News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Costume Rating 78: Superman Rebirth

Started by Podmark, June 11, 2016, 06:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of Superman's Rebirth design?

Love
Meh
Dislike
Hate

Podmark

What do you think of the old Superman's new look in DC's Rebirth?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Solid Meh. I like elements of it, and I get that we've gotta move past the underoos... but while it's closer that some of the other n52 designs, it's not great. At a minimum, give him his red boots back. That change would be enough to push me over into liking it.

daglob

I agree about the boots, but it's also too dark. What's with the sleeves? While I have a sneaking fondness for underoos, they aren't that big a deal. At least they got rid of the armor and didn't add seams for no reason.

Glitch Girl

It's an improvement over the nu52 version, but it's still very boring.  I really REALLY think there needs to be yellow in the belt to break things up a bit, and the boots really do need to be red.   I prefer a lighter, more royal blue, but it doesn't bother me nearly as much as the other stuff does.

And what is with these belts that don't actually connect to the buckles?  We had those floating belt buckles with the new/orignal X-men, and now we have a belt with a non-connected buckle.   I don't know why that irritates me, but it does.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Podmark

I went with a meh but it's leaning to like. There's a lot of elements I like. I really like the new sleeve cuffs. bringing back the open collar area looks good. I like the lines on the boot area, but perhaps more of an actual boot should be there. I like the idea behind the belt but it looks incomplete. I like the darker body suit.
It's not perfect, but it's a lot simpler than the previous costume and an okay look.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

I agree, it's better than the Nu52 version, but that's not saying much.  No trunks, no Superman.  Other than that, the lack of boots is really stupid looking, and robs the costume of one of the very necessary elements of balance, especially considering the lack of trunks.  The lack of an actual belt is also stupid.  The return to the classic neck/cape design is a step in the right direction.  I gave it a 3, a meh.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

In the Black Hood pulp stories, it is stated that the "shorts" are actually designed for athletic support. :rolleyes:

bat1987

I actually like this one quite a bit. It does need the red boots though. Keep in mind that the blue is much brighter in the comics than it is on the turnaround.