News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sentinels of the Multiverse Game 10

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, May 24, 2016, 12:45:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

Sorry, I missed where you all finished your discard.

And now I am skipping town for a week. I'll finish this when I get back.

Sorry for the delay.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Glitch Girl

[pulls a deck of  playing cards out of her utility belt]

Anyone for Poker?
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

I am, by the way back.  I'll get things underway shortly.

Deaths Jester

<plays All Villians Fall Down> Oh yeah! :-P
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Reepicheep

Glitch Girl

[throws confetti]   :lol:

Seriously though, what happened to cat?
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

I keep getting distracted.  I'll get to it as soon as I check out that confetti.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Sorry, I like keep forgetting that this is a thing.

Anyhow, it seems that I have Fanatic's hand down wrong. It should be.

Spoiler
Consecrated Ground: One-Shot--Destroy an ongoing card or an Environment card. Fanatic deals up to 3 Targets 1 Radiant Damage each.
Smite the Transgressor: One-Shot--Fanatic deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. You may use an additional power this turn.
Prayer of Desperation: One-Shot--Draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand.Immediately end your turn.
Sacrosanct Martyr: Ongoing, Limited--Power: Fanatic deals herself up to 5 Radiant Damage. Fanatic deals 1 Target X Radiant Damage, where X = the amount of Radiant Damage dealt to Fanatic this turn.
Aegis of Resurrection: Equipment, Relic, Limited--When Fanatic drops to 0 or fewer HP, restore Fanatic to 10 HP, then, destroy this card.
Aegis of Resurrection: Equipment, Relic, Limited--When Fanatic drops to 0 or fewer HP, restore Fanatic to 10 HP, then, destroy this card.

You'll have to choose a different discard.  Sorry.

Reepicheep

Having consulted a whole bunch of guides, I'll discard Sacrosanct Martyr

catwhowalksbyhimself

Everyone then hits themselved for 1 damage.

That makes it Fanatic's turn.

Villain Ongoing Effects
At the start of the Villain turn, shuffle the Environment trash into the Environment Deck.(Nuit)

Hero Ongoing Effects
Wraith may use two powers in her Power phase.(Utility Belt)

Environment Ongoing Effects

Side: The Power of the Ennead

Spoiler

The Power of the Ennead
At the start of the Villain turn, if there are no cards beneath The Shrine of the Ennead, flip this card. Whenever there are no Villain Targets in play, the Heroes win.

The Ennead in Force
At the end of the Villain turn, each Villain Target regains (H) minus 2 HP.Whenever there are no Villain Targets in play, the Heroes win.

Deck: 16
Trash: 4

Ennead in Play:

Osiris: Lord of Silence
HP: 13/27
The first time a [Purple Ankh] card is put into the Villain trash each turn, each Player discards 1 card and each Hero Target deals themselves 1 Psychic Damage.
Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, destroy the Target with the lowest HP, other than a Character card.

Shu: Breath of the Wind
HP: 23/24
This card is immune to Melee and Projectile Damage. The first time a [Red Sun] or [Green Hand] card is put into the Villain trash each turn, each non-Hero Target regains 1 HP.
Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, play the top card of the Environment deck.

Set: God of Storms
HP: 20/26
The first time a [Red Sun] card is put into the Villain trash each turn, play the top card of the Villain deck. The first time a [Green Hand] card is put into the Villain trash each turn, this card deals each Hero Target 1 Lightning Damage.
Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, play the top card of each deck in turn order, starting with the Villain deck.

Ennead Incapacitated:

Nuit: She Who Protects
Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, shuffle the Environment trash into the Environment Deck.

Ennead Underneath the Shrine of the Ennead:
Spoiler

Atum: World Finisher
HP: 30/30
The first time a [Purple Ankh] card is put into the Villain trash each turn, reveal cards from the top of the Villain deck until a [Red Sun] card is revealed. Play that card. Shuffle the other revealed cards back into the Villain deck.
Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, shuffle the Villain trash into the Villain deck.

