Imported Star Wars, DC, Marvel, Sci-Fi meshes and now, TMNT!

Started by detourne_me, March 27, 2016, 12:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

detourne_me

I figured out how to do a few things better with blender and have reuploaded a number of the DC Universe Online meshes that I imported into FFVTTR.
I've also added a folder for Star Wars stuff too.
Look for more releases coming soon!

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/zrcb90e5nk6cb/Blender_Imports

And here are some direct links.  I will be updating them to include many of my releases.

AvPvTvR
Spoiler

DC Movie and TV Universe
Spoiler

Doctor Who
Spoiler

Marvel Cinematic Universe
Spoiler

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Spoiler

Saint Seiya - These skopes were a special request from Heroidosilencio, and he'd like to share them with the community.
Spoiler

WWE Superstars - Imported from games such as WWE All-Stars, and Smackdown vs. Raw 2009-2011.
Spoiler

Cyber Burn

These are awesome DM!  :thumbup: The only problem I seem to be having, is that "Brother Eye" doesn't move. I've only tried it in CTool2 so far, but I just wanted to give you a heads up.

Also, just out of curiosity, are you pulling these from the TF3DM site? They've got some great stuff, that's where I'm pulling the Weapons that I'm trying to make my Weapons Packs from.

detourne_me

Hi! Yeah i love that site. So much good content!
I've also found some people posting content on Deviantart as well. Hopefully ill get through a lot of it.  I dont plan on importing every character, just unique ones, or characters i like i think.
Re: Brother Eye - yeah I didnt know what kind of keyframes to give a satellite, so its basically an empty set. He should still be able to move and attack in game though.

Cyber Burn

Cool. Awhile back, I had tried to put it on Tommyboy's "Skeets_TvLite" Mesh, but didn't have any luck.

detourne_me

I've uploaded 7 more Star Wars: The Clone Wars meshes.
3 versions of Anakin, Mace Windu, Shaak Ti, and some cannon fodder Battle Droid and Clone Trooper

spydermann93

Fantastic work, DM! Seriously, these are really cool!

I've been wanting to see Clone Troopers and Battle Droids for a very long time, and the DC Trinity came out especially great!

Cyber Burn

Quote from: spydermann93 on March 29, 2016, 02:23:03 AM
Fantastic work, DM! Seriously, these are really cool!

I've been wanting to see Clone Troopers and Battle Droids for a very long time, and the DC Trinity came out especially great!

CANNONFODDER!!!  :thumbup:

detourne_me

I'm glad people like this.  it's seriously addictive porting all the meshes over.  I'm feverishly downloading models from all over the web, the completionist in me looking at what I could do next.
I think I might have to slow down the output a bit, or at least focus on some certain styles more.  I do really like these clone wars meshes, so I think I'll work on them for a bit, and add a few more meshes from The Force Unleashed. All we need now is Style to release his Star Wars skopes to the public  ;)

spydermann93

Quote from: detourne_me on March 29, 2016, 05:57:41 AM
I'm glad people like this.  it's seriously addictive porting all the meshes over.  I'm feverishly downloading models from all over the web, the completionist in me looking at what I could do next.
I think I might have to slow down the output a bit, or at least focus on some certain styles more.  I do really like these clone wars meshes, so I think I'll work on them for a bit, and add a few more meshes from The Force Unleashed. All we need now is Style to release his Star Wars skopes to the public  ;)

Seriously, though :P

Anything you pump out, DM, I will download and use in a heartbeat! These are all really awesome!

I've been trying to learn how to do all of this stuff so that I could start importing some really cool stuff from Medieval II. There are tons of mods out there with models that would be AMAZING to have in-game, like Sauron from LOTR and many, many Warhammer fantasy meshes. Last time I tried, though, I couldn't get too far, lol :P

windblown

detourne_me

I've added 5 more meshes to the Mediafire Blender Imports folder.
This time  it's:
Netflix Daredevil  from Contest of Champions on my skope of Daredevil_Gren
Kingpin from The Amazing Spider-man 2 on a skope of Colossus_Classic_Gren
WWE's The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin on skopes of Hercules_Gren
and Amadeus Cho (Totally Awesome Hulk) From Marvel Future Fight on a skope of GGX_Charlie-27_Gren

Enjoy!

spydermann93

Dang it. I was about to go to bed and now I see this.

I will regret nothing.

EDIT: Holy crap! Kingpin is WONDERFUL! I'm so happy to see him in such high detail! Fantastic port, DM!

All of the others are really great, too. Cho came out surprisingly nice!

If I may ask, about how long does it take you to port each model? I'm sure that the times vary based on the source material, but I was wondering if there was a rough estimate.

detourne_me

hmmn, the time it takes?  Well it depends on a few things. But I'd say anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour.
First would probably be the type of file it is. Some of them I need to convert from .fbx to .obj in Blender 2.7 first, than in Blender 2.48 I can import the .obj and make the .nif.
That's not too bad usually.

The next part is choosing the right body to rig it to. Thankfuly Grenadier has made a LOT of different body types, so it's pretty easy to find something that fits well.
When it comes to odd shaped meshes, then things get a bit dicey.  I'm trying to import a Droideka (the rolling attack droids from Star Wars) but I can't find anything with similar bone structure yet.  I gotta try some new things.

