News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Going Back on Hiatus

Started by Cyber Burn, May 06, 2016, 08:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

First and foremost, I want to apologize, I know quite a few of you have asked for help on different projects, but because of current circumstances, I won't be able to follow through. This is a really great Community though, and I fully believe that you guys can get someone else to step in to help out. But again, I'm really sorry, I really hate to do this, but I don't really have a choice here.

Secondly, I would like to thank everyone here for everything, from just putting up with me, to the friendships that have been built over the years, to being here for me during the good times and the bad. This Community has been more than great, which is why I'm not saying "Good Bye", but rather "See You Later". I have every intention of popping my head in here and there, but there won't be any content creation or anything, it'll just be to say "Hey!".

I've always said I would be a Life-Time Member of the Freedom Force Community, and I don't plan on letting that change, but I do need to take some time away for a while due to an increased workload at both Work and School. For those of you who don't know, I've been working towards getting my Special Education Teaching Credential, and I won't lie, it's been a pretty rough ride, but I've been working in Special Education for about 18 years now, and its past time for me to step up and take my own Class.

And now for the choice that really isn't a choice. It's been brought to my attention that there may be a potential job opportunity for me. If it all works out, I may be teaching my own Class in the Fall, but as it stands, I'm not sure that I'm quite eligible yet, and the amount of work that it's going to take to allow me to be even remotely eligible is just going to be insane. Unfortunately, it's not even a guaranteed position either, but it's something that I've been working towards for so long, and to finally see a light at the end of the tunnel is indescribable. The cool thing is, the position hasn't been officially announced yet either, which means that someone pretty high up on the food chain wants to see me take this Class, so whatever it takes to get me there, I have to do. Unfortunately, this is going to mean pretty much zero to no time for FF related stuff. So again, I really want to apologize because I really don't like letting my friends down.

Take care of yourselves guys, I will definitely miss hanging out with all of you.

Cyber

BentonGrey

Sheesh, CB, way to scare a guy!  That's good news!  You're right, that sounds like a great opportunity.  Those do usually tend to come with tons of work.  Do what you have to do, my friend.  Put your head down and get through whatever remains; give yourself the best chance possible.  We'll be here whenever you want to blow off steam, and we'll be here if you want to come back to content creation one day.  Either way, you're an awesome guy, and I hope you'll definitely be checking in from time to time to let us know how things are going!  As always, you're in my prayers.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

OrWolvie1

Quote from: Cyber Burn on May 06, 2016, 08:07:51 PM
First and foremost, I want to apologize, I know quite a few of you have asked for help on different projects, but because of current circumstances, I won't be able to follow through. This is a really great Community though, and I fully believe that you guys can get someone else to step in to help out. But again, I'm really sorry, I really hate to do this, but I don't really have a choice here.

Secondly, I would like to thank everyone here for everything, from just putting up with me, to the friendships that have been built over the years, to being here for me during the good times and the bad. This Community has been more than great, which is why I'm not saying "Good Bye", but rather "See You Later". I have every intention of popping my head in here and there, but there won't be any content creation or anything, it'll just be to say "Hey!".

I've always said I would be a Life-Time Member of the Freedom Force Community, and I don't plan on letting that change, but I do need to take some time away for a while due to an increased workload at both Work and School. For those of you who don't know, I've been working towards getting my Special Education Teaching Credential, and I won't lie, it's been a pretty rough ride, but I've been working in Special Education for about 18 years now, and its past time for me to step up and take my own Class.

And now for the choice that really isn't a choice. It's been brought to my attention that there may be a potential job opportunity for me. If it all works out, I may be teaching my own Class in the Fall, but as it stands, I'm not sure that I'm quite eligible yet, and the amount of work that it's going to take to allow me to be even remotely eligible is just going to be insane. Unfortunately, it's not even a guaranteed position either, but it's something that I've been working towards for so long, and to finally see a light at the end of the tunnel is indescribable. The cool thing is, the position hasn't been officially announced yet either, which means that someone pretty high up on the food chain wants to see me take this Class, so whatever it takes to get me there, I have to do. Unfortunately, this is going to mean pretty much zero to no time for FF related stuff. So again, I really want to apologize because I really don't like letting my friends down.

Take care of yourselves guys, I will definitely miss hanging out with all of you.