Geb: Earthquake Speaker
HP: 32/32
The first time a [Green Hand] card is put into the Villain trash each turn, this card deals the non-Villain Targets with the highest HP 2 Melee Damage each.
Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, each Player puts the top card of their Hero deck on the bottom of their Hero deck.

Isis: Matriarch of Magic
HP: 26/26
The first time a [Green Hand] or [Purple Ankh] card is put into the Villain trash each turn, this card deals the Hero with the most cards in play 2 Infernal Damage.
At the start of the Villain turn, discard the top (H) cards of each Hero deck.

Nephthys: Life Warden
HP: 28/28
The first time a [Green Hand] card is put into the Villain trash each turn, this card deals each Hero Target 1 Fire Damage. The first time a [Purple Ankh] card is put into the Villain trash each turn, each Villain Target regains 1 HP.
Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, each Villain Target regains 1 HP.

Tefnut: Warrior of the Flood
HP: 29/29
The first time a [Green Hand] card is put into the Villain trash each turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP 2 Melee Damage.
Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, each Player discards 1 card.

HP: 27/31

Available Powers
Redeem: Fanatic regains 1 HP. Draw 1 card.
"Absolution": Select Melee, Fire, or Radiant as this card's Damage type. Fanatic deals 1 Target 3 Damage of that type.

Deck: 32
Hand: 5
Spoiler

Consecrated Ground: One-Shot--Destroy an ongoing card or an Environment card. Fanatic deals up to 3 Targets 1 Radiant Damage each.
Smite the Transgressor: One-Shot--Fanatic deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. You may use an additional power this turn.
Prayer of Desperation: One-Shot--Draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand.Immediately end your turn.
In Play: 1
-Absolution--Equipment, Relic, Limited
Spoiler

"Absolution": Equipment, Relic, Limited--When this card enters play, Fanatic regains 1 HP.Power: Select Melee, Fire, or Radiant as this card's Damage type. Fanatic deals 1 Target 3 Damage of that type.

HP: 18/27
Available Powers:
Tough Choices: Draw a card or play a card. How to choose?! Also, Guise deals 1 target 1 melee damage. But Who?!

Deck: 29
Hand: 7
Spoiler

Total Beefcake:Ongoing, Limited--Who would want to hurt such a beauty? The first time Guise would be dealt damage each turn, redirect that damage to the non-hero target with the lowest HP. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Where Did I Leave That ...: One-shot--Draw 2 cards. Did you get what you were looking for? If so, good .If not, you may discard the 2 cards you just drew to put a card from your trash in your hand.
Uh, Yeah, I'm That Guy!: Ongoing, Limited--When this card enters play, give another player a high-five. If you do, treat this card as if it had the game text of every ongoing card in that player's play area, replacing their hero's name with Guise. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
I Can Do That, Too!: One-shot--Guise uses a power printed on an active hero character card in play. If that power has the name of a hero in it, treat that name as if it were Guise instead.
Where Did I Leave That ...: One-shot--Draw 2 cards. Did you get what you were looking for? If so, good .If not, you may discard the 2 cards you just drew to put a card from your trash in your hand.
Blatant Reference: Ongoing, Limited--Look how cool I am! Just like that actor, whatshisname. At the end of each hero turn, you may discard 1 card. If you do, Guise deals 1 target 1 projectile damage. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Blatant Reference: Ongoing, Limited--Look how cool I am! Just like that actor, whatshisname. At the end of each hero turn, you may discard 1 card. If you do, Guise deals 1 target 1 projectile damage. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
In Play: 0

Spoiler

HP: 20/26

Available Powers
Stealth: Reduce the next Damage that would be dealt to The Wraith by 2.

