News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Cyclops FX?

Started by OrWolvie1, May 20, 2016, 09:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OrWolvie1

Hello all,
             Still plugging away on my mod, and things are coming together, if a bit slowly. But I have a request for any of you FX makers out there. I am looking for a wide angle beam FX for Cyclops' optic blasts. There was one I came across several years ago, but I don't care for it at all. What I'm interested in is a cone shaped, solid beam, that of course starts out at the eyes, and widens out to about 3/4 of an inch at a limited range. Any thoughts, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cyber Burn

I would have to unpack my FF Stuff to even consider trying anything, but would a Cone FX that starts from the Eyes work? Of course you'd still need to find the right Start and End Nifs though. But this would give you your limited range, cone shaped, FX.

BentonGrey

I use cones.  It isn't perfect, as you're right that he fires more or less flat angles, but it gets pretty close.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Hey OrWolvie, could you please send me the Cyclops Mesh you're using, while I'm not in a position to make promises, I can at least experiment, and having that would really help. And who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and find something that works.

OrWolvie1

Quote from: Cyber Burn on July 08, 2016, 02:39:31 PM
Hey OrWolvie, could you please send me the Cyclops Mesh you're using, while I'm not in a position to make promises, I can at least experiment, and having that would really help. And who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and find something that works.

I can do that. Might take me a couple of days as I have a lot going on right now but I will do it as soon as time permits.