News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Marvel Adventures Testing Thread

Started by BentonGrey, July 07, 2016, 12:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spydermann93

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 14, 2016, 09:21:56 PM
I'm pretty happy with the Invisible Woman and the Thing.  They are both just about what I want them to be.  Mr. Fantastic has always been a bit of a disappointment to me.  I am REALLY happy with how Dock Ock turned out, using ranged attacks combined with invisible projectiles and with perfectly matched animations.  He looks PERFECT in action.  I really want to do the same thing with Mr. F., but I just can't get things to match up as neatly.  I've also been tweaking the other animations, toying with giving him an alternate run that stretches him out.  I'm not sure about that yet.

Torch is pretty close, but I've never been 100% happy with him either.  He's felt a bit too limited.  I have shifted his beam attack to High damage and low cost and added a free fireball projectile attack.  That feels a bit more fitting, but I'm still not sure I like it.

Yeah, Mr. Fantastic has been fairly difficult for me in the past, too. Hoss is tweaking those animations for you, right? Perhaps that might do it.

In the meantime, I'll be looking at Mr. Fantastic and the Human Torch and try to see if I can't scrounge something up. How's the Human Torch from the Invaders feeling for you? Same as Johnny or is he about right?

BentonGrey

Here's hoping!

Please do.  I think I'm getting them closer, but I'm happy to hear suggestions.

Invader's Torch is apparently just the same as Johnny, which I had forgotten.  Clearly I need to tweak him some too.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Jimaras8

I think i speak for all the community saying we can't wait for this beauty to come out  :D. Benton if you are still interested in the vigilante mission let me know. I will think of something with Moon Knight and a couple of other heroes.

spydermann93

I was messing around with Doc Ock, today, and I found that he has two "4 Tentacle Pincer" moves, one in Tier A and one in Tier B :P

Cyber Burn

On a minor note, Super Adaptoid is using a regular Captain America Shield Throw, instead of his own Green one.

Cyber Burn

Kind of an odd glitch or two. I was running the Fantastic Four vs the Serpent Society, with me controlling the FF (And to keep up with Spyder, I changed it to "very hard"). Besides the fact that I got slaughtered...very quickly...as in, before I had a chance to get all four members of my Team going, I noticed that some of the Powers and Animations were not right.

Johnny Storm was flying in a standing position, which I don't think is even in his Keyframe Set. I had him shoot a Firebomb (Ranged Attack), which he did without moving a muscle.

Sue Storm had the Pinking Issue, but that should be a quick and easy fix.

The Thing had died before I had finished getting control of my other Team Members (I had sent him out first).

Black Racer was using Black Mamba's Quetz Hex, even though she doesn't have the Power set up for her.

Black Mamba was using someone else's Powers, not quite sure whose though.

I went back through the Character Creator in-game to check these out, and everything seemed fine. I can't explain this one.

On a side note, you have a Python, do you still need a Princess Python?

spydermann93

Huh, that's weird. I'm going to have to check this out when I get back home.

BentonGrey

Sorry guys, we had a bad storm here and lost power for a few days.  We're back in action now, but we're are doing some traveling this week, so I'm not going to be around quite as much for a few days.

Alright, to the latest comments:

Thanks Jim!  I already finished that mission, in fact.  Thanks to your and the others' excellent suggestions, just about everything is done.  I used a lot of what you suggested.  I'm tweaking the first SHIELD mission now and trying to decide if I want to do a second or not.

Spyder, weird, I've fixed that.  Somehow he had that instead of his grapple.

Super Adaptoid: Fixed.

CB: That is really weird!  I have experienced that type of thing a few times lately, where everything seems to get mixed up (it seems to be what is behind Cyclops speaking with a girl's voice), but I have no idea what is going on.  When you get a chance, run that again, and see if it produces the same weird errors.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

BentonGrey

Okay, I've made a lot of little updates, tweaked a ton of stuff, fought endlessly with Mr. Fantastic and the Torch's animations, completed almost all of the different campaigns, and done a few other things.  I'm in the process of uploading a new build.  This version still has a few things that need doing, so we'll call it a Beta.