Deck: 29
Hand: 3
Spoiler

Inventory Barrage: One-Shot--Destroy all of your Equipment cards. The Wraith deals 1 Target X Projectile Damage, where X = 2 times the number of cards destroyed this way.
Throat Jab: One-Shot--The Wraith deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. The Target dealt Damage this way cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn.
Grappling Hook: One-Shot--Destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card. You may draw a card.
In Play: 4
-Utility Belt--Equipment Limited
-Throwing Knives--Equipment Limited
-Micro Targeting Computer--Equipment Limited
-Razor Ordinance--Equipment Limited
-Infrared Eyepiece--Equipment Limited
Spoiler

Infrared Eyepiece: Equipment, Limited--Power: Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck. Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom. Draw a card.
Razor Ordinance: Equipment, Limited--Power: The Wraith deals 1 Target 3 Projectile Damage.
Micro Targeting Computer:Equipment, Limited--Increase Projectile Damage dealt by The Wraith by 2.
Utility Belt: Equipment, Limited--You may use an additional power during your power phase.
Throwing Knives:Equipment, Limited--Power: The Wraith deals up to 3 Targets 1 Projectile Damage each.

Deck: 14
Trash: 0
In Play: 1
-Idol of Anput--Treasure, Relic
Spoiler

Idol of Anput: Treasure, Relic--When a Trial card is destroyed, 1 Player may place this card in their play area. They gain the following Power: Power: Regain 2 HP.

Reepicheep

I'll play Smite the Transgressor on Shu and use my extra power to put an Aegis of Resurrection in play. Then I'll hit Shu again with Absolution, radiant damage.

Deaths Jester

My move

Spoiler
Will use power on Osiris and draw 2

Glitch Girl

To hurry things along, my move
Spoiler

Not playing any cards this round.

Razor Ordinance on Osiris, then Throwing Knives on Osiris and Set.
-Glitch Girl

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Reepicheep on August 11, 2016, 09:14:16 AM
I'll play Smite the Transgressor on Shu and use my extra power to put an Aegis of Resurrection in play. Then I'll hit Shu again with Absolution, radiant damage.

You get an extra power, not an extra play.  You have no powers that allow you to play an extra card.  Also, Smite the Transgressor won't work on Shu.  He's immune to melee.

Reepicheep

Wow, that break really lost me my mojo.

Awwright, smite the transgressor on Osiris instead, then use each of my powers with Shu targetted by Absolution.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Fanatic draws.

Spoiler

Wrathful Retribution: One-Shot--Discard 3 cards.If you do, Fanatic deals 1 Target X Radiant Damage, where X = Fanatic's maximum HP minus her current HP.

Guise draws
Spoiler

Super Ultra Kawaii!!   : Ongoing, Limited--I'm not just a hero, I'm a magical love prince! At the end of each Hero turn, if you have more than H cards in your hand, you may play a card.At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Gimmicky Character: One-Shot--Discard the top card of every deck. Guise regains HP equal to the number of target cards discarded. You may play a card. What's wrong with shark-jumping, anyway?

Wraith draws
Spoiler

Trust Fund: One-Shot--Draw 4 cards, then discard 2 cards.

It is the environment's turn.

Start: Nothing
Play: Spike Trap   : Trial   --At the end of the Environment turn, a Player may destroy 1 of their Equipment cards to destroy this card. At the start of the Environment turn, deal the Target with the lowest HP 3 Melee Damage.
End: Does anyone wish to destroy an Equipment card?

Reepicheep

I'll knock it out later on my turn with Consecrated Ground, so folks can keep their equipment.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Start: Environment Trash gets reshuffled into deck.  (No trash, but deck still gets reshuffled)

Play: Mass Overheating: One-Shot, [Red Sun]--Destroy (H) minus 1 Equipment cards. The Villain Target with the highest HP deals each Hero Target (H) minus 2 Fire Damage.

This triggers Shu, healing every non hero target for 1.

This also triggers Set, playing another card

Mass Overheating: One-Shot, [Red Sun]--Destroy (H) minus 1 Equipment cards. The Villain Target with the highest HP deals each Hero Target (H) minus 2 Fire Damage.

So choose 4 out of your 6 Equipment cards to be destroyed, then everyone takes 1 Fire damage twice.

