News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Marvel Adventures Testing Thread

Started by BentonGrey, July 07, 2016, 12:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spydermann93

-Still fiddling with the Hulk. I gave him his own Defense Mechanism so I can test it without modifying the original values.

-Hercules' "Golden Mace" and "Stunning Blow" each need their magnitude to be bumped up one level to High and Medium, respectively. He feels weak compared to Thor when their strength has always been dead-even.

-I'll play around with the Skrulls and see how they do :)

EDIT: Ok, so I finally got around to having the Hulk fight Thanos, and Thanos' weight really needs to be increased to around the same weight as Hulk and Abomination.  Hulk is tossing Thanos around like a ragdoll, which should not be happening :P

Also, in a few test matches with The Hulk vs Hercules and Thor, the boost to Hercules' powers really helped the two out. It's a much better fight, now.

So the changes I made so far are:
-Boosted Hercules' "Golden Mace" and "Stunning Blow" to a magnitude of High and Medium, respectively
-Increased Thanos' mass to 300, matching Abomination and the Hulk.

BentonGrey

Hmm, Herc's powers should have been stronger.  That's strange. 

I've made those changes.

Hey, can anyone suggest a better title for Cable than "Time Traveling Mutant Hero"?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

Enigmatic Time Traveling Mutant?

Two Fisted Time Traveling Mutant?

Deadpool's Sidekick?

Cyber Burn

The man with the big guns and little tiny feet?  :P

Bodyslide by One?

Time Traveler with the Techno Virus?

Jimaras8

spydermann93

BentonGrey

Haha!  I think the 'Tiny Feet' one is definitely the keeper here.  :P

DG's 'Enigmatic' line...I like that.

I'm writing the last few missions now.  I should be able to get them tested soon, provided I can wrap up a few loose ends.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

daglob

"Introducing... Deadpool's tag-team partner, the enigmatic time-traveling, techno-virus infected mutant with big guns and tiny feet... the one... the only... Cable!"

spydermann93

So, I found an interesting bug with Thor.

Apparently, when you use "Unfettered Might", the power boost that it gives doesn't seem to go away. Use it twice and, well, he does 167 damage a hit to The Hulk :P

Unfortunately for poor Thor, Hulk adapts to the hits, becoming essentially resistant to it and hitting Thor back with 180+ damage a hit.

Crazy stuff :P

BentonGrey

Yeah, I've encountered some weirdness with that power before.  It seems it interacts with his combatskill attribute in strange ways.  I wonder if I should just replace that power with something else.
God Bless

spydermann93

BentonGrey

I'll have to think about that.  I do really love the umph that ability gives him.  Does that happen all the time?

A little update: The Spider-Man campaign is DONE!  I've finished the extra mission, thanks to y'all's input, and it is now complete.  On to the Fantastic Four missions!
God Bless

spydermann93

Yeah, it seems to happen any time it's used.

Though, I do like to think about it as Thor just taking off his kiddie gloves and start throwing his godly strength around.

Thor has had some poor showings against mortals in the past (looking at you, Wolverine and Daredevil), but against godly beings (Galactus, Thanos, etc.), he holds up pretty darn well.

BentonGrey

Darn it.  Well, I suppose it can't be helped.  I wonder what I should replace it with.  Any suggestions?
God Bless

spydermann93

I was thinking a kind of a Crushing quake/hammer slam attack that only affects ground targets, isn't as big as his Electrical one, but is cheaper and does knockup rather than knockback

Thor seems to like his AoE attacks :P

EDIT: So I finally got around to testing the Hulk vs the U-Foes, and so far, the only thing I can suggest is lower Ironclad's Endurance to 7 (maybe even 6). Right now, he performs better than Abomination against the Hulk, and considering that Ironclad has a team to back him up, I feel that it's kind of odd to me. Plus, he has Mass Control which helps him increase his health and strength should he need it, and right now, with an Endurance of 8, he feels like he's too strong.

EDIT 2: How would you like the ratio of Skrulls vs Kree to play out? 1:1 for Skrull Troopers vs Kree Privates? What about the other ranks of the Kree military? How would you like the Skrulls to do against the Shi'ar?

BentonGrey

Good suggestion, Spyder.  I'm going to ruminate on that question for a while.

Ironclad: Suggestion noted.  That makes sense.  I'll lower it to 7, and we can give him further testing to see if it needs to go lower.

Skrulls: Ideally, they should be roughly even in terms of the basic troops.

Question for the troops: Should Dr. Doom be Stone material with a metal subtype, or should I keep him as Metal?  I'm a little torn on this.
God Bless

Groucho

I just wanted to chime in and say THANKS! to all of you working on this. I am really looking forward to playing it and all of the work you are doing is really appreciated!!!
I don't want to belong to any superhero group that would allow me as a member!

spydermann93

Doom - I'd say make him Stone with metal sub-typing. I feel like he and Iron Man have both overcome the inherent weaknesses of having metal suits, so Stone fits well for them to me.

BentonGrey

Groucho, thank you so much for the interest and the appreication!

