News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Installing PFX 1.2

Started by Outcast, January 28, 2016, 06:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Outcast

Trying to reinstall everything from scratch.

I've got FFVT3R installed, followed by EZFX6.0, then FFX 3.3.

So is PFX 1.2 just like EZFX6.0 and FFX 3.3? In that it auto installs all the FX without needing to merge dats and stuff?

I have no custom fx added, just really starting from scratch. Well maybe except for a saved game or two from vanila FFVT3R and a test custom hero.

Oh. Sorry for the noob question.

Cyber Burn

I'm drawing a total blank here, but when in doubt, back up your DAT Files before installing PFX. Better safe than sorry. I wish I had a better answer for you, but none of my notes on installation order seem to have PFX in them.

Outcast

Well, thanks for trying to help Cyber Burn.

I believe that PFX 1.2 works just like EZFX6.0. It's an application that auto installs all the FX content it has into the game. So as long as i don't have any new custom fx, i think it should be safe for me to install.

I'll just have to try and see, if it installs the new FX on either the base  :ffvstr: game or on both the base game and the FFX3 mod game.

Edit: Prev had some answers here.

QuoteThe fx installs into the base directory, meaning it's set up for the basic game.

To use/install these fx in ffx3.3. mod.

Quote...you need to merge, replace, or switch out .dats

You only need swap or merge or copy / replace the fx.dat and sound.dat from  :ffvstr:  after the PFX installation into your ffx3 folder.

QuotePFX 1.2 is pre-merged with EZFX, FFX, and the base game like my original FX packs were. Yes, you can essentially just replace your FFX fx and sound.dats and be fine after installing to the base directory (I'd suggest keeping them backed up though.) UNLESS you've installed custom stuff on your own. If you have made changes to these files, then you need to merge.

Previsionary

Glad that you got this question answered by me from the past. I promise, time travel wasn't involved.
Disappear when you least expe--

Outcast

Quote from: Previsionary on January 29, 2016, 03:56:38 AM
Glad that you got this question answered by me from the past. I promise, time travel wasn't involved.

I dunno. Whenever i search for answers (mostly for modding stuff in Freedom Force), it feels like i'm doing a lot of time traveling myself. :P So yeah i'm glad i was able to jump back in time to when you were helping the other FR members here.

Happy to know you still visit the forums by posting. :)