Deaths Jester

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Deaths Jester on August 13, 2016, 05:24:32 PM
Whatever equip cards I got, junk.

Do no not have even a single one in your entire deck.

Wraith, on the other hand, has 5 out of the 6.

Glitch Girl

Unfortunately.  Dang it.

BTW: Does this include card in hands (like Grappling Hook) or just cards in play.

Throwing-Knives and Infrared Eyepiece will go for sure I know that.  That leaves two more to destroy, correct?

-Glitch Girl

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Glitch Girl on August 14, 2016, 01:20:04 AM
Unfortunately.  Dang it.

BTW: Does this include card in hands (like Grappling Hook) or just cards in play.

Throwing-Knives and Infrared Eyepiece will go for sure I know that.  That leaves two more to destroy, correct?
Yes, two more.
The word destroy only refers to things already in play.  Things in hand can only be discarded.

Reepicheep

I guess I lose absolution. Holy moly, that's a mean move.

catwhowalksbyhimself

So then Wraith needs to lose 1 more.

Glitch Girl

Razor Ordinance melts into a pile of goo.  I'll keep Utility Belt and Targeting Computer in hopes I draw some new projectiles soon.
-Glitch Girl

Deaths Jester

Man, what I would do to be able to slap a Retcon on this...

Deaths Jester

To get us back on track...my move:

Spoiler
Play Total Beefcake, use power on Osiris and draw 2.

Glitch Girl

I think Cat is hiding after a blow like that.   ;)

He better hurry and get back, I'll be MIA for about a week at the start of September.
-Glitch Girl

catwhowalksbyhimself

I'm here, it's just that I completely forget about this, or I promise myself to do this one thing first and then completely forget about it.  There's a reason I've chosen a cat as my online avatar.

So it's Fanatics turn.

Villain Ongoing Effects
At the start of the Villain turn, shuffle the Environment trash into the Environment Deck.(Nuit)

Hero Ongoing Effects
Wraith may use two powers in her Power phase.(Utility Belt)

Environment Ongoing Effects

Side: The Power of the Ennead

Spoiler

The Power of the Ennead
At the start of the Villain turn, if there are no cards beneath The Shrine of the Ennead, flip this card. Whenever there are no Villain Targets in play, the Heroes win.

The Ennead in Force
At the end of the Villain turn, each Villain Target regains (H) minus 2 HP.Whenever there are no Villain Targets in play, the Heroes win.

Deck: 16

Ennead in Play:

Osiris: Lord of Silence
HP: 3/27
The first time a [Purple Ankh] card is put into the Villain trash each turn, each Player discards 1 card and each Hero Target deals themselves 1 Psychic Damage.
Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, destroy the Target with the lowest HP, other than a Character card.

Shu: Breath of the Wind
HP: 21/24
This card is immune to Melee and Projectile Damage. The first time a [Red Sun] or [Green Hand] card is put into the Villain trash each turn, each non-Hero Target regains 1 HP.
Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, play the top card of the Environment deck.

Set: God of Storms
HP: 18/26
The first time a [Red Sun] card is put into the Villain trash each turn, play the top card of the Villain deck. The first time a [Green Hand] card is put into the Villain trash each turn, this card deals each Hero Target 1 Lightning Damage.
Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, play the top card of each deck in turn order, starting with the Villain deck.

Ennead Incapacitated:

Nuit: She Who Protects
Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, shuffle the Environment trash into the Environment Deck.

Ennead Underneath the Shrine of the Ennead:
Spoiler

Atum: World Finisher
HP: 30/30
The first time a [Purple Ankh] card is put into the Villain trash each turn, reveal cards from the top of the Villain deck until a [Red Sun] card is revealed. Play that card. Shuffle the other revealed cards back into the Villain deck.
Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, shuffle the Villain trash into the Villain deck.

Geb: Earthquake Speaker
HP: 32/32
The first time a [Green Hand] card is put into the Villain trash each turn, this card deals the non-Villain Targets with the highest HP 2 Melee Damage each.
Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, each Player puts the top card of their Hero deck on the bottom of their Hero deck.

