News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Injustice 2

Started by Midnite, June 12, 2016, 07:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glitch Girl

Injustice Mobile released an Injustice 2 Armored Superman Challenge and will be releasing Injustice 2 Aquaman shortly if you want previews of how the characters will look. 

Or you can wait for me to get screen shots. :)

Here's Superman...
Spoiler

To me, Injustice character designs ranged from okay (regular Wonder Woman, Batman, Joker) to flat out YUCK (Flash, Killer Frost, regular Harley Quinn, etc.).  This does not look like there will be any improvement.  I think this outfit looks gawd-awful (though his in-game bonuses are good) and that preview of Aquaman just looks bro-tastic.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Silver Shocker

So I haven't seen the trailer yet, but I've seen some other reactions online that were negative, and I can see why. Here we have the fantastic superhero costume aesthetic clashing violently with a self-defeating exercise in photo-realism, resulting in characters that look neither superheroic nor realistic. I won't mince words --these graphics look legitimately worse than those of the previous game, and that was last gen. This honestly reminds me of the art style in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, which all of us on this forum hated iirc, and yet MUA2's designs were better both because most of the costumes were just the costumes from the comics (sometimes with some extra piping) and because the art style was still more stylized than this. This is like the anti-Marvel Heroes. It looks like someone created a modded character in a completely different genre of game. And the game was released at least 10 years ago.

Wow, just wow. How do you screw up that bad? I can't wait to see what the heck they've done to Supergirl.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Glitch Girl

Let's just say I think any design that involves 3 collars may needto be thought through more.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

BentonGrey

Wow.  The designs in the first game were pretty bad, but this takes it to a new level.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Glitch Girl

And here's Aquaman...
Spoiler

I haven't done the challenge yet but I'll get an in-game shot and his character card when I can.

Hate.  The.  Hair.  Or more specifically, hate the beard.  The rest doesn't bother me as much, despite it being kinda busy and a bit meh, but that frickin' beard looks so wrong.

EDIT:

Video of gameplay and (at 11:50) gear system.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKvp0PeGers  Includes Atrocitus (and DexStar), Supergirl, Gorilla Grodd, Superman (good grief that base uniform looks bad), Batman and Aquaman.
-Glitch Girl

spydermann93

Hrmm...

I love that Dex-Starr is in the game, albeit only as an ability.

FEAR THINE WRATHFUL WHISKERS!!! MRREOOW!!!

bat1987

Neither superman nor quaman have those as their default looks. You can get those with the new gear system. But the default looks are way simpler.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/