News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Some FFX 3.3 questions

Started by Outcast, January 30, 2016, 04:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Outcast

So i recently decided to start trying to be more familiar with FFX 3.3 and all it has to offer.  I guess i never really dived into it before. So please forgive my noobish? questions?

I noticed there's an additional "look command" for the characters. I'm not really sure what it does, but one time i accidentally clicked on the "tv" option? And the camera just started to zoom in up close to ground level. And i didn't know how to control it or find my character again to undo it. So i had to restart the rumble room mission instead.

The attribute "absorb energy".  It allows me to absorb electricity from metal objects, absorb flame/fire attacks from thugs with grenades, and absorb energy from thugs with energy guns i guess. A lightning aura will surround me if i absorb electricity and those who come near me get hurt/stunned a little. I could sometimes use a living lightning attack as well.  My character would disappear and become a lightning attack and would reappear near the target. But sometimes this doesn't always work. The thing i found a bit troublesome is i couldn't turn it/aura off. I could choose to absorb fire attacks and a flame barrier would replace the lightning aura. It hurts close by enemies as well, but there is an option to use a flame attack that doesn't work. Same goes for the absorb energy attack. Energy aura envelops me. There's an option to use a laser attack that i'm not sure if it's working or doing any damage. It appears i can only use it by right clicking on my character.  :unsure:

The attribute "absorption (active)" lets me draw/leech health from metal objects. While there is an option to change the metal objects in FFX control centre, i tried changing it to enemy targets. It seemed i was still drawing health from metal objects.

I'll trying playing around with it later to see if i can get it to work with other objects or targets.

Well so far that's about it. I did try the attribute absorb powers. But that didn't work much with thugs. I just got their attributes or stats. And it seemed like a permanent absorption. My original stats didn't revert back over time.

Outcast

Can't seem to be able to customize the attribute "absorption active" using FFX Control Centre.  :thumbdown:

Guess i'll have to try the other attributes and see if i can change those at least.

Epimethee

The "look" command: I don't remember the details, but it's a function of Kuertee's skXCamera module. Once activated, the character should have a stop looking command on himself, I believe. For details, you can read the notes inside missions/scritps/skxcamera2.py.

As for the Absorption (active) attribute, it's should work in the FFX CC. I remember using it quite a bit. Maaaybe it got broken in the 3.3. release, where new customizations couldn't be done in the FFX CC because the ffx.py file had become too large. Hopefully, someone more up to date with FFX can give you better info.

FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

Outcast

Hey thanks for answering my query on the "look" command and pointing me to where i can learn more about it, Epimethee.

It seems that it's used mostly to get a different view during gameplay and cutscenes.  I've tried Stumpy's alternative method of zooming cameras upclose by editing the localinit.py file and i most certainly appreciate the close up views and new perspective i get while playing.

From what i've read on the notes, the "look" command can offer some new perspective. Like from a flying character's point of view, cutscenes, and during m25's watch mode and alex's superhero tv mode. It looks too confusing though when you're playing. Not sure if many of you guys are using it though.

On Absorption (active), yeah i did come across some notes on some attributes needing to be manually customized due to the file being too big and all. Maybe i can simulate it's effects by using an area attack? Not sure it can be done though.

I've been reading on some of the other attributes, and i thought wouldn't it be possible to make an attribute that can enable characters to imbue objects they wield or throw cause knockback? That way cars could knockback other characters again? I dunno. :wacko:

BaddAzzYellaBro

Also looking for some help getting the absorb material/energy attributes working in FFX 3.3. Mainly the changing of the form (skin) for Amazing Man mesh. Any step by step instructions would be great. Not sure what I missed using tips from manual and forum.

MazenIIIX

I hope I'm posting in the right post.  I have a question about the FFX as well.  Is it designed to work only with  :ffvstr:?  Can it be used with  :ff:?  I'm wondering if it's possible to get attributes, powers, and other things like that into Freedom Force?  There are some attributes from FFX 3.3 that would be nice to have in the first Freedom Force.

Epimethee

FFX began with the original FF. It's available at Dr. Mike's site: http://www.fundamentzero.com/index_games.htm.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com