A dimension of sight, sound, and of mind....

Started by Panther_Gunn, May 02, 2016, 08:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panther_Gunn

.....well, at least the first two.

Is there a list somewhere (probably not) of all of the things (typical or not) that Klaw and Dr. Light have created with their powers?  I'm pretty sure that Klaw's are usually the same reddish color, but what about Light?  Did he use different portions of the spectrum, or typically just stick to one color?

I know Benton went through this with Light, but can't remember if he figured it all out or just settled on how he wanted to handle it.  Currently, I'm more interested in documented use of their powers, since the RPG and wiki write-ups for Klaw aren't specific enough, and I'm sure Light's will be the same (or even less specific, if possible).
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

BentonGrey

Howdy PG.  What I eventually did for the DCUG was have Light able to summon multiple types of light minions in all the colors of the spectrum.  I specifically used Roman soldiers for this because there was a pretty nice story I read...I want to say in the Atom or JLA where Light did just that, summoning different types of ancient warriors of a rainbow of colors. 

I THINK it was in this issue, Atom #8:
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/the-atom-8-lockup-in-the-lethal-lightbulb/4000-6616/

I've seen him do similar things, but nothing quite like that.  I thought it was one of his better moments, though, as it really made him more of a threat, having an infinite army of multi-colored henchmen.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Panther_Gunn

Well, it wasn't that issue, but that issue *did* have him using vibratory light rays.  Definitely something they should have kept for him to make him a little more of a threat.

Are you thinking it was definitely in an Atom issue?  I can narrow my search there, and find it eventually.  I like to be able to see how things were portrayed, to help me be clear on how it was being used, so I have a better idea on how to try to recreate it, if it's not just a one-off.

BentonGrey

Hmm...it's been a number of years since I read the story.  I THINK it wasn't in JLA, but it was definitely a Silver Age tale.  Maybe Green Lantern?  It seems he only had one appearance in the Atom's book.  It is PROBABLY GL 33.

Yep, a quick check confirms it.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Panther_Gunn

[Adam West voice] Quickly Benton, to the back-issue bin![/Adam West voice]

Well, whaddya know, it was actually his next appearance after the Atom story.

So, did you set it up as individual colors for individual Summoned beings, or Private Army, or something else?  I don't necessarily want him to start off with them, but I can't think of a way to have him be able to summon more than one type at a time.  At best I can have the Summoned warrior have Private Army set to another color, but then there's the possibility of having more than one of the same color show up at a time.  I can possibly give the Summoned Private Army more than once, using a different color for each "Army", but I think I can only do each grade of PA once, unless built-ins (which is what this has to be for it to work) can bypass that and have the same attribute more than once.  I was thinking of using a different mesh for each color; one of them is more of an Adam strange type with a ray gun, but I can probably replace him with the pulp_western mesh.  I'll have to find an FX of colored bullets and match him to that color, and probably do the same for an archer.

daglob

I think you can have three "summons" as well as a "private army". I wonder if you create your minion for the private army and set the skin to "random", then have several different colored skins for the minion if it would work? I would try it, but I can't get private army to work on my computer. It would make having the Atlantean Army come to Arthur's or Namor's call easier. Have three (or whatever) specific minions for the "summon", and things could get quite crowded.

Panther_Gunn

I haven't looked recently, but does the FFX manual have details about the different grades of PA & Summoner, in regards to how many CP each PA is worth, and length of time by CP for Summoner?

I'm wondering if I just nest PA attributes to have one Summon have all seven appear (Summoned character has PA, PA character has PA, etc, etc, until the last one).  I'll have to play with the CP of all of the PA characters to get only one to appear.

Once I get some time, I can test out the random skin on PA & let you know.

BentonGrey

I believe the manual does have that info.

I wasn't worried about getting only one at a time, so I just had someone create a rainbow of legionnaire skins, created one minion, and set him on random.  I then gave Dr. Light the Summoner attribute, and, as I recall, it works and looks pretty good.  If you want to get fancier, I think going with three different types of minions, one legionnaire, one archer, one raygun, or the like, and apportioning some of the colors to each would work just fine.  There's nothing saying he couldn't summon two greens, three yellows, or what-have-you.
God Bless

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 06, 2016, 02:58:43 PMI just had someone create a rainbow of legionnaire skins

*psssst*....[whisper] that someone was me [/whisper]  ;)

BentonGrey

Haha!  Sorry PG, that was a long time ago.  :lol:  Well, yes, then, you remember.  :D
God Bless