News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Costume Rating 68: Batman Rebirth

Started by Podmark, April 01, 2016, 10:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of Batman's Rebirth design?

Love
Meh
Dislike
Hate

Podmark

After over a year it's time for the shocking return of the Costume Rating Poll!

Today, I present for your critical eye the new Batman costume that recently debuted in advance of DC's Rebirth initiative.

What do you think?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Meh!

I won't say I totally dislike it. If it wasn't Batman, the design and color scheme wouldn't be too bad. But because it is Batman, I could do without.

Podmark

I gave it a mild dislike.
It's very similar to the original New 52 costume, which I was meh about - it works, looks decent, but too much busy minor details bog it down. I don't like any of the new changes Greg Capullo added to this new version. The yellow outline of the bat is very meh, the belt looks kinda weird now, and the shoulder-cape combination is odd (though others artists seem to be ignoring it). The end result is now there's too little yellow.

It's okay. It won't hamper my comics enjoyment, but I don't think it will enhance it either. I was hoping for something cooler.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

Looks like an excuse to issue a limited edition action figure to me.

And the emblem stinks.

And why are the costumes these days so busy? Didn't the webbing on Spider-Man teach them anything?

Tomato

For what it is, I have no issues with it. They're trying to cross together the bat signal and regular bat logos, which is... gimmicky, but it's been the go-to design for the recent Bat-man unlimited toy line nonsense (so yes, daglob, it IS actually based on an action figure) and it's got shades of both that design and the movie costume in there.

Personally, I'm ok with it. It's not the best, but they've had much worse stinkers for batman (Oh my lord those shoulder spikes in the 90s) so... eh, I'll give it a mild like.

OrWolvie1

Well, my two cents worth on it is this...The basic costume itself isn't bad, but I hate the outline on the emblem and the belt. They should have just left it the basic black, if you ask me.

bat1987

At first I didn't like this one at all. But it looked way better in action. Or in this shot from an upcoming issue.

I like the purple inside of the cape as well. Supposedly most of the lining from the new 52 suit is gone as well, and the cowl is more helmet like in design (without nosepiece). Gave it a like.

BentonGrey

I really don't care for it.  The outline on the bat is garish.  Give him the oval or nothing, I'd say.  The purple just strikes me as off, and the outlined belt also feels unfinished.  Of course, it lacks trunks, which weakens any Bat-design that isn't monochromatic.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/