Associate Hero File with Mesh & Skin??

Started by 58vince, July 13, 2016, 04:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

58vince

Hi, I had FFv3r years ago and just recently found it again on steam. I've downloaded a lot of the Marvel and DC meshes and skins from Alex's freedom force page as well as his hero files. I can't seem to associate the hero file with the mesh and skin. When I installed FFv3r from steam it created 2 directories. One located at C:\Users\Vince\AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich and one at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich. In the first directory there is a folder called "Custom". In that folder are 2 folders, one is "characters" the other is "heroes". In the second directory there is a path to Custom\Art\library. In the library folder is a folder called "characters" but no folder called "heroes".

Here is my problem. If I put the meshes and skins in the C:\Users\Vince\AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\custom\characters they don't show up when I launch the game and go to characters. If I put them in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich\custom\Art\library\characters they do show up but there is no hero file with them because there is no "heroes" folder in that directory. If I create a "heroes" in that directory and put the hero files in it, still nothing happens, they are not associated with the meshes and skins.

On the other hand if I put the hero files in the C:\Users\Vince\AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\custom\heroes directory when I launch the game and go to characters, they are all listed there but with no mesh or skin with them. If I put the meshes and skins in the C:\Users\Vince\AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\custom\characters folder they don't show up.

So how do I link or associate the meshes and skins in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich\custom\Art\library\characters folder with the hero files in the C:\Users\Vince\AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\custom\heroes folder?

Thanks for any suggestions, (I'm using Windows 10)

Vince

spydermann93

Welcome to Freedom Reborn, Vince!

Ok, so in the EZHeroTool, there is a menu called "Tools" up at the top. Click that and click on "Settings"

Once there, in your "Hero Files Folder", you'll put: C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Custom\Heroes

In the "FFVTTR Art Folder", you'll put: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich\Custom\Art

Click "Ok" and that should solve your problem ^_^

All of the hero files you make in game (or using the EZHeroTool) will appear in your "C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Custom\Heroes" folder.

As for installing meshes and skins, put all meshes in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich\Custom\Art\library\characters" folder and all skins go in their respective mesh_name/skins folder.

EDIT: Make sure that you read this (http://www.alexff.com/faq.php). It will help guide you in customizing Freedom Force to just the way you like it.

58vince

Thank you very much for the response. That is exactly what I needed. I read Alex's FAQ but somehow missed that I needed the EZHero Tool.

Thanks,
Vince