she looked like the comics and standing alongside a bunch of characters in garish outfits and special effects and makeup and Rick Flag delivered a bunch of terrible exposition about Katana to make up for the fact that we're not going to see or learn any of that stuff organically in the flick? (rumor has it the entire SS film was pretty much stuff like that getting cut out in post) Yeah, I'm 100% prepared for Cass to be pretty much that. And for Ewin Macgregor to spend most of the movie NOT wearing a black skull mask (search your feelings, you know it to be true!)

PLEASE let this not suck. And if it's going to suck, can we at least have Cass be an actual character while they've actually got a chance for Cass to be in a non-cameo role in something?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 02:34:27 PM by Silver Shocker »
~Stan Lee, 1922-2018

Offline UnkoMan

• Gummy Hand of Justice
  • Evil is afoot! No, the whole leg!
« Reply #275 on: February 12, 2019, 04:10:07 PM »
Boy sure would be cool if Black Mask was... you know, wearing a black mask of some kind.
There is every possibility and chance to make this a good movie, I just doubt it will happen.
Why can't DC make good movies? What's wrong? Is it because they get scared from a business standpoint and want to make money?

Why not just find a good director with some decent vision, and let them make a good movie? It's not hard! It's happened before! Good movies exist.
THAT is what I am hoping the Joker is. Not confined to being a "franchise film," just being a good movie.

I ended up watching Aquaman the other day and was so bored I just fell asleep. It took me a long time to finish that already too long, boring film.

Offline kkhohoho

• Evil (but a hero) Santa Claus look-a-like
  • "He sees you when you're sleeping...
    • The Golden Age: Not Your Ordinary Fanfic
« Reply #276 on: February 14, 2019, 03:01:15 AM »
Boy sure would be cool if Black Mask was... you know, wearing a black mask of some kind.
There is every possibility and chance to make this a good movie, I just doubt it will happen.
Why can't DC make good movies? What's wrong? Is it because they get scared from a business standpoint and want to make money?

Why not just find a good director with some decent vision, and let them make a good movie? It's not hard! It's happened before! Good movies exist.
THAT is what I am hoping the Joker is. Not confined to being a "franchise film," just being a good movie.

I ended up watching Aquaman the other day and was so bored I just fell asleep. It took me a long time to finish that already too long, boring film.

At least we got Wonder Woman. That one was killer.
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203