Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Mod Creation

Started by OrWolvie1, February 16, 2016, 05:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkhohoho

Quote from: OrWolvie1 on August 16, 2016, 06:09:52 PM
Hello all,
       I don't know if any of you are still following the slow progress of this behemoth that I call a mod that I started all those months ago. I have dusted off the cobwebs and have begun working on it again, hoping to polish it off and get the last few missions written and tested, before release to a few beta testers, whom I have not selected yet, so if any of you are still interested, then your assistance would be appreciated. Thanks to the timely assistance of Benton, I'm hoping to have the rest of the bugs worked out of this thing so I can get it finished up. I will admit, I never could have imagined how much of a headache this thing would become! I have a much greater appreciation of those of you who have not only attempted something like this, but has completed and released their own mods. My hat is off to each and every one of you. But after taking time away, I'm more determined to finish what I started. And come hell or high water, I will finish this thing. And who knows, if it goes well, perhaps I will be foolish enough to attempt a sequel lol. I know, putting the cart before the horse here.  :P I appreciate all the assistance that i have received thus far from all of you, It has been a learning experience from day one. I will be posting further updates as things progress.

Hiya Wolvie. I know you don't really know me that well, but if you're looking for testers, then I'd be glad to give your mod a whirl. I've done testing for mods in other games before, so just let me know if you think I'm your guy. (Or one of them anyway.)  :)
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

spydermann93

I would be more than happy to help, but my plate's full at the moment. :wacko:

BentonGrey

I could probably lend a hand with testing, at least a little bit.

And I'm glad you're coming back to your project.  Sometimes it just takes time and distance.  I put down the Marvel Adventures mod for almost half a year before I finally finished it up!  You've done great work, and it really does get easier.  Nonetheless, modding is a big job, at least when you're starting from scratch.  It will always be a challenge, but an extremely rewarding one.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

OrWolvie1

Thanks to all of you for your words of encouragement and the vote of confidence! Time will tell how it all plays out. Thus far, so far so good, at least with the writing aspect.

OrWolvie1

Hello one and all.
        Well, the hard part is done. The complete story/missions/encounters have all been written and analyzed. Now, it's time to test it and see how it plays out, and to see how many bugs/glitches/bone-headed mistakes I have to deal with. But I think after spending the day writing, I'm going to give my brain a rest and will test it out tomorrow night. Wish me luck! <_<

WyldFyre

For Freedom!

Cyber Burn

If you need an extra Tester, I can try to work it in to my schedule. Let me know.

OrWolvie1

Quote from: kkhohoho on August 16, 2016, 06:37:34 PM

Hiya Wolvie. I know you don't really know me that well, but if you're looking for testers, then I'd be glad to give your mod a whirl. I've done testing for mods in other games before, so just let me know if you think I'm your guy. (Or one of them anyway.)  :)

Hey kkhohoho. True, we really haven't talked, but then again, I trust just about everyone in this community and I value everyone's opinions and welcome your assistance. I'm not quite ready for beta testing just yet, but I'm closer than I was a month ago and will definitely keep you in mind. :D

OrWolvie1

Quote from: spydermann93 on August 16, 2016, 07:00:53 PM
I would be more than happy to help, but my plate's full at the moment. :wacko:

don't sweat it, spydermann93. It's going to be a while before I'm ready for beta testing. I still have to a run-thru myself, and tweak what needs to be tweaked, edit the character's descriptions/powers/etc.  I'm just happy that the final mission has been written, so now it's a matter troubleshooting :P

OrWolvie1

Quote from: BentonGrey on August 16, 2016, 10:30:47 PM
I could probably lend a hand with testing, at least a little bit.

And I'm glad you're coming back to your project.  Sometimes it just takes time and distance.  I put down the Marvel Adventures mod for almost half a year before I finally finished it up!  You've done great work, and it really does get easier.  Nonetheless, modding is a big job, at least when you're starting from scratch.  It will always be a challenge, but an extremely rewarding one.

Believe me, Benton, I have discovered that the very hard way lol. And I still have a LONG ways to go yet. I have base screens to try and create, powers and character descriptions to try and figure out, mission testing etc etc etc.  :banghead: :P

OrWolvie1

Quote from: WyldFyre on August 18, 2016, 10:47:00 AM
Good Luck!!!

