News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sentinels of the Multiverse Game 10

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, May 24, 2016, 12:45:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reepicheep

Such a cheap win. I wish they were actual people so I can be really, really angry at them and not invite them to my birthday party.

Deaths Jester

We really needed one more player to handle this...along with some better draws (could've used Guise the Barbarian earlier). I'm really amazed, though, that I was the last to go because many times I thought I'd fall only to not.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

catwhowalksbyhimself

The Ennead tend to be much harder with fewer players, especially compared to other villains.  You ended up taking on 7 of them, which is over twice your own number.  With 4 players, you would have faced 8, only at twice your number and five players would have faced the full nine, but at under twice their numbers.  With three you can fight 9, so up to three times, but with 5 players, they can still only face up to nine, which is FAR easier with 2 extra heroes.

Still you did surprisingly well in spite of the some of the unlucky draws.

That was also an unusually long game.  Not just in real time, but as far as number of rounds.  Brutally long in fact.

Good job all, in spite of the challenges.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Glitch Girl

That's good to know at least. 

I'm up for another game eventually, but after a break first.  A little unwind time, plus holidays are coming up.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Reepicheep

It'd be fun to consider some FR themed custom decks.

I feel we'd have won if we'd had nipple hoses.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Reepicheep on November 01, 2016, 07:09:07 PM

There are, in fact, several available.  The Ant, Minute Man, and Tombstone all appear to be in playable state.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on November 01, 2016, 08:03:46 PM
Quote from: Reepicheep on November 01, 2016, 07:09:07 PM

There are, in fact, several available.  The Ant, Minute Man, and Tombstone all appear to be in playable state.

IF we are doing that then Tombstone is mine!!!!  MINE!!!  MIIIINNNNEEE!!!  Otherwise...eh... ;P

Reepicheep

Glitch Girl

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

You may have Tombstone, my friend.

Here's a link to the tracking thread.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1297634/freedom-force-deck-tracking/page/1

And Nuclear Winter/Red Oktober

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23518840#23518840

We will, as GG said, take a bit of a break first though.

Glitch Girl

-Glitch Girl

Deaths Jester

You poked? And why did you poke so hard?

Glitch Girl

sorry, but I was getting antsy for another game.  It has been about 6 months.
-Glitch Girl

Deaths Jester

I'm ready for a new one too but I think we might be the only two players interested...

catwhowalksbyhimself

I suppose I can maybe start one up next week.  Probably going to put off the FF custom 1 until later as I don't feel like trying to figure out how to similar decks I dont' actually have.

Glitch Girl

-Glitch Girl

Reepicheep

Deaths Jester

<wanders around in his Guise onesy>

catwhowalksbyhimself

Sorry, I will get around to it eventually.

Deaths Jester

That's okay, I was just showing off my onesy.

Reepicheep

*Takes photos of DJ modelling his onesie*

catwhowalksbyhimself

I am updating the hero list now.  I was meaning to just remove the additional pictures, but as the creators of this game now have a podcast explaining in detail the lore behind the game, I couldn't resist updating a few entries along the way.

Should be ready to start soonish.