Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of Vision's design?

Love
Meh
Dislike
Hate

Podmark

Let's do something classic:

It's been a noteworthy last couple of years for the Vision. He made his movie debut, got his own ongoing series, but let's take it back to the beginning: what do you think of the Vision's classic look?

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

OrWolvie1

Give me either the classic design or even the movie design, which to me, isn't bad. Personally, I hated the all white idea.

Podmark

So I'm not really a fan of Vision's original costume. It's not terrible but I find it incredibly generic. Nothing about it says the Vision to me. Vision's primary attributes are that he's a robot and that he's like a ghost. This costume doesn't say that to me, and I don't find it especially engaging either.

That said the basic silhouette is on the right track. I like his long face, the cape, and collar all work towards a ghostly visage. But the green and yellow I don't really get, just seems like they looked at the rest of the Avengers and said "what colours don't we have?"
I think the white costume makes a lot of sense, though it's a little bland.

However, I don't really dislike it, so I give it a meh.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

The thing is, I believe that the "classic" Vision costume is based on the Golden Age version. What, designed by Jack Kirby, wasn't it?

Tomato

It is very roughly based on that design, yes. I'd argue the original design is a bit closer to what Pod's suggesting though, with the ghoulish white face and the deep green bodysuit. The cover design looks more black and red rather than yellow and red, which goes a long way toward giving him a more vampiric look.

That having been said, I do actually like the classic vision outfit. True, it may not give off a very ghostly vibe, but it's classic and I love the color balance on it. It's certainly better than some other Vision designs I could name.

BentonGrey

I see Pod's point, but the costume is still distinctive and at least a little interesting.  The red face, implying red skin is pretty cool, and  you've got a nice balance of colors with this design.  I love the boldness of the yellow cape (even more so in the movie, because that took guts!).  All-in-all, I like it, but it isn't a perfect design.  It does lack a little something.  It still is immediately recognizable and says "superhero."
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/