Cyber

First off, let me just say that, as one of the aforementioned people with a pending project, don't YOU worry about letting me down or not following through, as you put it. I've always been a firm believer that real life comes first. That isn't going to change now. That having been said, I wish to take the opportunity to say thank you to you for all the help you have given me, all the fantastic designs and creations you have made over the years, and for helping to make this Community what it is today. I'm sorry that I haven't been as active in the past years, and am only making up for that now, and have missed the interaction that should have been. But you have helped to inspire myself and others in several ways and for that, I, for one, am grateful. I wish you all the best with both school and your career. It is a challenging field you have chosen and I can think of no one better qualified to do the job. You have always seemed to me as someone who thinks of others before himself and that is a rare thing in this day and age. Those Special Education students are getting one hell of a teacher and a wonderful individual, and our loss here in the Community is definitely their gain. But, know that there is one person here for certain that will miss your guidance and your insights but will be thrilled in knowing that you are going to be making a difference in the lives of people who will benefit from it. Take care of yourself, my friend and know that in my opinion, you will always have a place here with us, and will be thought of often.

OrWolvie

daglob

All I can say is that I hope you pop in in a few months to tell us the good news about your class :)

Epimethee

I'm happy you're taking on this challenge! Don't worry, FR will be waiting for you. Cheers!
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

Deaths Jester

Great, now BG will go back to harrassing me with skin request not that Cyber is too busy.

Good luck on the job and such. Just remember to stop and take a breath sometimes when you're working your arse off.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

MikeB7

Hiya Cyber!  FR will be around forever, it seems.  :)  Thanks for your efforts to keep FXing around, it means a lot to this old-timer.   :wub:  Take care of yourself, hope to run into you again and say "Hi!" someday.  :)

...smilies.

spydermann93

You're getting your own class? That's awesome, Cyber!

I wish the best of luck to you, man! :thumbup:

If you show those kids even a twentieth of the kind of compassion and all-around amazing attitude that you show around here, those kids will have the best teacher they could ask for.

daglob

Quote from: spydermann93 on May 08, 2016, 06:35:31 PM

If you show those kids even a twentieth of the kind of compassion and all-around amazing attitude that you show around here, those kids will have the best teacher they could ask for.

Ditto.

deanjo2000

Quote from: daglob on May 08, 2016, 08:36:59 PM

Ditto.
Double ditto, I'm really happy for you and I know things will go well, as others have already said FR will always be here. Your definatly one of the good ones and it'll be nice to have some updates down the road :thumbup:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

Cyber Burn

Thank you for all the positive support guys, it really means a lot to me. So far, everything seems to be coming together pretty well in regards to the paperwork I need, but I have still have two big issues going against me. the first is a Test called the "CSET: Multiple Subject", which I'm scheduled to take next Month, but unfortunately, I wont get the results until August, which is not good. Second, my GPA is .03 points lower than they want, even though I've been working hard to bring it up, it just wasn't enough. I'm hoping that I have enough Letters of Recommendation to let them want to give me a chance. While I may not be the best Student, professionally, I am definitely the "Go To" guy, and I hope that part of my reputation is something that is focused on.

It's still only a possibility, and a very minute one at that. I'm definitely going to have to fight for this, but I want it, so fight I will.

Cyber Burn: The Assassin is armored up, and ready to start launching some power bolts!

Podmark

Good luck CB! FR will be here when things calm down.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

WyldFyre

Good luck my friend. As others have said we'll still be hanging around.
For Freedom!

hoss20

I'm sorry that I haven't chimed in before now, my friend. We wish you all the best. When one is presented with an opportunity that may alter the course of their lives for the better; it is no small thing. Shift all of your attention to the task at hand and pop back in when you can or when you need a break. You know you can always hit me up off the boards if you need anything. Good luck and let us know how things are developing. You always have friends here.

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on May 15, 2016, 06:53:33 PMSecond, my GPA is .03 points lower than they want, even though I've been working hard to bring it up, it just wasn't enough

Seriously? 0.03 under and they're complaining about that? Have they not looked at, I don't know, YOUR ACTUAL SKILLS!? 0.03 is suuuuch a small amount, too! That's like the difference between getting an A- and an A in a 1.0 credit course when you already have ten other classes with A's in them. That's bogus, man.

I understand that they are just looking out for the best for the kids (which is understandable), but do they really have to be that nitpicky? As long as you can do the job and do the job well, GPA shouldn't matter.

Quote from: Cyber Burn on May 15, 2016, 06:53:33 PMWhile I may not be the best Student, professionally, I am definitely the "Go To" guy, and I hope that part of my reputation is something that is focused on.

See? And that's what should matter. But seemingly, that's not how they run.

Here's to hoping that you can outshine the competition and get the job!

Quote from: Cyber Burn on May 15, 2016, 06:53:33 PMCyber Burn: The Assassin is armored up, and ready to start launching some power bolts!

Awwww, yeeeaah! :cool:

We're rooting for you, buddy! :thumbup:

SickAlice

Life first, you know the mantra. And congrats on all your dedication and hard work to it.