Spyder: I think so too.  Yeah, I think I'll do that, then.
God Bless

spydermann93

Good news! Thanos is actually capable of soloing the Hulk and Thor at the same time now that he isn't sent flying with every hit :P

Hurray! :thumbup:

Now to test with more heroes :cool:

Oh, he also loses to Odin and Galactus, which is to be suspected, so he isn't overly powerful ^_^

Cyber Burn

Has anyone taken Wonder man for a spin? I just took the Avengers (Wonder Man, Captain America, Iron Man, and Goliath) against the Hulk. Goliath vanished from the screen (Along with his Portrait), so I took Wonder Man against Hulk first, with Hulk getting KO'd in about 4 hits. Captain America and Iron Man just kicked back and enjoyed the 30 second show.

spydermann93

Hahaha! That sounds like a bug I have to see for myself :lol:

Quick Question: By Goliath, do you mean Giant Man? I was looking through the characters, and I couldn't find Goliath. I'm probably just missing him.

Anywho, I took the same line-up (just Giant-Man instead of Goliath) and I could not for the life of me 4 shot the Hulk. I did 180 damage to him (Cap's Rally + Giant-Man (Towering) + Giant-Man's strongest attack), but the Hulk survived it and became really resilient to the rest of my attacks (for a while at least). Giant-Man never vanished and I eventually won (Giant-Man MVP) though, so that's good :P

It's probably because I've been messing with the Hulk's Defense Mechanism to balance him out a bit.

BentonGrey

Thanos:  Good, I'm glad to hear that!  I'm worried that giving him an Active Defense might make him too tough, and it sounds like he's falling around where he should be.

CB: Ha, whoa, that's crazy!  There are some Giant Man (Men?) characters that are only temporary forms, like the towering one.  I'm guessing that was the issue there.  I'm really surprised that Wonder Man was able to take Hulk so easily!  How much damage was he doing?

Spyder: That sounds promising!

On my end, I've got the FF missions written and set up, and I have started testing them.  In doing so, I'm noticing some things I'd like to change and tweak with them.  For one, I'm thinking Johnny's animations are too slow (I just need to select different ones) and he's got an extra slot now that I've given him an Active Defense. 
God Bless

spydermann93

Oooh, I just thought of something!

Which difficulty were you playing on, Cyber? I always test on Very Hard, so that might be altering the results a bit.

Benton - Yeah, it seems like a shield might not be necessary for the Mad Titan. I just had him fight off all of the Guardians (the Old and the New) + Adam Warlock and he seemed to have done really well. Drax was just standing in the back the whole time, though. Probably something to do with his AI.

BentonGrey

Yeah, do make note of characters that don't do properly with AI.  I noticed in my last Spidey level that Whirlwind does nothing but activate his shield.  Clearly I need to fix him too.

Is the "Hurl Mjolnir" power strong enough?  Should be Very High instead of High?
God Bless

spydermann93

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 13, 2016, 11:13:30 PM
Yeah, do make note of characters that don't do properly with AI.  I noticed in my last Spidey level that Whirlwind does nothing but activate his shield.  Clearly I need to fix him too.

Is the "Hurl Mjolnir" power strong enough?  Should be Very High instead of High?

I feel that it can be bumped up to Very High, yes. So can Hercules' Mace Throw (I forget the actual power name). I think it would make it feel closer to the ranged melee abilities that many of the "Superman" characters have while not being overpowered.

And I'll be keeping an eye out for any lazy adversaries. :P

Cyber Burn

Quote from: spydermann93 on July 13, 2016, 11:00:51 PM
Oooh, I just thought of something!

Which difficulty were you playing on, Cyber? I always test on Very Hard, so that might be altering the results a bit.

I think I'm still playing on a lower level, since I hardly ever play, I don't think I ever bumped the level up.

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 13, 2016, 10:50:18 PM
CB: Ha, whoa, that's crazy!  There are some Giant Man (Men?) characters that are only temporary forms, like the towering one.  I'm guessing that was the issue there.  I'm really surprised that Wonder Man was able to take Hulk so easily!  How much damage was he doing?

I don't remember the numbers, but Hulk did get knocked down before he got beat.

It probably was Giant Man (Hank Pym in the Red Suit). I didn't even think about temporary forms, I just wanted to see the big man stomp on the Hulk.  :D

BentonGrey

Wow, Herc's mace was at Medium...how did that happen?

Anyway, another update, both Fantastic Four missions are finished, so the FF campaign is done!  I think I'll do a SHIELD mission on the Helicarrier, and then I'll call it a day.  I'll have the whole, complete mod out to y'all soon, and you can test the missions as well as balance.

At the moment I'm taking some time to tweak things before writing this last mission.  I'm not 100% happy with the FF.  I've been screwing around with animations and powers, so if y'all have any suggestions on that front, let me know.
God Bless

spydermann93

Can't really think of anything for them for right now, but when I do, I'll let you know ^_^

What's bugging you about them?

BentonGrey

I'm pretty happy with the Invisible Woman and the Thing.  They are both just about what I want them to be.  Mr. Fantastic has always been a bit of a disappointment to me.  I am REALLY happy with how Dock Ock turned out, using ranged attacks combined with invisible projectiles and with perfectly matched animations.  He looks PERFECT in action.  I really want to do the same thing with Mr. F., but I just can't get things to match up as neatly.  I've also been tweaking the other animations, toying with giving him an alternate run that stretches him out.  I'm not sure about that yet.

Torch is pretty close, but I've never been 100% happy with him either.  He's felt a bit too limited.  I have shifted his beam attack to High damage and low cost and added a free fireball projectile attack.  That feels a bit more fitting, but I'm still not sure I like it.
God Bless