Isis: Matriarch of Magic
HP: 26/26
The first time a [Green Hand] or [Purple Ankh] card is put into the Villain trash each turn, this card deals the Hero with the most cards in play 2 Infernal Damage.
At the start of the Villain turn, discard the top (H) cards of each Hero deck.

Nephthys: Life Warden
HP: 28/28
The first time a [Green Hand] card is put into the Villain trash each turn, this card deals each Hero Target 1 Fire Damage. The first time a [Purple Ankh] card is put into the Villain trash each turn, each Villain Target regains 1 HP.
Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, each Villain Target regains 1 HP.

Tefnut: Warrior of the Flood
HP: 29/29
The first time a [Green Hand] card is put into the Villain trash each turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP 2 Melee Damage.
Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, each Player discards 1 card.

HP: 26/31

Available Powers
Redeem: Fanatic regains 1 HP. Draw 1 card.
"Absolution": Select Melee, Fire, or Radiant as this card's Damage type. Fanatic deals 1 Target 3 Damage of that type.

Deck: 28
Hand: 6
Spoiler

Wrathful Retribution: One-Shot--Discard 3 cards.If you do, Fanatic deals 1 Target X Radiant Damage, where X = Fanatic's maximum HP minus her current HP.
Trash: 6
Spoiler

HP: 16/27
Available Powers:
Tough Choices: Draw a card or play a card. How to choose?! Also, Guise deals 1 target 1 melee damage. But Who?!

Deck: 27
Hand: 9
Spoiler

Super Ultra Kawaii!!   : Ongoing, Limited--I'm not just a hero, I'm a magical love prince! At the end of each Hero turn, if you have more than H cards in your hand, you may play a card.At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Gimmicky Character: One-Shot--Discard the top card of every deck. Guise regains HP equal to the number of target cards discarded. You may play a card. What's wrong with shark-jumping, anyway?
Total Beefcake:Ongoing, Limited--Who would want to hurt such a beauty? The first time Guise would be dealt damage each turn, redirect that damage to the non-hero target with the lowest HP. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Uh, Yeah, I'm That Guy!: Ongoing, Limited--When this card enters play, give another player a high-five. If you do, treat this card as if it had the game text of every ongoing card in that player's play area, replacing their hero's name with Guise. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
I Can Do That, Too!: One-shot--Guise uses a power printed on an active hero character card in play. If that power has the name of a hero in it, treat that name as if it were Guise instead.

Spoiler

HP: 18/26

Available Powers
Stealth: Reduce the next Damage that would be dealt to The Wraith by 2.

Deck: 28
Hand: 4
Spoiler

Trust Fund: One-Shot--Draw 4 cards, then discard 2 cards.
Inventory Barrage: One-Shot--Destroy all of your Equipment cards. The Wraith deals 1 Target X Projectile Damage, where X = 2 times the number of cards destroyed this way.
Throat Jab: One-Shot--The Wraith deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. The Target dealt Damage this way cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn.
Grappling Hook: One-Shot--Destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card. You may draw a card.
Trash: 6
In Play: 2
-Utility Belt--Equipment Limited
-Micro Targeting Computer--Equipment Limited
Spoiler

Micro Targeting Computer:Equipment, Limited--Increase Projectile Damage dealt by The Wraith by 2.
Utility Belt: Equipment, Limited--You may use an additional power during your power phase.

Deck: 13
Trash: 0
In Play: 2
-Idol of Anput--Treasure, Relic
-Idol of Anput--Trial
Spoiler

Spike Trap: Trial--At the end of the Environment turn, a Player may destroy 1 of their Equipment cards to destroy this card. At the start of the Environment turn, deal the Target with the lowest HP 3 Melee Damage.
Idol of Anput: Treasure, Relic--When a Trial card is destroyed, 1 Player may place this card in their play area. They gain the following Power: Power: Regain 2 HP.

Reepicheep

I'll play consecrated ground to get rid of spike trap and hit all three deities. Then I'll use Redeem.