After that, you need to match up the imported mesh to the .nif,  this can be time consuming sometimes. Sometimes there are extra pieces that need to be cut off and exported as solid objects to be reattached later, like with Metallo's gun arm. Or with Cheetah's tail I had to cut it off and export her body, then re-rig just her tail and export it, then put them both together in nifskope.

After that, making sure the texture works is another big deal.  The Freedom Force way of skinning is much simpler than in other games using diffuse maps, normal maps, and bump maps. Sometimes it's tricky converting the files and making sure they show up correctly.  It's probably the most difficult thing i've found so far.

All in all it's pretty fun, even though I'm way behind on TV shows, I haven't even finished Daredevil season 2 yet!

Johnny Patches

hey DM some kool stuff :thumbup: im glad to see you still around,

SickAlice

Excellent job. When it comes to odd body types try stretching and moving parts after the fact either in Blender or in Nifskope via the bones. In other words match the model to the original first then squish and bend it back into the shape it should be.

detourne_me

Thanks for the tips.  I'm still plugging away trying to get better.  I've uploaded 5 more Star Wars meshes, and a few DCUO ones.
Today I bring:
Slave Leia, Darth Vader, and Han Solo from the Kinect game, they have a cartoony look that goes nicely with the clone wars meshes.
Also, I uploaded a Scout Trooper, and a Scout Trooper on a speeder.

hoss20

Quote from: SickAlice on April 01, 2016, 03:10:16 PM
Excellent job. When it comes to odd body types try stretching and moving parts after the fact either in Blender or in Nifskope via the bones. In other words match the model to the original first then squish and bend it back into the shape it should be.

Great job on these, DM. I definitely think some of the distortion can be fixed via some keyframe editing. For example, during some of the melee animations, the thumbs go wonky. This has sometimes been a problem with meshes actually made for FF. I've also been moderately successful in enabling animations from male_basic keyframes to fit male_heavy/male_hulking meshes (and vice-versa) without distorting. I'll try to see if it's as simple as editing the hand/finger positioning during the animations.

detourne_me

Yeah I assumed I could tweak them a bit more to reduce the distortion. I've taken a look at other people's imports and it seems we all do different things when it comes to combatting this issue in the fingers, or just warping in general.
I preferred exporting the mesh as a whole piece, but I'm looking more into exporting parts as separate pieces that could be sloped right onto certain nodes instead. That will probably work better for armoured characters. I've got one Iron Man that has some *ahem* flexible exhaust ports, they look kinda silly. More to learn I guess.

Please feel free to adjust any meshes I release and redistribute them any way you see fit! :thumbup: the more the merrier!

trebean

The fingers get real wonky but other than that, these are pretty great. I suppose you could look at Vertex' Keyframes since IIRC his meshes actually have fingers too so maybe that'll work.

naitvalis

wonderful work with this transfers  Dm! it isn't an easy task, and fortunately some of them works in  :ff: to!

detourne_me

Thanks a lot Nait!

I've just uploaded a few more starships to fight with the Millenium Falcon.
Some X-Wings and TIE fighters, even a TIE pilot, too!

Cyber Burn

This is just really freaking awesome! You're pumping these out faster than I can download them. And I have to say, I'm really happy to see "Wildcat", I've been hoping someone would tackle him.  :thumbup:

detourne_me

:D

Here's another DC Gorilla!  Monsieur Mallah is based on Tommyboy's Gorilla Man, so he has some weapons.  I tried to add some other weapons, but had some troubles with the skope, so these are Tommy's fantastic weapons.
I also added a Mirror Master, and for Benton Grey, Aquaman.

Also, err... did anyone order any Yodas?
Spoiler

These guys are all based on Valandar's amazing Yoda mesh.

El1jahSnowFan

I will not lie: I try to check this thread a few times each day -- what amazing stuff your are bringing to the game.

I say this a lot, but I really do mean it: It is so appreciated, the work you and others do.

Speaking for myself: I could just barely figure out how to skope pieces from one mesh to another. The rest of it...I tried to understand it. I wish I could. I just can't figure out how to make it work.

So for me...this stuff is absolutely amazing to have, I appreciate you doing it, and for however long it lasts, I will remain appreciative!

Deaths Jester

Just took a look at Loki and notice the mesh has a hole in his back. It's right where the shoulders and neck meet the back.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

detourne_me

Cyber Burn

Wow, DM, you are on a roll here. That "Red Skull" is great! I'm always happy to add more Nazis to my collection of Villains to beat down in the Rumble Room, so I definitely thank you on this one!  :thumbup:

SickAlice

It's great watching you dedicate yourself and evolve like this. As for fingers mainly I find to just take a lot of time with them. Also it tends to be easier to go into Edit mode and edit the hands/forearms of the new model to fit the Freedom Force one as modern game models tend to have longer arms than Freedom Force, then weight copy as opposed to trying to stretch the bones to fit.

detourne_me

I'm releasing 8 new skopes today. These are all from Star Wars The Force Awakens.
We've got:
Rey, Finn, Poe Dameron, Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma, a Stormtrooper, a Flametrooper, and the Millennium Falcon.

MediaFire was being a bit weird, so I'm not sure they all uploaded correctly. So, I made a new yahoogroup folder here: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/detourne_me/files/Star%20Wars%20Skopes/