News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Custom Attributes

Started by OrWolvie1, February 02, 2016, 09:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OrWolvie1

Ok, I'm stumped....I've tried pretty much everything I can think of to get these to work and I keep ending up with the same errors.  Enclosed is my FF file that is generated when i start up FFX3.3. I tried adding the custom attributed from the VPMAX voice packs and this is what i get.

00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute bulktp is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute overheated is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute metashieldp is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute superleaper is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute invulnerable0 is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute fearless is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute ffqamalgam is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute ffqhighjumper is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute speedphaser is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute illusionist is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute ffqtempinvulnerability is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute poltergeist is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute heavyfooted is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute icecloud is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute sensitive is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute ephemeral is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute ffqaixenophobe is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute solarpowered is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute popular is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute shapeshifter is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute presence is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute ffqrealitymanipulation is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute ffqairsuperiority is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute coordinator is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute astral is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute summoner3 is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute nocturnal is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute adaptive2 is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute regenerativeplus is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute invflier5 is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute gammapowers is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute ffqresilient is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute ffqempathlongrange is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute utilitybelt is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute groupmind is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute lesserregeneration is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute ffqupgradable2 is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute sidekick is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute bodyarmor02 is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute combatskill2 is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute currentsapper is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute borrowedtime is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute groupteleport is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute ffqfastball is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute invflier30 is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute vunstablemols is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute ffqbasiclevitation is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute butterfingers is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute toughguy2 is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute battery is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute ffqdizzy is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute ffqaimisogynist is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute invulnerable4 is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute unstabletemp is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute twister is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute degenerative is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute miracle1 is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute spinner is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute humanrocket25 is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute fourd is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute ironjaw is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute livinglaser is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute airscout is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute ffqsuperheroic is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute privatearmy1 is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute lastresort is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute metabolic is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute ffqextradimensional is not mapped to a bitset enum!

This is just a small portion of the list. So what am I missing here?? :banghead: Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :D

crimsonquill

Hey, Glad to see VPMAX is being found by new people. :)

First of all, most of the Attributes that I added are merged into the game by using FFEdit to merge Dat files together and then you still need to make sure that you add the included ffxmulti.py file into the FFX/Missions/Scripts folder.

I'm working on an Auto Installer for VPMAX but I was getting it working for Windows 7 before everything jumped into Windows 10 compatibility now (which I am wrestling with since my older laptop died and now have Windows 10 on my new one).

Uhmm.. I'll be happy to help with a step by step guide if needed.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

OrWolvie1

First of all, most of the Attributes that I added are merged into the game by using FFEdit to merge Dat files together and then you still need to make sure that you add the included ffxmulti.py file into the FFX/Missions/Scripts folder.

I'm working on an Auto Installer for VPMAX but I was getting it working for Windows 7 before everything jumped into Windows 10 compatibility now (which I am wrestling with since my older laptop died and now have Windows 10 on my new one).

Uhmm.. I'll be happy to help with a step by step guide if needed.

- CQ

I did that. I tried overwriting the attributes.dat file first, then copying the ffxmulti.py into the scripts folder. That didn't work as I still had several attributes with no descriptions when I started the game. So I reinstalled FFx3.3, tried merging the dat files and adding the ffxmulti.py and I had most of the descriptions ok, but still get the list of errors in my ff log file. And regardless of which way I try to do it, I still have a list that I can't seem to find or fix. particularly FFQAltcurrent, FFQDizzy, Phasing, velcrofeet, seatfiller and about half a dozen more. Not even sure where they came from, to be honest  :wacko:

OrWolvie1

And let me just say, as I'm sure you've heard before, CQ, that I love your work. The voice packs have been a godsend and thus far, I haven't had any issues with them whatsoever, except for one. There doesn't seem to be a sentinel voice pack included in any of the thusfar releases that i could find, even though it's in the speech.txt. But that's minor in my opinion. Everything else is working beautifully!

crimsonquill

Quote from: OrWolvie1 on February 02, 2016, 11:33:56 PM
I tried overwriting the attributes.dat file first

Woah, hold on.. You need to merge the Dat files.. NOT overwrite them. Sometimes .Dat files can become cluttered and corrupted and FFX has very delicate coding which can cause it to stop functioning within the game which results in those endless streams of errors and also makes creating AI and using FFX Attributes go completely dead.

I'll see if I can throw together a step by step guide unless someone else who has tackled this problem can step in before I can type anything up. Should take me a day or so with my schedule.

Glad that VPMAX is working well as expected. The Sentinel VP always was a bit buggy but I think that's more of tweaking some coding to fix. I still have to fix one of the Iron Man VPs because of a minor mistake in using the wrong VP ID.

- CQ

OrWolvie1

Woah, hold on.. You need to merge the Dat files.. NOT overwrite them. Sometimes .Dat files can become cluttered and corrupted and FFX has very delicate coding which can cause it to stop functioning within the game which results in those endless streams of errors and also makes creating AI and using FFX Attributes go completely dead.

Tried merging them as well. I'll keep playing with it and see what happens and will keep you posted. My question is which dat file should I be merging...the one in FFX3 or the main game or both? I tried merging each version with the dat file thus far. Now, should I also be merging the powers and object dats as well instead of replacing them?

crimsonquill

Quote from: OrWolvie1 on February 03, 2016, 04:17:45 PM
Now, should I also be merging the powers and object dats as well instead of replacing them?

