Independence Day Challenge 2016... fading into the distance...

Started by daglob, June 07, 2016, 11:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Yep, it's that time of year. The challenge is to create some kind of patriotic content and put it someplace that your peers (that's us) can see it and marvel at its' awesomeness. You can do up your avatar in red, white, and blue, create your own patriotic character, do a character from the golden age (believe me, I've barely started on the obscure patriotic characters from that age), or, go back to the old sod, and create a patriotic character from the country your ancestors called home. FX, mini-mods, props, universal keyframes that included a salute, amalgams, making everybody a Captain America-type shield-slinger (there exists a Female Amazon Sword Shield that you can hide the sword...)... anything your heart desires.

The rules are simple:

Have fun

let us see what you did

Deadline is July 4th

daglob

Weekender here is an obscure golden age patriotic hero from Great Britain. You can't get much more obscure because he never had a single adventure. Weekender Comics were remaindered American comics with new covers. Green Light Comics, Liberty Comics, and Red Star Comics were similar. Weekender appeared only on the covers of this comic, never inside. Inside you never knew what you might get. Weekender tended to have stories from Harry A. Chesler Publications, so you might see Rocketman and Rocketgirl, or maybe The Black Dwarf. Anyway, since it was World War II, here you have a guy draped in The Union Jack.

deanjo2000

Im in.
American Crusader.

If i find time there is somebody else i want to do too.

I did find a little time (not much thats why he looks rushed )
Stan lee's the super patriot.

Hes actually a bag guy :D
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

daglob

This is just some patriotic guy based on a pic I saw on the internet.

American Crusader looks great!

Cyber Burn

I just have to make it through Monday, then hopefully I can give this a whirl.

daglob

Aaaaahh... ya got almost 20 days. Don't sweat it.

daglob

Cyber Burn

This is about as far from being finished as you can possibly get. The Skope is not done, the Extras are not mine, and the list goes on. I just wanted to have something posted in the event that I didn't finish. I didn't really like my last attempt at making a Patriotic version of my Avatar (I think it was for last year's Challenge), so I wanted to try and redeem myself at least a little bit.

But, like I said, this is far from being finished, I think the Extras were from the Standard Skin from Renegade's USAgent Mesh, and I believe the Shield is by Murs. Base Skins should be by Murs and C6.

deanjo2000

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

spydermann93

daglob

That is an excellent design, excellent execution, just excellent everything.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

Cyber Burn

I had previewed these guys once before (Quite a while ago), but I never had the chance to update them I lost the Files. I mean, quite literally, poof, and they're gone. The only reason I even found this pic was because it was still on Photobucket.

Anyways, this is another one I want to re-do, and the Challenge is a perfect opportunity for it.

cmdrkoenig67

Hi Freedom Folks,  this is a patriotic hero I came up with a while back...

Lady Patriot (Katrina Van Laurent):  This college coed stumbled across a canister of Energy X while on her way home from a 4th of July parade.  Full of patriotic spirit for her great country, Katrina was transformed by the mysterious energy and given amazing abilities.  Her strength and durability were increased to superhuman levels and she also gained the power of flight. 

Inspired by the parade and the presence of Minute Man and Liberty Lad as the grand marshalls, Katrina donned a costume of stars and stripes, vowing to battle crime wherever she encountered it.

Cyber Burn

Now, that is awesome! Plus, she looks like she would fit perfectly into the Freedom Force Universe.  :thumbup:

BentonGrey

Ohh man, those are some great designs!  I love the Lady Patriot, Cmdr!  She looks like a classic Golden Age patriotic heroine.  The white hair is particularly striking.

CB, man, I love that avatar design.  Nice job coming up with something that totally works, but isn't just a Cap clone.  I like it.  :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

This is yet another version of the skin I've done for Tommy's bump mapped Captain America. I've found that Nvidia will make "normal" maps, and have been trying to see what I can do. Next to Cap is Liberty Girl, a skin/scope that I really need to release sometime.

daglob

bearded

It is skinned on. I was trying to emulate the Cyber Burn style, but not as good of course.
I think I am using Dark Jared's base, and I used the Andrew Davis tutorial to bring up the shadows and muscle tones.
The white stripes got really distorted at the top, and I'm trying to figure out how to do the shadows properly where the shirt touches the skin.
Does anyone have the wiremap to that hair? It is Beyonder.

Any guesses who she is supposed to be?

Cyber Burn

Not Vagabond...What's the other one's name...Free Spirit? I think that's it.

Cyber Burn

Sorry for the double post. Unfortunately, this still isn't quite finished, I seem to be a bit more rusty than I had thought with NifSkope, so my Skope didn't turn out very well. And I'm more than a bit out of practice with Skinning as well, and unfortunately, that shows as well. But for now, here's a temporary version of my Patriotic Avatar, at least until I get around to finishing it anyway.

spydermann93

daglob

daglob

While the deadline is here, I hope Bearded will show us the results of his work.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: bearded on July 03, 2016, 11:50:12 PM
It is skinned on. I was trying to emulate the Cyber Burn style, but not as good of course.
I think I am using Dark Jared's base, and I used the Andrew Davis tutorial to bring up the shadows and muscle tones.
The white stripes got really distorted at the top, and I'm trying to figure out how to do the shadows properly where the shirt touches the skin.
Does anyone have the wiremap to that hair? It is Beyonder.

Any guesses who she is supposed to be?

I don't know how I blanked on this, do you know the name of the Mesh? If I have it, then I'll be able to grab the WireMap with NifSkope for you.

bearded

daglob hooked me up.
I don't think I'm going to consider it finished soon enough. Good start on next year.