Thanks...considering how this whole thing has been going thus far, I am going to need it   :P

OrWolvie1

Quote from: Cyber Burn on August 18, 2016, 01:19:35 PM
If you need an extra Tester, I can try to work it in to my schedule. Let me know.

CB, you help is always appreciated, but I don't want to overburden you with everything else you have going on at the moment. Besides, like I said before, it's going to be a while before I'm to that point, but it's nice to know that I have several people here willing to pitch in when I am and that is what makes this community so great  :thumbup:

OrWolvie1

Still working on getting the bugs worked out of this monstrosity but am getting there. And for more bad news....I've decided to do two more mods after this one. One will involve the X-Men, the other, The Hulk...something I don't recall ever having been done, but what do I know?  :huh: <_<

BentonGrey

Haha, awesome!  The modding bug has bitten!  How is the troubleshooting going?  :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

OrWolvie1

Quote from: BentonGrey on September 01, 2016, 03:51:28 PM
Haha, awesome!  The modding bug has bitten!  How is the troubleshooting going?  :)

Slow going. Between long hours at work, family stuff and whatnot, haven't had a lot of spare time to devote to it. But I'm hoping to do a little more tonight, or tomorrow if all goes well. And yes, I believe it has. Scary concept! <_<

OrWolvie1

Quote from: OrWolvie1 on September 01, 2016, 03:55:51 PM
Quote from: BentonGrey on September 01, 2016, 03:51:28 PM

Slow going. Between long hours at work, family stuff and whatnot, haven't had a lot of spare time to devote to it. But I'm hoping to do a little more tonight, or tomorrow if all goes well. And yes, I believe it has. Scary concept! <_<

Well, here's am update, for those of you still following this monstrosity of mine. after one headache after another, I've decided to shelf this project for a while. I'm going to try my hand on a different one, perhaps less of a massive project, and try my hand at a smaller, less cumbersome undertaking. Maybe, if this goes like I want it to, then I'll return to the DC/Marvel mod that I've been fighting with all these many months.  I haven't given up on it, just needing to take a step away and work on my skills a bit more before tackling something this extensive.

OrWolvie1

Hello everyone.

Sorry for my long hiatus, but needed to step away from mod making for a bit, recharge my batteries and regroup as it were. Back to working on things once again, for those of you who may recall or may still be interested :)

daglob

C'mon, what do you think we are here for? Of course we are interested!

OrWolvie1

Quote from: daglob on January 02, 2018, 02:38:17 AM
C'mon, what do you think we are here for? Of course we are interested!

LOL Thanks, DG. Nice to know I was missed  :thumbup:

OrWolvie1

Well, this probably won't come as a big surprise to anyone out there but I've decided to abandon this monstrosity that I would have liked to have called a playable mod. After months of fighting with it, tweeking it, changing it and it still not working the way it's supposed to, I admit defeat and am throwing in the towel.  I've zipped it up and if any one of you more experienced modders out there want to take a crack at fixing whatever the hell is wrong with it, pm me and I'll send it to you. I'm done.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :angry:

spydermann93

What seems to be the issue with it?

Is it crashing during a mission? Are characters not loading properly? Did you run out of beer? Don't tell me that Jeanie died! NOOO!!!!

OrWolvie1

Quote from: spydermann93 on January 04, 2018, 11:19:53 PM
What seems to be the issue with it?

Is it crashing during a mission? Are characters not loading properly? Did you run out of beer? Don't tell me that Jeanie died! NOOO!!!!

More like missions aren't loading at all properly, game crashes between one mission and the next, cut scenes not loading. Fixed it once, went on to the next mission to test, fought with it all day long to get it to work properly to no avail, went back to the first mission and developed new problems with the ones i thought I had fixed. Enough is enough.

UnkoMan

Sounds frustrating!
I'd say post the zip though. Might as well. Maybe somebody will figure it out.

OrWolvie1

Quote from: UnkoMan on January 05, 2018, 11:37:11 PM
Sounds frustrating!
I'd say post the zip though. Might as well. Maybe somebody will figure it out.

It was. I'm thinking that What i want to do or am trying to dop is either beyond my capabilities (Which I think is the case) Or the games ability to do. I have no idea. I know of one person who is going to give it a shot and hopefully, he'll have better luck than I did.  :thumbup: