News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

converting :ff: to :ffvstr:

Started by bearded, April 02, 2016, 07:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

Shazam

Pursue perfection, but accept excellence.
http://www.tskr.webeden.co.uk/

spydermann93

Yeah, there's a mod on Alex's FF that has the first mission.

But from what I remember, some of the scripts were difficult to replicate in :ffvstr:.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience in scripting for :ffvstr: to offer anything of real value :(

GogglesPizanno

I did a fairly working version of this years ago (well working with some minor glitches) but it was definitely playable. I never dove through every level in detail so there may have been some big bug at some point I didn't experience... I'll see if I can find an archive of it.

bearded

spydermann93

Wow, really? How many levels did you get through, ignoring possible bugs?

I would love to try the mod out!

hoss20

Quote from: spydermann93 on April 02, 2016, 07:12:31 PM
Yeah, there's a mod on Alex's FF that has the first mission.

But from what I remember, some of the scripts were difficult to replicate in :ffvstr:.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience in scripting for :ffvstr: to offer anything of real value :(

Alex's description on the site states that it is a BETA and was, "Only 100% verified through Level 1." I haven't checked it out myself, but it looks like the entire campaign was done, but not entirely tested. He does throw out a call for bug reports in order to finish it. It may be worth checking out. Now that Alex has been back and active for a while now, PMing might give you a better idea of where it stands.

GogglesPizanno

Dug it up.
The mod on Alex's site I believe was Renegades, which a lot of my conversion was based on. Anyhoo...

http://ffportal.negative-10.com/MOD_ff1_v1.rar (~400MB)

Just extract and create a shortcut and run it like any other mod. All the music, screens etc should be ported over so its like just like playing FF only in the FFvTR engine. I haven't touched it in years, so there may be weird earth crushing bugs at some point, but in theory, you should be able to play through the entire FF campaign.

spydermann93

Oh, thanks you guys!

I misinterpreted the description, lol!

Now I'm all excited to run through the FF storyline, again :P