News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

starting over

Started by Amazo Version 2.2, April 02, 2016, 04:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amazo Version 2.2

well, my computer finally went out on me. Since I use it for pretty much everything, I'm thinking I really need to replace it.  Unfortunately, I have no clue what to look for. Basically, I just want a desktop computer that I can still play freedom force on.  Any thing else, I can figure out as I go.  Since I'm not the most Techy guy, I was hoping to get some advice from the freedom reborn team. Thanx.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Shazam

I got so fed up with trying to get FFvT3r to work on my windows 7 and 8 laptops and linux distros. I ended up getting old parts to rebuild the 13 year old computer I originally played it on.
Pursue perfection, but accept excellence.
http://www.tskr.webeden.co.uk/

spydermann93

Are you looking for computer parts for your new computer, or are you asking where to find :ff: and :ffvstr: content, again?

daglob

Quote from: Shazam on April 02, 2016, 05:06:01 PM
I got so fed up with trying to get FFvT3r to work on my windows 7 and 8 laptops and linux distros. I ended up getting old parts to rebuild the 13 year old computer I originally played it on.

I haven't had that problem with W7. Now, my graphics card hates alpha channels, but...

Amazo Version 2.2

Pretty much just looking for advice on what kind of computer to buy. I know I wanted a desktop computer, but otherwise, I am clueless about all of this.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

spydermann93

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on April 04, 2016, 07:25:08 PM
Pretty much just looking for advice on what kind of computer to buy. I know I wanted a desktop computer, but otherwise, I am clueless about all of this.

Ok :)

Let's start off with these two questions:

What type of computer are you looking to buy (a Gaming PC, something to run Office and other work-related things, etc.), and what's your budget?

Amazo Version 2.2

It's seriously sweet that you're taking the time to help me out here. Thanx.

I'm not a huge gamer, mostly the ff games. And I take a occasional college class, just because I am trying to figure out where I belong. But mainly, I used my computer for ff.

Amazo Version 2.2

:thumbup:  thanx for all the help guys, seriously sweet. i finally got a new computer, so now it's just a matter of getting  :ffvstr: up and running. i had most of my ff stuff backed up on disks,  with the exception of the stuff that I had made. :thumbdown:   but at least i am  going to get back into ff. thanx again guys, this is why this is such a great community.