Cyber Burn

My big Test is on Friday, I am totally freaked out, and my brain is fried...wish me luck! :lol:

spydermann93

You'll do great, Cyber! :thumbup:

Just remember: Toast always lands jelly side down.

WyldFyre

For Freedom!

thalaw2

革命不会被电视转播

BentonGrey

I'm sorry I missed that, but a belated good luck!  You're staying in our prayers, my friend.  :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Cyber Burn

Hey guys, I really appreciate everyone's support, unfortunately, I wasn't quite deserving of it. That being said, here's the update:

The Job opportunity fell through for a few different reasons. Not only does the School District I work for require a hard copy of your resume, but they also employ an online system which requires quite a bit more information. This was my first problem, I've been employed with my District since 2000 (Officially, but have been working there longer). This online system wants my last 3 Employers, none of which are actually open anymore.

Problem 2, you have to scan all of your Letters of Recommendation, Test Results (Required State Testing), College Transcripts, and a few other things, and unfortunately, I don't have a Scanner at home. I had tried to go to our Special Education Office to use theirs, but it was locked and no one was there, but not a problem since I had a Key...which apparently the lock was changed, and no one let any of us know. Our new Photocopiers have the ability to scan, but no one knows where the scanned Files go. I finally figured out that you can scan the Files to a Flash Drive, but then one of my Co-Workers decided that she needed to start showing me pictures of the plumbing work that her husband was doing for a friend. I explained I had a 3:00 deadline, and she went to the next picture, it's safe to say that her interruptions cost me much needed time.

I finally got everything scanned (Except my transcripts, which were going to take another week), figured out how to upload everything, and started searching for the position I was looking to apply for...and it was gone. I looked at the clock, and it was 3:04, the position was pulled at 3:00. I failed, and I have no clue if or when another opportunity will open up like this.

As for my CSET Test, because it's a "Multiple Subject" exam, it basically covers everything under the Sun, and then some. I have been studying Day and Night, using every resource I could find. The Test is divided into 3 subtests, the first is Reading/Language and History/Social Studies, the second is Math and Science, and the third is PE/Human Development and Visual and Performing Arts. I went in feeling positive about the first two Subtests, and was hoping I could at least pass one of them, I won't get the results until mid-August, but I have to be honest, I'm not feeling very positive about this. Considering how much I studied, there were still so many things that I didn't remember seeing in any of my books.

I didn't tell anyone I work with about the possible job opportunity, because I knew I'd be to embarrassed if it didn't happen. As far as my CSETs go, I pretty much only told the Adults in my Classroom, and that was only because I was trying to find someone who had taken them recently so I had an idea of what I was going into. Unfortunately, one of them had gone around telling everyone she knew about this, even after being asked not to.

So not only do I have to live with my double failure. I also get to look forward to everyone knowing about it because my Co-Worker had to tell everyone information that wasn't hers to share.

I'm sorry for venting, ranting, and letting off steam in general, but I have really needed to get the weight off my shoulders.

daglob

Planning for next time:

I think that some UPS stores will scan stuff; not sure of the cost. Check before it is needed. I think my local library will also (but I'm sure that depends on the branch). Check friends with scanners; heck, if you lived near me I'd scan 'em for free. Your local buds will be as accommodating (or they ain't your buds).

Make a folder on your computer for "scans", put all the stuff you need in it, and burn it all to a disk (never hurts to have a backup).

You took the test-if it isn't as good as you like, how often can you take it?

No solution on listing jobs; I only had four EVER. Got funny looks when they wanted me to list the last five employers. And the first two didn't exist any longer.

Jerk who blabbed: be polite, kind and friendly. Tell her you forgive her for her actions; water under the bridge and all. She'll think you are up to something.

Same thing for the co-worker with a plumbing fetish.

Consider this a dry run for the REAL application.

And... you never can tell; maybe there won't be an applicant who is what they want, or maybe the person they hire will get in the job and suffer a critical failure, and the job will come back around. WE are still rooting for you.

...and the only way you never fail is to never try (who said that? Wasn't Yoda...),

spydermann93

I don't know if you've tried this, but is there contact information to an HR representative on that site you tried to post to? Try contacting them, tell them that you'd really like the job and due to several circumstances you couldn't submit the file on time. The worst they can say is "no," but it seems like you're already expecting that answer, so you might as well try.

As for the excessively talkative people, you have to be upfront with them. Even if they don't stop talking after you've explained that you're busy, you just have to ignore them for the time being. Trust me, I sometimes get stuck listening to people talk and talk and talk and talk, all because I'm being too polite to tell them I have to go.  But if you have an important deadline, do not be afraid (and more importantly, don't think that you're now the most terrible person in the world) to just ignore them while you do what you need to do.  It sucks, yeah, but you gotta do what you gotta do.  Given your personality, I don't think anybody would fault you for it, either.  Telling people to wait/stop talking doesn't strike me as something you'd do if you didn't have a good reason to.

