News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Baseless Problems

Started by BentonGrey, January 31, 2016, 07:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Spoiler
So gents, I'm tearing my hair out!  I'm beginning to remember why I put my mods down last semester.  Urg.  I am running into a host of seemingly inexplicable problems, and I'm wondering if A) I've missed something glaringly obvious, which is usually the case, B) there's something weird about Windows 8 that is causing problems, or C) something else entirely is going on.

I've got AIs not working properly, inexplicable CTDs, and a plethora of other problems, but the one that is currently vexing me most is a base screen that isn't working properly, despite supposedly being in perfect condition.  The base scene itself is working, but the Briefing cutscene refuses to play and won't let the mission launch.  When you click on the button, nothing happens.  If I remove the entire CS, have nothing there at all, the mission will launch properly.

I'm using the exact same setup that the previous base screen used, just on a different map, and I have no idea what is choking EZScript.  The map has the requisite markers, and I'm at my wits' end.  Anyone got a clue?

Quote#--------------------------------------
#
#  Sample Base cutscenes for EZ script
#
#--------------------------------------

Story: 03_spidey_base

#
# The base encounter will set up the camera
# and take care of any campaign housekeeping
# e.g. right after the base loads.
#

Encounter: Start
Type: Base

Start Cutscene:
Camera on spot1
Unfade for 1 seconds

#
# The briefing cutscene will play when the player
# selects the briefing button on the base screen.
#
# Notice the 'Starts when: Briefing' line.
# That must be there or it won't play as a briefing.
#

Encounter: Briefing
Type: Cutscene
Starts when: Briefing

Start Cutscene:
Camera on spot1
civilian_male says, "...and they said that if we didn't pay for their 'protection' we'd regret it. that's why we've come to you two."
mhluke_cage says, "and you think they meant it?"
civilian_male says, "these weren't your garden variety punks, mr. cage. these guys meant business, and there was one of those costumed types with them."
mhiron_fist says, "hmm, meta-human muscle? that's not encouraging."
mhluke_cage says, "what do can the heroes for hire do for ya', mr. williams?"
civilian_male says, "well, we want real protection, and we were hoping you two could provide it. after all, this is your neighborhood too."
mhiron_fist says, "we can."
mhluke_cage turns to mhiron_fist
mhluke_cage says, "danny...?"
mhiron_fist says, "luke. it's the right thing to do, and it is our neighborhood. he's right about that. we can't let some punks move in here and start bullying our neighbors, can we?"
mhluke_cage says, "nah, i suppose that would be bad for business, bad for our rep. you and the other shop owners can pay our fee, mr. williams?"
mhluke_cage turns to civilian_male
civilian_male says, "of course...so...you'll take the job? you'll help us?"
mhluke_cage says, "you've just hired yourselves some heroes. dont' worry, we'll teach these punks a lesson."

Okay, I fixed that problem (I had encounter markers, but somehow not encounter1, don't ask me how that happened!), and now I've got a delightful new problem.  I've got characters showing up in missions missing some or all of their powers, DESPITE the fact that their powers are set up properly in FFedit.  This is enough to make you crazy!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/