Spyder, once you get the Hulk's attribute where you like it, let me know, and I'll add that in for the final build.

I've got some of Unkoman's amazingly awesome comic cover loading screens set up.  I'm still setting up some of the others, though he's done his bit with flying colors.

The SHIELD intro mission is done, I'm debating whether or not I want to do another one. The first one has some typos I've got to fix, and I may monkey with it some.  It is the default campaign at the moment, because I forgot to switch it out.

The strings entries are still not done, so I'll begin working on those in earnest now.

There are a few things that we have placeholders for, as AA is cooking up another batch of amazing skins/skopes for the mod!  That's right, the awesome stuff he's already done wasn't enough for him, so he's creating even more beautiful skins!

Since the campaigns are pretty much done, feel free to test them.  The new material is:

A spin-off X-Men campaign of solo stories
One-shot (at the moment) SHIELD campaign
New X-Men story arc, added onto existing campaign
Conclusion (2 missions) for FF campaign
Spider-Man and Marvel Knights campaign

I'll be sending y'all links soon.
God Bless

spydermann93

Will do, Benton!

It's really weird balancing The Hulk's ability.

The way it works it seems he's either too weak or too strong. I'm going to do a few more run throughs and then send you what I have. :)

BentonGrey

Well, I think I'd rather err on the side of too strong, but yeah, that's the problem I ran into as well.
God Bless

spydermann93

Yeah, I definitely want him to be challenge. He is the "STRONGEST THERE IS", after all :P

spydermann93

Sorry for the double post, but I found that the "Frost Giant Lord" does not have any AI assigned to it, making him not show up in the Rumble Room.

Change its AI to whatever you want to fix it :P

EDIT: I think I'm at the point where I've convinced myself that Abomination's endurance needs to be bumped up to 8. Abomination's doing better against the Hulk than before, but after a few tests with Abomination's higher endurance, it's a much better fight than before. It definitely feels like Abomination is really Hulk's physical rival while not being too strong.

EDIT 2: Well, I just tried the first mission from the SHIELD campaign and wow! That is one brutal fight! I was playing on Normal and I failed my first attempt, haha :P

Going to go for a second try and see if I can't do any better

BentonGrey

Frost Giant: Fixed

Abomination: Alright, I'll bump him up for the next build.

SHIELD: Haha, it's meant to be a challenge, but perhaps it is too much of one.  What beat you?
God Bless

spydermann93

Zemo and his goons.

I got to the last part. The friendly SHIELD Agents seemed to be standing around quite a bit, so maybe that was the issue?

All I know is that I was having a lot of fun with it. :P

BentonGrey

Let me know how your second run-through goes.  Maybe I should give Zemo fewer goons. 

The SHIELD Agents needed cop AI, so that is fixed.
God Bless

spydermann93

Well, I tried it again and I lost, but I did much better this time (nobody died). I only lost because Zemo got away, that slippery snake. :doh:

I changed the SHIELD Agents' AI to CCop like you did and they performed much better. The first group was taken out by an explosion right when the mission started, haha :lol:

Time to go for a third round! Third time's the charm :P

BentonGrey

Haha, good luck!

I recommend taking advantage of Sitwell's abilities in regards to Zemo.  If you can place some mines or throw some proximity mines in his escape route, you can screw him up.  Plus, irradiating attacks will go right through his shield!
God Bless

spydermann93

Well, I was finally able to do that third run through for the mission and I finally won!

Yeah, those Irradiation and Gamma Beams did their jobs. Good advice! I also just threw every grenade possible when Zemo appeared. Wiped out his brigade pretty easily.