And don't be embarrassed, Cyber! The road to success is paved with failures (I'm not trying to imply that you make a lot of them, just that **** happens), and like DaGlob said, consider this your "dry run for the REAL application."  Honestly, there might be some people who will understand and help you get through this rough patch.  I don't know about you, but to me that's worth any potential embarrassment from any, erm, "unsupportive" coworkers.

Just keep your chin up, your spirits lifted, dust yourself off, and try again. You can do it, man! I have faith in you! :thumbup:

WyldFyre

Quote from: daglob on June 22, 2016, 06:22:11 PM
No solution on listing jobs; I only had four EVER. Got funny looks when they wanted me to list the last five employers. And the first two didn't exist any longer.

Jerk who blabbed: be polite, kind and friendly. Tell her you forgive her for her actions; water under the bridge and all. She'll think you are up to something.

Same thing for the co-worker with a plumbing fetish.

Consider this a dry run for the REAL application.

And... you never can tell; maybe there won't be an applicant who is what they want, or maybe the person they hire will get in the job and suffer a critical failure, and the job will come back around. WE are still rooting for you.

...and the only way you never fail is to never try (who said that? Wasn't Yoda...),

Ditto per DaGlob.

Quote from: spydermann93 on June 22, 2016, 08:10:03 PM
And don't be embarrassed, Cyber! The road to success is paved with failures (I'm not trying to imply that you make a lot of them, just that **** happens), and like DaGlob said, consider this your "dry run for the REAL application."  Honestly, there might be some people who will understand and help you get through this rough patch.  I don't know about you, but to me that's worth any potential embarrassment from any, erm, "unsupportive" coworkers.

Just keep your chin up, your spirits lifted, dust yourself off, and try again. You can do it, man! I have faith in you! :thumbup:

Ditto again.

I can only add that I feel ya on the past jobs. (4 for me and 2 are no longer around)  Having said that, co-workers can sometimes be a pain. I have learned (as a boss) a simple "don't you have work to do?" works wonders.  Even for a peer.

I hope you know we are all pulling for you. You can do it.
For Freedom!

BentonGrey

Quote from: Cyber Burn on June 22, 2016, 05:36:28 PM
Hey guys, I really appreciate everyone's support, unfortunately, I wasn't quite deserving of it. That being said, here's the update:

Not a bit of it!  You're a deserving fellow, no doubt about it, and our support remains unwavering!  Nothing you described there is any reflection on your worthiness, my friend.  You're an amazing guy, and if this one didn't work out, it isn't the end of the road.

Everyone has offered some great stuff here already, CB, let me second DG's advice, especially about just considering this a dry run.  Now you'll know exactly what is involved, and you'll be able to hit the ground running next time.  And there is definitely nothing to be lost by trying to submit late.

Our prayers remain with you my friend.  I know this is a tough blow, but it is not the end.  I had my share of failures before I got into my doctoral program, and I even wondered if I had a future in academia.  Yet, years and more than a few failures later, I'm right where I want to be.  Keep the faith, my friend. 
God Bless

daglob

Also, if you can talk to some HR type, express the interest you have in the position, or any similar position. Sometimes they remember.

Wouldn't hurt to call HR in a week or two and ask if a decision has been reached and the position awarded. Don't ask who got it; they probably won't tell. Thank them politely.

And IF they don't have a sufficiently acceptable submission, you may be asked to send yours on in (most places have as one of their rules that they may waive any and all requirements in a job posting if it is to their advantage).

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: daglob on June 23, 2016, 01:23:37 AM
Also, if you can talk to some HR type, express the interest you have in the position, or any similar position. Sometimes they remember.

Wouldn't hurt to call HR in a week or two and ask if a decision has been reached and the position awarded. Don't ask who got it; they probably won't tell. Thank them politely.

Just to emphasize this point, employers/HR will tend to remember potential applicants that are positive and proactive.  Cold calling and calling back to follow up are steps that most people won't take because they are the hardest ones for most of us.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

BentonGrey

God Bless

Cyber Burn

Thanks guys, I definitely appreciate the advice, unfortunately, in this case, HR had nothing to do with this opportunity, and would have had no clue as to what I was talking about. But every cloud has a silver lining I guess. I just found out that there may be another position opening up in December. Again, this is another position that hasn't been advertised, but this would be a much better opportunity for me. Now that time is on my side, we'll see how this plays out.