News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Markov Generator

Started by bearded, January 22, 2016, 01:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

I have spent about 24 hours coding. I managed to create a Markov Generator that can apply to anything you set up as a text file. Names. Music. Tactics and strategies. Almost a full on adaptive a.i. The last two would take some work.

spydermann93

As a Computer Science student, please, tell me more :o

BentonGrey

I don't understand this at all, but I also want to know more!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Epimethee

Nice! Please post some examples.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

Cyber Burn

This is well above me, but A.I. does sound interesting.

bearded

A Markov Chain uses pre-existing sequences to determine what might be next in a sequence. Say you have 80 instances of an a following an e, 10 for a b, and 10 for a d. That is roughly 80 percent chance for an ea, 10 for eb or ed. Simply put.
The pre-existing list can be added to dynamically, such as player input. It can "learn" from each players style of play. Right now I have it set up to process individual letters or numbers, but I am going to turn words into variables and see how that works. Dynamic dialogue?
I don't know if the ff engine can handle this, it is probably something that will have to run outside the game, simultaneously.
I'll post some examples later tonight.
Does anyone now of a midi player that can import and export from text files?

spydermann93

Quote from: bearded on January 26, 2016, 12:41:12 AM
A Markov Chain uses pre-existing sequences to determine what might be next in a sequence. Say you have 80 instances of an a following an e, 10 for a b, and 10 for a d. That is roughly 80 percent chance for an ea, 10 for eb or ed. Simply put.
The pre-existing list can be added to dynamically, such as player input. It can "learn" from each players style of play. Right now I have it set up to process individual letters or numbers, but I am going to turn words into variables and see how that works. Dynamic dialogue?
I don't know if the ff engine can handle this, it is probably something that will have to run outside the game, simultaneously.
I'll post some examples later tonight.
Does anyone now of a midi player that can import and export from text files?

That's actually very interesting.  Some fellow students and I were thinking of implementing a similar system when we were developing an adaptive gaming A.I. system this past semester.  We were going to take user input (movement keys pressed, types of attacks utilized, etc) and have our A.I. system decide which enemies it should spawn for the player to face.  A system like this in a game like Freedom Force would be a really cool system for a dynamic adventure. Like you, however, I'm not quite sure how FF will handle it.

I had no idea that there was a commonly used name for this idea, although I did suspect that something like what we had designed to actually exist.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any midi players as I've never really had the need to use or research them. Sorry :(

BentonGrey

Wow, that is really fascinating, and entirely beyond me!  I look forward to seeing what will come of this. :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

bearded

Here is an example. I ported in this list:
http://marvel.com/comics/characters
and it produced these with an iteration of 4. The higher the iteration the more exact it becomes. The more times it reads the source, the smarter it gets.
Fanta Claus Penance, Ixit, Awkeye, Hope Summerhead, Spider Man, Puppet Master Newell), Quicksilverick, Captain Falswords Of Nine-fold, Black Marin, Onslaughter, Captain Bridge, Darkham, Myster Lambert Baldwin Jarvis, Pixie Pest, T'Challow

spydermann93

Hey, look! It got Spider-Man! Wooo!!!