I'm not sure if there is a second mission or if it's just loading a different map, but the whole map is 100% pink, which I don't think is normal :P

BentonGrey

Excellent!  I'll leave it as is at the moment, and perhaps I'll tweak it later. 

That's the only mission.  Perhaps I'll add a second, but I'm not inclined to at the moment. 
God Bless

spydermann93

During more of my Hulk tests (I still can't seem to make him feel right :banghead:), I was thinking about Thor's powers.

How about instead of his 300-percenter, you give him the Power Boost attribute? That way he can boost his strength to do more damage in melee. I know that there's a "Boost Powers" option, but I'm wondering if it will have the same side-effect as the 300-percenter.

Hmmm...

Jimaras8

Hey guys, how is the testing coming along?

BentonGrey

Spyder, there may just not be a Goldilocks zone for the Hulk.  Where are we on that?

Thor: My guess is that anything else with a similar effect will probably produce a similar problem.  I still haven't made up my mind what to do about this.

Jim, I think it's going quite well.  Everything seems to be working, which is the main thing, and I've tested all of the campaigns and fixed a bunch of stuff.  There should be little left to do.  It's basically just tying up loose ends and writing strings entries at this point.
God Bless

spydermann93

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 27, 2016, 04:43:08 PM
Spyder, there may just not be a Goldilocks zone for the Hulk.  Where are we on that?

Thor: My guess is that anything else with a similar effect will probably produce a similar problem.  I still haven't made up my mind what to do about this.

I'll send you what I have right now since it definitely seems he's a bit less OP than he was, but Thor and Herc still have troubles standing up to him.  He works pretty well against Abomination, though :P

BentonGrey

That sounds like you've hit him pretty well, Spyder!
God Bless

Jimaras8

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 27, 2016, 04:43:08 PM

Jim, I think it's going quite well.  Everything seems to be working, which is the main thing, and I've tested all of the campaigns and fixed a bunch of stuff.  There should be little left to do.  It's basically just tying up loose ends and writing strings entries at this point.

That sounds great. If you need me to take some burden off your shoulders with the strings i would be happy to. I don't have any projects for the next couple of weeks.

Cyber Burn

So I actually got to play a little bit today. I started with the Avengers Campaign. Hawkeye and Black Widow had a building fall on them less than 30 seconds into the game...and they were killed immediately. Pym (At least I'm assuming it was him) never even made it to my Group. I wanted to send Wasp to go find him but since she was the only Hero around, I used her to fight. I blinked, and Pym was dead. Wasp made a decent showing, but the odds were to stacked too high against her. She lasted about 2 more minutes, then followed her team to the Great beyond.

Next I went for some RR Action. Hulk vs Juggernaut. Juggernaut got off to a slow start, he just stood there taking Hulk's beating, but then he got tired of it and the match really began. The two matched each other, shot for shot, as they wore each other down. Both were down to minimal life, when out of nowhere, Juggernaut came back with a full tank. Hulk was about to go down, but used his Heroic Revival to even the score. The match resumed as the two behemoths traded blows once more, but in the end, it was Bruce Banner laying on the ground in defeat.

BentonGrey

Jim, I will very likely take you up on that.  I'll take stock and send you something Sunday, most likely.

Well CB, you confirmed something I was worried about.  I gave everyone AI, and I noticed during my rapid playthrough of the campaigns that the Zodiac Troopers deluged the player with grenades in that first mission.  I'm thinking I need to increase the time on that in their AI.  Hopefully that will eliminate the grenade barrage at the beginning of the mission, which should make it easier to survive if you can move quickly.

That Hulk/Juggs fight sounds pretty epic!  I'm not 100% happy that Hulk went down, though.  Hmm.
God Bless

Jimaras8

Looking forward to it. I will have my back checked in Monday for a health issue but other than that i'm free.

CB seems to me Hulk and Juggernaut are evenly matched in the comics. Have you given any sort of passive shield attribute to Juggie?

daglob

There should be a chance that The Hulk will fail, otherwise why bother to play?