News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sentinels on Steam

Started by bearded, June 10, 2016, 02:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

http://store.steampowered.com/app/337150/
Is this posted somewhere else? Mostly positive reviews, I went ahead and got it. Anybody else?

spydermann93

Yeah, it was discussed in the "Posting Games" forums. Super fun game.

My friends and I all play as a hero and have tried beating every single villain in an "Iron Man" mode.  The rule is simple: if a hero is defeated, you can't use them. That's it. You go through each villain once until you beat all of them. Super challenging, but really fun to do!

detourne_me

It's on sale right now.
I've never played before, but tempted to get the 5 pack for 5 bucks, then I could gift the games to people.

EDIT: I picked up the 5-pack.  have a few more copies to gift. any takers?

BentonGrey

Hey DM, I'd sort of like to check it out if you've still got some copies.

My Steam name is bentongrey.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

catwhowalksbyhimself

I already sent a message to Benton and detourne, but am available to play with/teach the game whenever.  Steam name is the same as my forum name and I even use the same avatar.

Even if I'm already in a game, send me a message and I'll switch over when I can.

I just hope you didn't assume the game would ONLY cost a buck, because if you like it, you're going to want the Season 1 pass sooner or later.  Fair warning.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Glitch Girl

I admit, I've been curious about the video game version.  If there are leftovers I might be interested.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

spydermann93

Yeah, now would be the perfect time to pick up the game.

I think playing with friends (hotseat or online) makes the game much more enjoyable, but it's still fun by oneself.

And yeah, Cat is right about the expansions. You will most definitely be wanting them later on :P

detourne_me

yeah, I thought about that season pass thing.... maybe after i get a few games in!
GG,  pm me with your email or steam name, I've got one last copy for you.

BentonGrey

Thanks DM!  I appreciate the gift!  And thanks Cat, I will take you up on your kind offer sooner or later.  :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

BentonGrey

I've been really enjoying this game.  Thanks again, DM!  It's great fun, but I have to say, Citizen Dawn is quite maddeningly hard!  I've beaten everyone else, but she is just plain nasty, and that 'Cleansing Aurora' card has to be the ugliest in the game.  Sheesh!

I finally beat her!  It took five heroes and several tries, but I managed it.  Yikes!
God Bless

catwhowalksbyhimself

Believe it or not, a couple of the expansion villains make her look like a walk in the park.  She's still tough, but she's no Chairman.

She's by far the hardest of the staring four, though and more than the others generally requires some experience playing her to be able to win.  And even then it can be touch and go.

spydermann93

I thought Citizen Dawn was really easy. Then again, I also have had extreme trouble fighting Spite. :P

The toughest two that I've fought, though, are definitely the Chairman and Iron Legacy.  Those two are absolute monsters (for different reasons).

catwhowalksbyhimself

The Dreamer and Progeny are about their weight class too.  Although when trying to unlock variants, I hit upon a combo of heroes that could be Chairman virtually every time.  Can't remember exactly what it was though.

spydermann93

Yeah, those two are pretty difficult, too.

"If you beat The Dreamer, YOU LOSE! Lololololol"

laughing paradox

This game is GREAT. I've been playing it since it came out, two years ago, and I'm still enthralled with it!

Add me on Steam if you'd ever like to play a game --
Spoiler
Agent.Panix is the name there!