News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

emerald empress

Started by bearded, April 25, 2016, 11:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

A release, not much, but a new start at least. It is basically Alchemiss with a wand. Somehow I lost the logo on the back, but I put it on a wand, so that's ok. I would like to put some fx on the wand, will work on that, unless someone wants to skope it on. A simple light, or sparkles maybe.
It is made for  :ffvstr:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Beardedinlairmeshes1/files
named empress.zip

When I tried to change the animation to reduce clipping, I found that max 5 is not recognizing the bip as a biped. So I can't animate the bones, or change anything. I can't even move the keyframes. Are they locked somehow? Other files seem to work fine, just the old  :ff: meshes. Any ideas why?

Ok. Weird solution. If I create a new biped and then delete it in the scene, the bips start working again.

Also, full credit to Gryphon for the Emerald Empress skin and character design.
http://www.chynaman.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/FF/FF.html

Cyber Burn

Just out of curiosity, did you start with the  :ff: Version of the Mesh, or the  :ffvstr: Version of the Mesh?

bearded

I started with  :ff: . Are there  :ffvstr: max files? It took me all day to simply get max 5 to export properly.

bearded

Well.
Now the Animation_Segments doesn't match the keyframes. Earlier it would tell me the keyframes units don't match, do I want to convert and I would say no, and it worked. Last load up it didn't ask and it's wonky. Same for my emerald max file and the alchemiss max file. Anybody encounter this, or have any idea why?
At least I manage a single export, even though it could be have been done by a skilled skoper. I want to make new keyframes...

Cyber Burn

I actually don't recall seeing any Max Files for the Irrational Characters for  :ffvstr:, and unfortunately, you're delving into territory that is beyond my Skill Level. Maybe one of the guys who know what they're doing, can step in here.  ;)

bearded

I think I just figured out the why. I couldn't move the bones because the keyframe units weren't in sync. When I create a new biped it must sync the keyframes to a setting that let's me animate them, but it throws it off in regards to the number of keyframes, hence they don't match the animation segments anymore.
Suggestions for fixing this?