Just the Powers and Attributes dats should be merged for fixing the New Attributes. The other Dats included with VPMAX are just for the voice packs and you apparently had no problems with them. So that's all you need to worry about merging wise.

- CQ

OrWolvie1

Just the Powers and Attributes dats should be merged for fixing the New Attributes. The other Dats included with VPMAX are just for the voice packs and you apparently had no problems with them. So that's all you need to worry about merging wise.

well, I tried that. And after going through all the vpmax packs I have, none of them include a powers.dat :unsure: Not real sure what to try now. But I appreciate your assistance thus far.  :)

crimsonquill

Quote from: OrWolvie1 on February 04, 2016, 05:39:27 AM
well, I tried that. And after going through all the vpmax packs I have, none of them include a powers.dat :unsure: Not real sure what to try now. But I appreciate your assistance thus far.  :)

Actually, I think all you need to do is merge the Attributes.dat and then add the .py file for the new attributes to be added. It's been awhile so I'm going by what I remembered to put in the Install Text file.  :banghead:

- CQ

OrWolvie1

Actually, I think all you need to do is merge the Attributes.dat and then add the .py file for the new attributes to be added. It's been awhile so I'm going by what I remembered to put in the Install Text file.  :banghead:

- CQ

:D It's all good. I've tried every conceivable thing that I can think of and gotten nowhere. So I think I'm just going to put it on the back burner for now. The voice packs all work great, tho! I think I'm going to restore my original attributes.dat and see what happens.  :)

Mentlegen-23

I'm 100% new, and have no experience with editing attributes. Is there a guide for dummies somewhere?
If not, can someone please give me an idea as to how to edit attributes?
Thanks

spydermann93

When you download and install FFX3, you will see inside the mod folder that there is a folder called "Manual"

Just open it up, click on "Index" and read to your heart's desire ^_^

OrWolvie1

Quote from: Mentlegen-23 on May 01, 2016, 05:18:15 PM
I'm 100% new, and have no experience with editing attributes. Is there a guide for dummies somewhere?
If not, can someone please give me an idea as to how to edit attributes?
Thanks

Well, let me one of the first to say Welcome. Mentlegen-23. Nothing at all against being a newbie, we all were once, except for DaGlob and BentonGray, They've always been old  :P *Ducks behind a nearby dumpster. Feel free to look around as there is a lot of useful, helpful info in this community and don't be afraid to ask questions. You'll find a very helpful bunch of people here who are happy to help.  :thumbup:

stumpy

[I know this is an older thread, but I wasn't sure the issue was resolved and I wanted to post in case others are also seeing this list of "errors" in the ff.log and wonder about it.]

Quote from: OrWolvie1 on February 02, 2016, 09:07:41 PM
Ok, I'm stumped....I've tried pretty much everything I can think of to get these to work and I keep ending up with the same errors.  Enclosed is my FF file that is generated when i start up FFX3.3. I tried adding the custom attributed from the VPMAX voice packs and this is what i get.

00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute bulktp is not mapped to a bitset enum!
00:00:01.35: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute overheated is not mapped to a bitset enum!
[...]
00:00:01.37: FF: ERROR! RPGA attribute ffqextradimensional is not mapped to a bitset enum!

This is just a small portion of the list. So what am I missing here?? :banghead: Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :D

Just to clarify, none of that is a problem. The game will report that "bitset enum" error for any attribute that isn't built-in to the game, such as all of the extra character attributes that FFX adds. All that it means is that these are character attributes for which there isn't an internal game code. But, those errors don't mean that FFX isn't working (and, in fact, at one time, those errors were what let the scripts know which FFX attributes had been added).

So, if the attributes aren't actually working, first off, make sure you quit the game, run the FFX Control Centre (making sure to choose the folder for the mod you will be running) and then restart the game. After that, if the FFX attributes are still not working, please let us know 1) how they aren't working (that is, what did you do to test them, what did you expect to happen, and what actually happened); 2) what is in the script.log file; and 3) what versions of the game and Windows you are running. Those things can help someone duplicate the problem and maybe come up with a fix.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

OrWolvie1

Quote from: stumpy on July 02, 2016, 06:27:03 PM
[I know this is an older thread, but I wasn't sure the issue was resolved and I wanted to post in case others are also seeing this list of "errors" in the ff.log and wonder about it.]

Just to clarify, none of that is a problem. The game will report that "bitset enum" error for any attribute that isn't built-in to the game, such as all of the extra character attributes that FFX adds. All that it means is that these are character attributes for which there isn't an internal game code. But, those errors don't mean that FFX isn't working (and, in fact, at one time, those errors were what let the scripts know which FFX attributes had been added).

So, if the attributes aren't actually working, first off, make sure you quit the game, run the FFX Control Centre (making sure to choose the folder for the mod you will be running) and then restart the game. After that, if the FFX attributes are still not working, please let us know 1) how they aren't working (that is, what did you do to test them, what did you expect to happen, and what actually happened); 2) what is in the script.log file; and 3) what versions of the game and Windows you are running. Those things can help someone duplicate the problem and maybe come up with a fix.

Thanks for replying, Stumpy. After a while, noticing that it appeared that the custom attributes were indeed working, or appeared to be. I basically have been ignoring those log entries. But I do appreciate your taking the time to address the issue. :)